Search results

1. G

Dead channel and crackle sound

Hello, haven't posted in a long time bu just looking for some advice. I'm tinkering with an old 90s pioneer amp as a little project to learn some more. Only the left A channel is working and it crackles when playing. The right A channel doesn't work. The A+B doesn't work. The headphones play...
  2. G

Savatage

One of my favorite bands from that era. I ran across a Dungeons are Calling LP about 6 months ago. It was in excellent condition and was mine. :music:
  3. G

Pop on turntable turning off closet light

Easy enough. thanks :thmbsp:
  4. G

Pop on turntable turning off closet light

Just had a weird thing happen. I was putting some things away in the closet where my system is located. Just happened to be playing some records and was right in between songs when I shut off my closet light. Well i hear this faint pop in my speakers. Flipped the switch a few times and it...
  5. G

New caps for speakers

That's what I thought but just had to verify. Appreciate it.
  6. G

New caps for speakers

I found the sticky on this topic but wanted to clear up two things before I get through that long thread. I've noticed that when i look through the better quality caps to match what's in my speakers all the voltages are higher and they are not radial design. Isn't is ok to replace say a...
  7. G

Muddy sound

I always seem to get mixed results with pre-recorded tapes. Just this past weekend I played back a tape that was recorded on the same deck I was using and it sounded great. Later I put some random tapes in that I had bought over the years and some sounded good and some not so good.
  8. G

Dolby calibration

Ahh, well that's good to know. I'm in no hurry to mess with it for sure. Just thought it would be an interesting project. Thanks
  9. G

Dolby calibration

Hi, since I have some time to "play", I was trying to verify Dolby on a deck I have. The SM states the voltages (DC voltage at no input signal): OFF - .18V B - 5.88v C - 9.28v If I'm understanding it right those should be voltages I get by testing. If they read that voltage then the deck...
  10. G

Quick quest on leveling a turntable

No specific problems but i had been reading about it and figured I would give it a shot and see if I could perhaps get it leveled out. I didn't know if something like small coasters or similar would be ok to use. I definitely understand about not using something that will slide around...
  11. G

Quick quest on leveling a turntable

So my turntable is not level. Is there something specifically recommended to put under each foot to help shim them up in hopes of getting it as level as possible? It's a pioneer pl-516. I am assuming that you don't want to put just anything under the feet. At least what's left of them...
  12. G

Pioneer VSX-7500S???

Wish I did but it sure sounds close to my VSX-9300. It's really not bad for what it is. Seems to be built well and it does have enough power to make itself heard/felt. I think the power is either the same or close to the 120 WPC. I'm also not a fan of all the tiny buttons, but like you I...
  13. G

Headshell question

Thanks everyone for all the replies! Some very good tips and advice as always. :thmbsp:
  14. G

Headshell question

Hello. My Pioneer pl-516 has the original headshell on it. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to replacing it with another new one? I'm having no problems with anything. Just more curious about it I guess. thanks
  15. G

Speakers buzzing

Oh yeah, I have definitely checked the bass controls, etc... so it appears it may have the issue described earlier. thx
  16. G

Speakers buzzing

Ok, you've given me something to think about here. Not sure how old actually but somewhere in the 90's. It's actually a separate Amp and Tuner/receiver with pro-logic surround. So it's not a great piece of equipment and not worth putting any serious money into for a fix. However, it was...
  17. G

Speakers buzzing

I had given my son an old Pioneer HT setup a few years ago. Nothing real fancy but it works great for his video game setup. Anyway, just recently the speakers started making a buzzing or static type sound. I've taken his speakers and put them on my system and they sound fine. So any...
  18. G

Need some help with a Pioneer PD-TM3

Well I replaced my carriage motor with one from a spare player that was working perfectly (6 disc changer). So far so good. It looks like I could have actually swapped the whole assembly (laser, motors, etc...) from my spare unit because it appears to be exactly the same. Also, I'm using...
  19. G

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

Man, I can't find the doc on the speakers. I thought I had it because I keep everything. I bet since the badge on the front of the speaker says Max music power 100W that the RMS is below that. If I can find it then I'll post more information.
  20. G

Need some help with a Pioneer PD-TM3

Just wondering if you got your problem resolved because I have the PD-DM802 that is doing something very similar to your player. Things play great until track 3 and up. The songs are playing fine then all of a sudden it stops. Then it goes backwards 10 - 15 seconds on the song and starts...
  21. G

Cassette Change issue

I just want to thank Fred for putting me in the right direction. Looks like you were absolutely correct about the cam being misindexed. This mechanism had two gears plus the control cam. I noticed each gear had a small hole in them. The big gear actually had two holes directly across from...
  22. G

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

I have these speakers and I think I got them around 87. Not a top of the line but they have served me well. :music::music:
  23. G

Cassette Change issue

Thanks for the tips. I've linked to some pics of the mechanism. I guess I understand what you mean by a control cam but maybe the pics will make things clearer. I'm no pro at this stuff! http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k157/geauxldmember/IMG_2473.jpg...
  24. G

Cassette Change issue

Not sure if anyone has one or seen one of these guys but I have a CT-WM77R 6 cassette changer that will not grab the cassettes any longer to play. It has a mechanism that moves across the 6 slots and loads the cassettes. The DC motor for this mechanism is actually spinning the wrong...
  25. G

Cassette Changer

Has anyone ever messed with one of the Pioneer cassette changers or something similar? I have one and replaced the pinch rollers. I did have to disassemble a few things to get it done but not very much. It "looks" like I have everything back in place but now for some reason it will not...
Back
Top Bottom