Search results

1. jdrum1

Thoughts on Speaker Upgrade

I'll definitely research them! I'll keep those in mind. A year or so ago I missed a steal on some K-Horns on CL......those may have been a good match for me.
  2. jdrum1

If not Armor All then........ what ?

Another vote for 303. It's fantastic!
  3. jdrum1

Mostly alt rock. No pics at the moment (at work). Living room is on the tall end of an L shaped living/kitchen/dining room (speakers on the top edge of the L). I'd like to keep close to $1k, but it's somewhat fluid. I've had (and still own) some vintage gear (nice pair of NLA's in a bedroom)...
  4. jdrum1

Wow, I haven't been around here in a long time! In fact, I don't think I've made a post since the big "change" to the new format. Even so, music has been playing. My system has been unchanged in a number of years; Jolida 102b, Gini Systems ls3/5a clone with bass stands. My source is almost...
  5. jdrum1

Buying new bed. Temperpedic anyone?

Another vote for natural latex. I did a ton of research, and feel that it's hands down the best material for a mattress.
  6. jdrum1

Ultra Cheap Daily Transpo Recomendations

When you are putting your kid in a $2k car, you get the cleanest, best maintained vehicle you can find (make are model are secondary).
  7. jdrum1

BIG Klipsch theater speakers for music?

Speakers are cool and all, but how about more pics of your living space?!?!
  8. jdrum1

Anyone own a Nissan 370Z?

What are your goals? The 370Z isn't a bad car, but aside from looks, isn't really much more of a true sports car than your TL (with some mild suspension upgrades, your TL can corner nicely for a larger 4 door car). If you're wanting an upgrade in handling, then the 370 probably isn't it. If...
  9. jdrum1

Do people actually pay these prices??

I can understand the high pricing on some things (worth whatever people are willing to pay), but $100 more than other retailers for a new Audio Technica turntable?
  10. jdrum1

RamblinE is starting to think about a new car.

Terribly early for a clutch, but talk about good customer service! I'm with you on taking the high road. There's been plenty of times I would have been validated in getting mad, but remember my days of customer service......
  11. jdrum1

Mazda Miata Questions

Wow! I live in muscle car country (Mustangs, Camaros, and Challangers everywhere), and am constantly having to explain that it's not meant for straight lines......
  12. jdrum1

Honda CRV Hits 300,000 Miles

Agreed. I like the 1st and 3rd generations. I was recently in the market small SUV market, and discovered that for the $$ of a 3rd gen, I could get an Acura RDX. Same basic platform, but with a better AWD system and a turbo charger :banana:
  13. jdrum1

Mazda Miata Questions

As an s2000 owner, I don't think there as anything more fun than a light roadster. Great find!
  14. jdrum1

Honda CRV Hits 300,000 Miles

Ex wife had a '97 that looked and drove like new when it was totaled at 200k miles (another driver ran a stop sign). It was such a great car......both sad to see it go.
  15. jdrum1

Panic at the NJ Inspection Station...

In their defense, there aren't many left. Most that started as a 3 spd have long been converted so something else. Truthfully, if it wasn't for wanting to keep my truck mostly stock, I'd ditch that transmission in a heartbeat. In Texas, you can register any automobile over 25 years old as...
  16. jdrum1

Best Computer Speakers

Home: Audyssey Lower East Side Media Speakers http://www.cnet.com/products/audyssey-media-speakers/ The original prices were too high, but the manufacture cleared them out, and I found a great deal on Woot (under $100). Great sound/price ratio (and they look nice). Work: Palo...
  17. jdrum1

Best roadster for sale in USA?

I pass by a Lexus SC convertible everyday.....and it just looks so sad. Really, I can't find a flattering angle. The entire car is bad (down to the saw-blade wheels).
  18. jdrum1

Hagarty Insurance for Classic's

Nice to hear a report from somebody that had to file a claim with them (sorry it was a necessity). I've been with them for a few years, with no issues (thankfully, no claims). When I first signed up, they had good reviews.
  19. jdrum1

Panic at the NJ Inspection Station...

As Ed said, they drive them here in Texas. My old truck (avatar) is a 3 speed column shift. There is only one shop in town that I'll let inspect it. When looking for a place to do it a few years ago, I was met with blank stares at each shop when I asked if anyone could drive a 3 on-the-tree...
  20. jdrum1

Show Us Your Daily Driver!

Love the CRX!
  21. jdrum1

The new Skoda Fabia

Great commercial! I showed it to my students yesterday for the point of proving how much info we miss when rushed (talking about our approaching standardized test). Kids loved it.
  22. jdrum1

Is this a bad idea..

As cool of a truck as it is, I think it's a good idea to skip it for such a young driver. I love driving my old truck (avatar), but am fully aware of it's safety deficiencies. Not that's it's rare, but it's still cool that you can get a decent condition classic toy for so little $$. It's...
  23. jdrum1

The Allante gets the vote for most unique (not sure if I mean that in a good or bad way). I feel a roadster should be RWD (Allante is front, correct?).
  24. jdrum1

Most HP/Liter of any naturally aspirated production engine. There are many owners that are running a reliable (high mileage) daily drivers with 300-400 HP under boost.
Back
Top Bottom