Search results

1. rebelliondog

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

January 2, 2013
  2. A30DDFD9-4CD7-431B-982D-B8088BEDAC6D

A30DDFD9-4CD7-431B-982D-B8088BEDAC6D

3. Night Owl Headphones

Night Owl Headphones

4. rebelliondog

Replacement Driver Advice

Thank you for the information.....the 12 was almost obvious.....the rest I was clueless about. But no info like rms rating or frequency response. I was hoping. I was looking at Eminence as replacements.
  5. rebelliondog

If i take out one woofer per side....then I could chop the boxes down and they would fit in my house.....
  6. rebelliondog

I am waiting for a reply (or I will call them on Monday) from Parts Express...... Also, I will be disassembling these speakers further on Monday........the crossovers should tell me what the requirements of the woofers are (to a degree), as in crossover point. With 6 of them in each...
  7. rebelliondog

I see now that I did not mention.....one of the 12' drivers is missing. That is the dilemma, not repairs of the other 11 drivers....I can handle that myself. But, then there will be a big hole in one of the speakers until I find a replacement. Just to keep them even, I thought it made sense...
  8. rebelliondog

I am already on it....knowing specifications of the drivers I have would make finding a match easy, that's what I don't know.......those numbers on the speaker magnet say something, but I am not sure what. I will likely just try some of the 12" I have around the house and see how they sound...
  9. rebelliondog

There are pictures in another thread I posted about ERATH speaker identification. They are some ERATH speakers from some time ago (obviously) that I am unable to come up with a model number.....perhaps a custom build?? They are badged 'ERATH'. They are 8' tall x 2' x 2'.....about 300# each...
  10. rebelliondog

I am looking for replacement options for a CTS 12" woofer..... I am hoping for something similar in appearance as well as performance (power handling, sensitivity, etc) as to maintain the original sound and design of the speakers. What I can tell is that the 12" driver is CTS, made in the...
  11. rebelliondog

ERATH Speaker Identification??

Possible that these are a one off design for a customer in the early 80’s.?? Seems plausible after reading about some Erath speakers that were ordered by a Houston area doctor from the Erath shop..... 4 were made , only for that customer. I like to know what the story is (when possible) of all...
  12. rebelliondog

12" drivers / woofers are CTS (137) from the third week of '79 (7903)........is this correct??
  13. rebelliondog

There is another thread on here that shows some supersized Erath speakers .....no one ever responded with a positive identification. I have them now. The only pictures I found were on AK.......after I got them home I realized that I was just at that house in the pictures....same house where...
  14. rebelliondog

Building ESS AMT 1 grill frames? Anyone done it?

At $69.95 a pair (in 70’s money).....I could make that a full time job, for a while. I used some other mojotone speaker cover for another project....very different than the stuff I just used. I used the Black and Tan (no gold sparkles). I think they will send out some small samples for next...
  15. rebelliondog

Fully finished....I thought the new grille color needed a darker wood underneath. So, I stained the veneer a shade darker. Also....there is a stand underneath to raise them up a little. Absolutely no complaints.....these are some nice speakers....
  16. rebelliondog

Ashly FET-500 ....one channel humming

Of things I will be doing (love having these old broke down things to help build experience).....reflowing solder joints. A close look is showing some of them to be bad. I’ll order the potentiometers and fuse holder soon. That should be no problem replacing them. Then , hopefully it will be...
  17. rebelliondog

Where did you find them? And Ashly is of no help either.
  18. rebelliondog

Would / could a broken potentiometer (signal gain knob) cause the noise? It is definitely shot and I will change them both out as soon as I am able....hopefully I can find a direct replacement part...seems possible. Ashly customer support has not answered my email to them....just thought a...
  19. rebelliondog

Thanks....will do that and post back the results. Work life is not allowing me as much focus on this as I would like.
  20. rebelliondog

Nothing obvious just yet....At least not to me. Not yet. I will get that board out and look at the soldered side.....thanks for the suggestion.
  21. rebelliondog

Button....and the hum when bridged.
  22. rebelliondog

Looking for affordable 300+wpc stereo amp.

I have three Crown PS-400’s.....I will never ‘need’ anything else. They power everything with ease.... Bridged Mono: 660 Watts into 8 ohms. Stereo: 330 Watts/channel into 4 ohms; 190 Watts/Channel into 8 ohms.
  23. rebelliondog

I have had two Ashly FET-500s for a couple years. I decided to give them a try yesterday....was going to pair them up with some JBL pro speakers that I have. Everything went pretty well.....one of them seems to work 100%. Sounds great. Channel 1, channel 2....bridged mode is good. The other...
  24. rebelliondog

The ‘new’ woofers.....probably still breaking in. I don’t have a comparison, they came to me this way....a project. 10” woofers were new in box. They are perhaps a bit much (at times). I have not tried adjusting the stuffing. All in all, I really do like the sound of these. I often have...
  25. rebelliondog

Side by side ....old and new.
Back
Top Bottom