Search results

1. GuyNoir

Reisong A10: Technical review.

Hey now! :rflmao: Today's Harleys are worlds better than the notorious AMF Harleys of yore. I'm sure you already knew that.
  2. GuyNoir

Post man dropped my megarare used but good RCA 7591 tubes off today

Not my pic - I have the Tungsols as well. I've heard great things about the EH; some even prefer it over the WH! Nice score, btw.
  3. GuyNoir

He must have commenced work following a three martini lunch. I was just thinking i could squeeze those in the air vents pictured behind the output tubes. Not much heat coming out of them.
  4. GuyNoir

Are those "press in" test points, Tony?
  5. GuyNoir

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

"...where does I put this?" :dunno:
  6. GuyNoir

Fragile lettering on chassis

It seems that Dymo and Brother make a label maker that would be ideally suited for making tube position labels, and they even have clear adhesive printing tape with a myriad of fonts. Not exactly factory, but not bad either. A decent one can be had for less than $50.00 I'll just clean the old...
  7. GuyNoir

Dream speakers

If you you're giving, I'm receiving.
  8. GuyNoir

Even wiping with a dry cloth wipes the lettering off. So the choice is clear: Gunk and lettering, or clean minus lettering. Thanks Conrad, for the idea on the Leroy lettering guide. The first I've heard of it.
  9. GuyNoir

The front panel lettering held up pretty well - it's only the most used controls that have faded. I keep thinking some computer whiz/audio hobbyist is going to come up with a DIY transfer printer with correct vintage fonts.
  10. GuyNoir

Hi folks: I proceeded to use a very weak solution of Palmolive and water, and a cotton t-shirt to clean the top side of the aluminum chassis of my Scott 340. Lettering is great, but the chassis is gunky. Merely touching the lettering with a wet rag wipes the lettering off. I suspect clean...
  11. GuyNoir

Behold my Shame…

I feel your pain.
  12. GuyNoir

HH Scott Owners Thread

Purdy!
  13. GuyNoir

Anyone have a ready-made IBAM circuit, parts list etc for Scott 340a?

I want to treat my baby right. Having test points and adjustments will give me security. Thanks!
  14. GuyNoir

A more mellow cap recommendation

Not big at all. They fit very easily in my cramped Sherwood.
  15. GuyNoir

Tube Suppliers

Vivatubes and Eurotubes. And dear old Mother Russia for the brutish output tubes,
  16. GuyNoir

Recap of my old speakers SO disappointing!

Yes, yes...because people are so incredibly gullible, right? You're so very clever.
  17. GuyNoir

How many of our resident scientists believe in a God, deity, supreme being, etc? One wonders.
  18. GuyNoir

I've never heard my speakers as new, but I do know the tweeters didn't actually "spit" before the Daytons. That ceased after the Clarity Caps, though are still bright. Maybe it's because I'm using floor standing speakers in a small bedroom environment. I've ordered felt diffusor rings.
  19. GuyNoir

It does a body good!
  20. GuyNoir

Well, you know how people like their snake oil!
  21. GuyNoir

Sure it does, Stimpy. Once you've come to realize that there's no audible difference between a $1.00 cap, and a $300 cap, all will be well indeed. No need to ever question prevailing wisdom. You'd best sell off that Aragon too, as all amps sound the same.
  22. GuyNoir

You like potato and I like potahto You like tomato and I like tomahto Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto. Let's call the whole thing off
  23. GuyNoir

I find it amusing that hardly anyone ever questions the wisdom of purchasing a $5000 amplifier vs a $100 dollar chip amp, that might measure the same in a laboratory environment. Which is not to say I am critical of spending serious money on gear. if I had money to play with, I would certainly...
  24. GuyNoir

The Daytons were actually offensive right away; the Claritys aren't, from my perspective. However, you paraphrased me in the first instance, and someone else in the second - so something of a logical fallacy.
  25. GuyNoir

Orders of magnitude came to mind, but...I didn't want to get carried away :rflmao: Already I've noticed that the speakers are more cohesive - The drivers working as one. As opposed to sounding someone disjointed, confused, and not happy to be working together. Even bass might be...
Back
Top Bottom