Search results

1. AJD1964

Garrard AT-6 MKII Mute Switch

Does anyone know if the mute switch on a Garrard AT6 can be adjusted? It seems to just have a notch that sets on a lever. I would like the mute switch to stay muted until AFTER the needle drops and catches the groove. It un-mutes right before the drop. Also I would like to make it mute right...
  2. AJD1964

SX-1010 Power Amp Board AWH-032 Rebuild Problem

This unit was all working 100% until today, during a right channel amp board overhaul. Before this, other than cleaning switches and pots, I overhauled the Power Supply board (054) first. It was working so well after the PS was done, I wanted to get the power amp boards done to prevent the...
  3. AJD1964

Phono Input Capacitance SX-750

I'm trying to come up with a total capacitance value within the phono input circuit to optimize phono cartridge loading & selection. I see in the schematic that there is 1 100K resistor in parallel with 1 82pf capacitor, before going into the IC chip for the phono preamp. The load impedance is...
  4. AJD1964

M97xE - I'm on Board!

I just received my new M97xE yesterday, and it performs MUCH better than I expected. I am so used to my AT's and their sound, now I really see the difference. Not that the AT sound is a bad thing, but I've now realized they are seem very CD like, and I always had to hold the treble pot back to...
  5. AJD1964

SX-727 Protection Board AWM-027 Question

Hello! I'm putting together a parts list, to primarily do preventitive work on my SX-727. My question specifically relates to replacing the Q3, Q4, and Q6 2SC945 transistors on the AWM-027 board. Q3, Q4, and Q6 all have an original part description number of 2SC945. I noticed that listed on...
  6. AJD1964

Dual 1264 Speed Change Problem

When switching from 33 to 45 rpm, the belt does not want to slide down the pulley shaft onto the larger diameter section. It just goes maybe half way down. If I crank the pitch adjustment all the way positive (+), the drive belt will eventually slide down and play at 45 rpm, but it hesitates...
  7. AJD1964

Re-Cap / Re-Furbish & Questions - Bell/TRW 2440 Integrated Amp

Questions and schematic are toward the bottom if you want to skip details. This is long (Sorry). Thanks in advance for any responses. Background: When I acquired this amplifier, it was missing both output transformers and had no tubes other than a couple of 12AX7’s. A previous owner...
  8. AJD1964

7189 - How can I Identify them?

Hello Tube pros! I found 2 what I think are 7189 tubes, but the normal markings are no longer visible. I think that's what they are, but they could be 6BQ5's. The only markings I can see are vey small toward the bottom of the tubes; one has rX3/X9E, and the other has rX3/40H1. Is there...
  9. AJD1964

Turntable / Changer Recommendations for Grundig Console

I have an early/mid '60's all tube Grundig (UFO) console that has rekindled my interests lately, and would like to know what you all here would think a good match would be for a record player. I would prefer to keep it all German. I did pick up a Dual 1008A, but now that I have it, I'm not...
  10. AJD1964

Grundig Console Info. / Schematic Needed

For the last 18 years or so I’ve used this tube console on & off thru the years. I got it back in 1996 at a second hand store while temporarily living up in Saskatchewan, training for my current job. It is a Canadian assembled unit, and is 100% functional (minus a record changer, and 1 dial lamp...
  11. AJD1964

Garrard AT6 - Plays Too Fast - Suggestions?

My Garrard AT6 plays too fast. Both on 45 and 33. Probably on the other 2 speeds also, but I do not use them. I've searched many threads and found many solutions for fixing slow speed on these types of changers, but no fixes for being fast. I have a new idler wheel ordered, but I doubt that will...
  12. AJD1964

Dual CS 1264 Anti-Resonance Counterweight - Need a Picture Please!

I picked up a dirty & neglected Dual CS 1264 at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. After cleaning it up, and installing a home-made “stewie-pimple” it is now fully functional. I disassembled the Anti-Resonator counterweight to learn how it worked inside, and messed around with it a little...
  13. AJD1964

Rumbling Noise and Microphonics , SL1200 MK2

Here’s my problem: A rumbling, or lower frequency type of noise comes up through the tone arm. It only is heard when the stylus in on a record. Lift the cue, dead quiet. It is noticeable during lead in, run-out, and between tracks. The noise varies in frequency with platter speed, i.e. higher...
  14. AJD1964

Shure V15 Type II (2) – Worth a stylus upgrade?

I have a Shure V15 Type II that was OEM for my Dual 1219. I would like to re-install it, but it needs a new stylus. I have found very little info here relating to the Type II, as compared to the newer V15 models, which makes me think it is not really that highly regarded. Since an original...
  15. AJD1964

SX-727 Stereo Indicator Lamp Problem

Hello. I’ve been away from the Pioneer group for a while, spending too much time with the turntable geeks I suppose... Now I need a little advice. Anyway – to the point; My SX-727 has a strange symptom with the FM stereo indicator lamp. When I am in any mode OTHER than FM stereo, the...
  16. AJD1964

Help - Reverse Engineering a Crossover Circuit

The attached image below is a VERY crude hand drawn schematic of my crossover. A photo can be seen at my other thread http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=592980. They are from a model RtR 300D I recently re-capped. I have a very basic understanding of filter circuits – but only...
  17. AJD1964

Speaker Newbie Here - RtR 300D Woofer Re-Foam & Crossover Re-Cap Job

Since I was doing a Woofer re-foam job (my first!) on my RtR 300D speakers (finally done after needing since the early 90’s), I thought I might as well re-cap the crossovers since everything was apart. When the woofers were still good, they had one heck of a low end. But, by the early 90’s...
  18. AJD1964

Hey Stones Experts - “Out of Our Heads” Made in England?

I searched through the Stones threads, and found some info about their albums in general, but not much specific to this album. Last night I ran across my old beater mono copy of the Stones “Out of our Heads”, which was my Dad’s since new. It’s moderately to heavily scratched, but the grooves are...
  19. AJD1964

SX-750 & Severe Woofer Pumping on Phono

My SX-750 now seems stable. It sounds excellent, very powerful, and noise free. BUT - when in phono, I get severe woofer pumping beginning as low as 9:00 on the volume setting. This is with loudness ON, and Bass at mid-point. I get it with ALL LP's, and both of my 2 cartridges i'm using...
  20. AJD1964

SL-1200 & Woofer Pumping - Which mod??

On one of my systems I'm using an SL-1200 MK2, original Technics head-shells, with either AT-440Mla and/or Shure M44G cartridge. This is connected to a Pioneer SX-750 receiver, using the internal phono input. My speakers are the Sony's noted in my Sig. and they are ported, which does not help...
  21. AJD1964

AM Tuner Section, SX 750 Dead, but tries to live…..

Hello! I’m a “Newbie” to posting on the Pioneer sub-forum, but have read many technical posts of common problems here. I am really hoping someone here has seen this before, but I could not find much about AM Tuner problems on the searches. My just arrived on-line purchased SX 750 seems to...
  22. AJD1964

Garage Sale Score! Dual TT, Shure Cart, & Test Record!

Dual 1219, with Shure Super-Track V-15 Type II. Cleaned up nice, was a little sticky, needed a little lube. Works Perfect! Audio Obsacle Course Test Record I couldn't get this into the car fast enough! :banana:
  23. AJD1964

AT15SS vs AT12S - 15SS Worth it?

Hi all! Saw this AT15SS on ePay, and wondered what you all think how it would compare to my AT12S cart with low miles ATN12S stylus. I do not have a high end TT, just a Sanyo Q-40 Plus series. It has a AT120E with a new stylus from LP Grear. It performs very well & very quiet. I think I like...
Back
Top Bottom