Search results

1. Dc83

Wattage meters off on mc 462

This amp has had this issue since I bought it 3 years back. It had a bad output failure a year ago and while it got repaired for that I expressed that the wattage meters weren't right either. Here is a pic in mono. Do u think it could be my pre-amp, the amp, or just the meters need calibrated? I...
  2. Dc83

New second listening space

Finally got around to use some equipment that's been hanging around to use in a system. I had to buy a dac to run from the TV to the pre. I don't know why I didn't do this ages ago. Some pics of both my systems.
  3. Dc83

Pulled trigger on mc462 today

I pulled the trigger on the mc462 today from audio classics. My 352 went down a couple weeks ago and I felt it was time to see what all the positive fuss is about with this amp. I’ve read through a million posts on here about the differences and I hope to be blown away. I don’t post a lot on...
  4. Dc83

Day ruined.... mc 352 power guard lights

It's my off day and I went to fire up the system and no sound, the power guard lights turn immediately on. I know it could be a wide range of issues but any ideas? This sucks. I was wanting a 452 but damn....
  5. Dc83

New preamp and turntable

It's been awhile since I posted. I picked up a few components over the last few months
  6. Dc83

Mcintosh mc 462

I just read that mcintosh is set to release the mc 462. 450 watts per channel but with 50 percent more filter space for an increase from 1.8 to 3.0 in dynamic headroom. Forgive me if this was already posted
  7. Dc83

C 47...possibly on the fritz

Not sure what to think about this issue. Last night after excessive drinking and jamming out for about 10 hours at around 300 watts my preamp went crazy. It went full power when trying to adjust the volume and sounded all scratchy regardless of input. I immediately turned it down and the unit...
  8. Dc83

C46 or c47

I had to send my c46 to get a new faceplate, it's a long story. I've researched the c47 and know it has a dac, a few less controls and is current. My question is, is it worth upgrading to get it? Or should I say does it sound better or improved over a c46. I googled them but couldn't find no...
  9. Dc83

Finally matched my mc 352 with a c46

I am loving this combo of a c46 and a mc352. The synergy is more than I excpected. I was using an ayre k5xe preamp for years, which I give high praises and is no slouch but this c46 with the 352 has a flow that is incredible. It's warmer and 35 watts sounds wonderfull. I used to have to crank it...
  10. Dc83

Added a paradigm sub

Ive posted pics awhile ago of my system. This is my used paradigm pw2200 I added yesterday. I didnt want to go with a sub but my basement for some reason sucks the bass out of the place. Its set on a lower htz and at 3/4 power so it doesn't overwhelm the martin logans. I may turn it down a...
  11. Dc83

just bought some martin logan odysseys

The latest upgrade to my system. Im quite pleased. Theses are the first electrostats I've Bought and must say they're very open and spacious and detailed. the wife reluctantly let me get them. Now I have to decide which of my older speakers do I sell.
  12. Dc83

8 ohm tap

I decided to disconnect my 802 matrix and plug in my jbl 4411s for fun. I used the 8 ohm taps on my mc352 and noticed the right side doesn't work. They both work on the 4 ohm taps. is this serious? What could it be and is it safe to run on the 4 ohm taps for now. thanks in advance
  13. Dc83

I gave away some jbl 4312s

I gave my dad a set of mint jbl 4312s today. I threw in a adcom gfa 555 and a emotiva usp 1 to make it complete. I guess I owe it to him for the audiophile bug. He had in the day a marantz with klipsch speakers, which set me on my way. He came over for dinner and I gave him a Christmas present...
  14. Dc83

my new arye pre for the mcintosh

Just picked up a Arye k5xe to go with my mc352 and am very happy with the results. No more upgrades for a while. Its time to enjoy the music. Abbey road time.
  15. Dc83

mc 352 with a ayre preamp?

Hello, I think most will say get a mcintosh preamp but an ayre k5xe came up locally for a decent price. Im currently using an emotiva xsp 1 and feel a need to upgrade. My question is has anyone heard a mc 352 with the ayre k5xe? Or do you think it would mesh good? Thanks in advance.
  16. Dc83

my mc 352

Well I joined the mcintosh club today by trading in a bryston and some cash. beautiful piece of equipment and warmer and not as bright as the bryston. I'm done with amps for a good long while.
  17. Dc83

emotiva xsp

Well after debating about a year I finally bought the emotiva xsp 1. This is replacing the usp 1. I use a bryston 4b with B & W 802 matrix 3 speakers. I'm very happy with the unit and consider it great. I've had many pre amps and am really enjoying this one so far. Luckily for me my wife is out...
  18. Dc83

my new to me B & W 802 matrix s3

After getting the upgrade bug I came across the 802 matrix. They are very detailed and I'm pleased. The problem is I thought they were going to be a huge upgrade from my jbl 4411speakers. My opinion is the 4411's are in the same league. Anyhow I'm happy as it is and ill be keeping them bolth.
  19. Dc83

jbl 240ti ?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger for a set of jbl 240ti on craigslist. I don't know if I should cause i'm not sure if it is a step forward from the jbl 4411 or more of a side step. I have been researching and cant come to a conclusion. any thoughts would be appreciated.
  20. Dc83

Jbl 4411 xover

I got another question and always appreciate your answers. Im wondering with the age of my 4411s, would they benefit from a little rehab of the xovers. There is nothing wrong with the sound but im always needing to do something. Football is back that helps the upgrade bug. From what I read they...
  21. Dc83

Jbl 4430?

Ive got upgrade fever again. My main system has jbl 4411 and I was curious if the 4430 is a big leap foward. Ive been searching ebay, and am curious as to your thoughts. Those horns interest me.
  22. Dc83

Jbl midrange question

So my jbl 4411 midrange crapped out after a recone job, its in the shop again. I have some 104h-2s sitting around. Are these any better or a downgrade from the original I believe le5-9s
  23. Dc83

jbl 4411 4312 restored cabinets

Well I finally got my cabinets back from a furniture restoration store in Orland Park Illinois. I think they did a great job. Im still waiting for the midrange for the 4411 to get done. Hopefully my girlfriend leaves them on there stands this time.
  24. Dc83

Speaker cabinet restoration

My girlfriend got crazy and knocked my jbl 4312, and jbl 4411 off their stands. The dented dust cap and ripped midrange are getting repaired at deltronics in the Chicago area. Does anyone know a place to to fix cabinets in Chicagoland? It seems impossible, I've called numerous places. Please...
  25. Dc83

Hello from chicagoland

Hi im new here. Im a two channel type who loves old pioneer sx, sansui, adcoms, mararatz ect. Glad to be here. I currently run a adcom 555 with jbl 4312. Many other speakers amps and a tube pre just sitting as well. Ive been reading threads on here for a couple years and am excited to...
Back
Top Bottom