Search results

1. A

Bad power transformers :-( Any solutions?

Hello - I also have a Denon DP-37F with a bad power transformer (same in schematic as the one in the DP-35F). Please share with me the exact replacement you purchased and most importantly - did it work or not? Thank you
  2. A

Hello - I have a Denon DP-37F TT with a fritzed power transformer - I get only about 1.5 V AC...

Hello - I have a Denon DP-37F TT with a fritzed power transformer - I get only about 1.5 V AC output though there is 110V DC going in. The table won't spin properly (goes backwards) read your thread - what did you get (specifically) to replace the one that you changed out and did it work - Thank...
  3. A

Power Transformer replacement for Denon DP -37F - Help Please

Hello All I purchased a Denon DP-37F and it appears to have a bad power transformer. Output should be 12V at 0.22 amps as per service manual. I am only seeing less then 2 volts output and the platter is turning backwards. I want to find a replacement the transformer but I cannot find the...
  4. A

Hello I have recently acquired (trade and purchase) a TX-4500 and a TX-4500 MKII. I read you...

Hello I have recently acquired (trade and purchase) a TX-4500 and a TX-4500 MKII. I read you post and it seems you are also a fan. I hooked up my Project turntable to both and I am picking a hum up (high volume, record off) on the TX-4500. The only thing I did to these 2 receivers was clean...
  5. A

Onkyo TX-SV515pro - any opinions?

I have a 1970's onkyo TX-4500 which is great but old I have an opportunity to get a TX-SV515Pro and since I listen to mostly albums I am wondering if this is a decent receiver - it would be hooked up to Dynaco A-25s and a Pioneer PL-41 - Any help would be appreciated
  6. A

Technics SL BD22 Vs SL1310 Looking for input

Thanks for the input - I will try to switch turntables - BD22 for the SL1310
  7. A

So from your perspective what is the SL1310 worth Vs. the SLBD22? I agree that the SL BD22 appears pretty low end - however I like that you can use your own good quality RCA cables Vs. on the SL1310 they are part of the system. What don't you like about your SL BD22? Thanks
  8. A

Why have so many speakers on CL "...just been refoamed..."?

Refoaming So, since there seems to be a lot of folks who have refoamed - does anyone have detailed instructions with pictures on the procedure? I need to refoam my Snells. Thanks
  9. A

Hello all I have an SL BD22 with a fairly new Audiotechnica cartridge and I have an opportunity to get a LS1310 with a Shure M91ED - Is this an upgrade table or I am I just trading low end for low end. Would love some feedback - Looks like they both sell on E-Bay for about $100.00 Thanks...
  10. A

Pioneer PL-41 and Signet MR ME info requested

I guess I did not explain myself well - platter spins fine without noise, but in reading the manual it says to lubricate at oil port under platter and on spindle - I could not get the platter to come off and I was afraid of damaging the table, so I was looking for advice on platter removal and...
  11. A

Pioneer PL-41 and Signet MR ME info requested

Hello All Just picked up a PL-41 with a Signet MR ME cartridge. I can't find any information on this cartridge so I can't find the recommended gram weight. Additionally, I am looking for information regarding lubricating the PL-41 - seems the platter is stuck and I don't want to break the...
  12. A

Carver MXR150 Receiver - Looking for input

CARVER MXR150 Relays Well, I replaced the relays on the Carver about 3 weeks ago and then picked up a pair of Dynaco A25's (one needed a woofer). Got a good replacement woofer on ebay and everything is presently working (finger crossed of course). The sound through the Carver and A25's is...
  13. A

Anyone have perspective on Technics SL-B3 or SL-23 Turntables

SL-23 Vs SL-B3 Thanks all for weighing in. Very thoughtful and interesting responses. I will see which is still available on craigslist.
  14. A

Thanks for the input on the SL-23's, they seem to be a reasonable utility turntable. The problem with the SL-BD22 is the cartridge weight balance and anti-skating is preset at the factory and cannot be adjusted. Tends to limit options. Thanks again
  15. A

I am looking for a second TT to hook to my Carver MXR-150 and dynaco A25s I have an opportunity to pick up a Technics SL-B3 or a Technics SL-23. Anyone out there with a perspective of reasonable quality of these. I have a low end Technics SL-BD22 - it is OK but I would like something better
  16. A

Replacing Woofer on Dynaco A25 speakers

Woofer Replacement on Dynaco A25s -problem verification After reading all morning on this subject - I do not know how to check if the woofer is bad - yes it sounded like crap but there must be a way to verify that it is actually the woofer and not some other issue like wires of caps. I removed...
  17. A

Are these Dynaco A-25's?

$50 pair of A25's in Maine Today with 1 bad woofer Reading post above mine - the question is "Is there any way to test that it is a bad woofer and not some other issue - like the loose wire - NOT sure what this problem is?" Andy
  18. A

Are these Dynaco A-25's?

$50 pair of A25's in Maine Today with 1 bad woofer Hello All I Too bought a pair of A25's today for $50 but I have one with a bad woofer I pulled the woofer and it is a SEAS 25-TV-EW with the date code of 70_16 guessing this is week 16 of 1970. Any idea where to get a replacement other than...
  19. A

Woofer Replacement on Dynaco A25s The ad is asking $75 for pair. One speaker sounds standard - other clearly has blown woofer (at least). I have been trying to find information on these speakers beyond the standard users manual, so that I can figure out which woofer used and schematics. Any...
  20. A

Hello all, I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Dynaco A25's that the present owner has said he overpowered and blew the woofer on one. Before I make an offer I would like to know how difficult it is to replace a woofer on these speakers. Are the woofers easily accessed from the front...
  21. A

CARVER MXR150 Relays Well, I have been doing a little more digging, are these relays the speaker selection switch relays on the PCB - presently clear acrylic box with switching relays when I switch between A / B / Both ? If this is the relay that I am replacing it would make some sense since...
  22. A

CARVER MXR150 Relays OK, pardon my stupidity but where are the relays on this receiver? Also I have not visited epirate, what kind of site is this- Thanks for your help
  23. A

Carver MXR150 I found a guy on ebay - that seems to sell among other things for carver, the output relays that he believes if the headphone jack works is the cause of this 1 side issue. He also sells an aftermarket add on board to address the hot resistors from the FM asymmetrical detector...
  24. A

Carver MXR150 I found a guy on ebay - that seems to sell among other things for carver, the output relays that he believes if the headphone jack works is the cause of this 1 side issue. He also sells an aftermarket add on board to address the hot resistors from the FM asymmetrical detector...
  25. A

Hello I just picked up at our transfer station a Carver MXR150 - the dump guys know that I like equipment so they save me things from time to time. It appears to have two of the typical problems (that I have found on the web) 1- one channel does not play from the speakers but does play from...
Back
Top Bottom