Search results

1. J

ADC PSX-40 Cartridge Balance issue

I have an ADC PSX-40 Cartridge I bought new around 8 years ago and there has always been an issue with the cartridge where the Left side is about 3 db or so louder than the right. I'm sure it's the cartridge because I have several turntables, cartridges, and styli and this is the only one that...
  2. J

Technics SL-5 Repair wow and flutter

I have deoxit, what do you suggest cleaning with and what kind of oil for lubing? I should be able to do this
  3. J

The bad caps are beyond my capacity to fix. It's not the tonearm, I fixed that when I first got it to get it tracking correctly and the wow and flutter happens right away. I'll look into lubricating the spindle bearing, not sure how to dod that. I have not cleaned the resistors for the speed...
  4. J

I've had my Technics SL-5 for several years now, it was never very good at playing warped records and is known for high wow and flutter, but lately it's gotten way worse. Even most records in great condition have a lot of wow and flutter warbling. I don't really understand since it's Direct...
  5. J

Technics SL 5 Turntable

Hoping someone can help me with my SL-5 as it's my fav turntable. I've had it for 5 years or so, when I first got it I fixed the tone arm issue, but now it has Horrible wow and flutter, like not normal even thought it's specs aren't great to begin with. It's direct drive, so I don't really know...
  6. J

SL-QD35 or SL-5

I have an SL-5 and really love it, but it just won't track well with records with any warps. Makes the wow and flutter that much worse, other than that I love it!
  7. J

Pickering DTL-2S Replacement

It's been a few years since I've checked, but there are some different styli available for replacement for my bent Pickering DTL-2S. I believe it's similar to my Stanton L737-S, but would like something a different flavor to compliment that, maybe something brighter and fuller. Does anyone have...
  8. J

Pickering XL-33U Stylus Replacement DTL-2S

I have one of these and want to replace the DTL-2S stylus it came with, one of the crooked cantilevers I damaged more trying to fix. What would be a good similar level replacement stylus? I'm wasting the cartridge not using it, it was great!
  9. J

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR, the real deal or hype?

I bought a pair of the original BS21's on Craigslist cheap a cpl years ago, I love them so much. I figured I'd buy a pair of the BS22's on craigslist too since they're so cheap what's not to love? more low end, better frequency response, seemed like a no brainer. I hooked them both up to my...
  10. J

Good New Fast Music Sub

I'm looking for a good replacement Sub for 2.1 music for my living room system. Has anyone had experience with HSU VTF-1 MK3? This sounds like the perfect match for me. I'm looking to just add some additional sub, not pass satellites through. I'm usually setting about a 70hz cutoff on the sub. I...
  11. J

EMIT Tweeter Rotation/Repair

I got a great pair of Infinity Qe speakers, I use them horizontally so thought it would be fun like the manual recommends to turn the EMIT Tweeter 90 degrees. I ended up unscrewing the tweeter on accident. I'm not a tech and don't do speaker repair, but despite the unexpected massive magnetic...
  12. J

Bottom Octave

It's critical for any modern music, essential for 808 Kick drums and sub bass lines. In the recent amazing documentary the defiant ones, about Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre, Jimmy made the comment "I never needed a subwoofer until I started working with you". If you only listen to jazz, prob not as...
  13. J

Infinity Newbie recomendations/ QE

how rare are the 5b's? I was looking on ebay and reverb and there seem to be barely any bought and sold, i was trying to access price for negotiating. They seem rarer than I thought.
  14. J

I ended up pulling the trigger on the RS-5B's on CL, they were restored and in amazing condition, i can't imagine finding a nicer pair. All I can say is wow. These are totally different than I expected, not better or worse per say, I just expected them to be a bit more like the QE's since they...
  15. J

EV Sentry 100a question

those do all say they're different densities? gdmoore28 is right if I was more proactive i'm sure the info is available, I may take them somewhere locally as there are a couple other minor issues too and seek their advice, I'm in los angeles and these seems like really sweet monitor speakers so...
  16. J

I'm tempted on some RS5b's...
  17. J

EV Sentry 100a question

Picked some of these ups tonight, so did anyone figure out where to get the Tweeter foam for the EV Sentry 100a? mine are coming off but the woofers are in great shape!
  18. J

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be looking into all of these and report back!
  19. J

I got my first pair of Infinity Speakers, the QE. I love the clarity of the EMT tweeters but they really lack low end in the woofers, my sub can help fill in the real low end a bit but it's still severely lacking in lower mids. I'd love some recommendations on some other infinitys that have the...
  20. J

JVC does not get much respect

it sounds great and looks really cool, I dig the blue. You are right about the fast loading, that's really great for a DVD as CD. I went to a thrift store and tested a bunch and bought a few different ones after doing some research, figuring some may skip or break quickly since they're all older...
  21. J

JVC does not get much respect

I just got one for a CD player, how's it holding up?
  22. J

Harman/Kardon PM665 vs Art DJ Pre II shoot out

I finally tested the Art DJ Pre II I bought for fun and ease against the Pre outs of my Harman Kardon PM665. Quick sum up, the Art is a great, clean sounding and simple solution for what it is, no complaints I understand its popularity. My vintage Harman Kardon is way noisier for sure, but...
  23. J

Cartridge_Stylus Test with Audio Files Link, Stanton, AT, Sure ADC and more.

The fact is, everything was run through the same chain and no additional Turntable adjustments were made with the only real variable being the cartridge and styli. That being said, I do love my Harman/kardon's PM665 and do think it does color the sound. Although everyone's systems are...
  24. J

just to be clear, there wasn't even cartridge alignment involved so that's another variable that can be removed. this was a p mount linear tracking turntable. If I were to do a real test, I would have used tones to calibrate the left/right balance properly. But the ADC styli are certainly more...
  25. J

Yeah to be honest like I stated I really didn't intend to get this deep, I was originally recording a small section and trying a few carts for sound and balance (oddly both the ADC are the most left heavy on all my systems compared to the others on various vinyl, I thought there might be an...
Back
Top Bottom