Search results

1. AJD1964

Garrard AT-6 MKII Mute Switch

Does anyone know if the mute switch on a Garrard AT6 can be adjusted? It seems to just have a notch that sets on a lever. I would like the mute switch to stay muted until AFTER the needle drops and catches the groove. It un-mutes right before the drop. Also I would like to make it mute right...
  2. AJD1964

Cartridge Recommendation for Dual 1219

Yes - I run the VM740ML on mine periodically and it sounds excellent.
  3. AJD1964

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Pioneer SX-1010 Self rebuilt power supply and amp driver boards, with new micas and paste on output transistors back in 2018. L = 14mv R = 1.3mv
  4. AJD1964

Pioneer SX 1010 Tuner

Ok great! Sorry late to the game, but I do have spare tuner board if you needed photos. Either in a unit or separate.
  5. AJD1964

Pioneer SX 1010 Tuner

Did you ever get this tuner to go?
  6. AJD1964

This could be simple to solve... lower volume using iPhone to Amp

Correct! That’s why you have to get a dongle or other dac for analog audio from a newer iPhone. Btw to the OP - ive been running Apple devices since around 2010. They never have the analog output level that traditional line level devices have. To get around it, either an inline mixer/ booster...
  7. AJD1964

Hayseed

I never worked on a Fisher nor looked to see if Hayseeds cap kits are Fisher specific like for Scott. I’m guessing they made a mistake? It will be interesting to hear about their email reply.
  8. AJD1964

Scott 299C

I’m not 100% sure that -18v on the grids is gospel for this particular set up. That value is from schematics that do not match. I checked this when I replaced all power supply can style multi-capacitors. To get -18, I had to come off of the factory paint marks on the bias pots quite a bit...
  9. AJD1964

Scott 299C

David, I have the same model as you are describing. This thread may help give you insight, as it did me. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/scott-299c-bias-adjustment.754087/
  10. AJD1964

Bell 2440 restoration

Welcome! This unit looks to have most of its original electrolytic caps still in it. Im surprised it ran 3 weeks. But sometimes they do. The circled Sprague “sticker” labeled can cap does not look original to me, nor does that smoked resistor. It appears to have been worked on in that part of...
  11. AJD1964

Sherwood S8000 static, flash = no sound and cursing.

Looking at the pics in post #6; someone’s been in there before. Note non original resistors near the transformer.
  12. AJD1964

Fisher X-100 Replacement Power Transformer

BTW, just curious - what happened to cause the loss of your Fisher PT? Must have been a big issue.
  13. AJD1964

HH Scott 299D I think it has a virus.

Understood
  14. AJD1964

Bump ... Hey how did the 299D come out? Did you ever get the Hayseed caps installed?
  15. AJD1964

HH Scott Owners Thread

I would begin by ensuring that the 233 is in refurbished condition. Are those original power supply can capacitors in there?
  16. AJD1964

1019 vs. 1229? Opinions?

I have a 1009, 1009SK, 1019,& 1219. All of them I refurbished to good working condition. I like the 10 series for build quality, but I do not understand all the hype for the 1019. Imo, the stubby little arm can limit tracking ability. But for cool factor they’re hard to beat, and they do a...
  17. AJD1964

Taking another chance on Audio-Technica: just bought a VM750SH

I’m running my extra red 540ml stylus on my old very low miles 440mla body with the Dual 1219. I’m trying to hear differences between the 540ml and the 440mla thru the 440 cart. The 440mla and 540/740 carts have different coil specs. Going thru my Scott tube amp, both styli sound very similar...
  18. AJD1964

Taking another chance on Audio-Technica: just bought a VM750SH

Agreed, and the dark brown/black styli housings of the sh&slc’s look better with the gold body imo.
  19. AJD1964

HH Scott Owners Thread

Do Fishers have the issues of missing or lack of schematics on certain models? My 299C has no known matching schematic.
  20. AJD1964

Yeah - best to look at the unit. The 72B kit matched my 299C cap set up perfectly. No fuss. I have one of those 299C’s that has both Bias and Balance pots - but no test points. And unfortunately NO matching schematic.
  21. AJD1964

Are you still running the original ceracaps on your D? I like their original sound - but it’s possible one could go bad.
  22. AJD1964

I did the balance by applying the null / 0v method on 2 tubes, pin 6, I believe. Mine was still dead quiet though, and it didn’t need much tweaking on the balance pots away from the factory paint marks on the pots.
  23. AJD1964

This! My 299c just lost it’s virginity with new Hayseed can caps too. I Installed them earlier this week. I like the chrome finish, but wasn’t sure I would at first. Figured I better replace them before any unpleasant surprises.
  24. AJD1964

Bell 2440 restoration

I’ve seen mullards in their power supplies but not as often.
  25. AJD1964

Shure M55E. How does +55 year old technology perform?

My 1219 came equipped with a V15-II, acquired from the original owner.
Back
Top Bottom