Search results

1. 70's Silver

Long Road Trip for Some AR-1U’s

eiraved, you said you saw the ad also. When you saw the asking price did you think it was some sort of scam? I’m still slapping myself in the face to make sure I’m not dreaming all this. These speakers are in such original condition it’s amazing. I didn’t mention it in the original post but I...
  2. 70's Silver

Well I’ve gotten around to getting them hooked up and like I said I’ve had 3’s and 3A’s and to my ears these actually sound just as good. The bass is solid and tight. The high frequency is very detailed and clean. Not fatiguing at all. This is my first experience with the 755a and I am quite...
  3. 70's Silver

Knight Mystery Speakers From An Estate. Any Thoughts? Model KN 800 HC Pics!

Very nice!!! I have some Allied Knight KN-800 that were made by Jensen and badged Allied Knight. The drivers look somewhat like yours. I have found them in catalogs dating back to 1958. Back then you could have your pick of many cabinets. Your cabinets are very attractive. Mine are walnut veneer...
  4. 70's Silver

This Fridays Santa Barbara Craigslist had a pair of AR-1U’s for sale. The selling price was so ridiculously low that I’m not even going to mention it. I figured it was some kind of scam but it had a number to call so I called. The seller was clearing out some items for his deceased brother in...
  5. 70's Silver

New Owner of 400-c (2)

I dropped off both 400-c’s with my tech on 4/1 and got them back on 5/30. He said he did most of the dcgillespie mods. We listened to them for about 45-60 minutes with his McIntosh MC240 and I was more than pleased. The sound was incredible. I’m trying to work out a trade for a Mcintosh MC240...
  6. 70's Silver

Jim Lansing D130 How Old Is It

Thank you everyone for the feedback much appreciated. Looks like I’m about a year or two older than this really cool piece of JBL history.
  7. 70's Silver

Jim Lansing D130 How Old Is It

I was out hitting up the local garage sales today and stumbled across this D130. No decal on the back magnet cover. Jim Lansing on one of the spokes and a sticker on the opposite spoke with model number and serial number and 16 ohm. Couple tears in the cone (bummer) but other than that in really...
  8. 70's Silver

Fisher 400-c bulb source

Thank you very much.
  9. 70's Silver

Fisher 400-c bulb source

Does anyone know of a source for the bulbs on a Fisher 400-C that are behind the jewels. I believe they are 6.3 volt, .1 amp, small screw base. Thanks in advance. Craig
  10. 70's Silver

New Owner of 400-c (2)

Picture of number on aluminum chassis of aluminum faceplate.
  11. 70's Silver

New Owner of 400-c (2)

Picture of number on chassis of brass faceplate.
  12. 70's Silver

New Owner of 400-c (2)

Thank you notdigital, will 400-ca be printed on the unit anywhere? Both of these are marked as 400-c only.
  13. 70's Silver

New Owner of 400-c (2)

Got these Monday morning. It was about a 2 hour round trip drive. Owner claimed they had been in garage for over 30 years and they sure looked it. One is brass colored faceplate and the other appears to be aluminum. Both have model 400-c on faceplate and housing behind front. The brass faceplate...
  14. 70's Silver

JBL Help Needed

Did a little horse trading this weekend and ended up with a pair of professionally built cabinets loaded with JBL components. LE15A (8 ohm) LE85 (16 ohm) 1217-1290 horns (potato mashers) LX7 crossovers Cabinets look very well made but not really my style (wife probably wouldn't let them in the...
  15. 70's Silver

MCINTOSH Newbe

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my post. I could not be happier with the purchase. Been spending a lot of time in the garage getting to know my new best friend. It’s hooked up to a pair 1958 Allied Knight model KN 800 3-way tri-axial made by Jensen and sounds wonderful. The FM...
  16. 70's Silver

MCINTOSH Newbe

After hearing and reading so much praise for the somewhat affordable Mac 4100 I have been on the lookout. Well one popped up on local Craigslist so I had to go have a look yesterday. Seller was asking 800.00 and left channel was out. Dead silent, no static or hum playing with switches and...
  17. 70's Silver

Just an old fool for big old speakers.

Thank you that's good news. They even sound better now!!!
  18. 70's Silver

I was hoping that they are rebranded Jensens. Maybe someone with the knowledge can decipher the numbers stamped on the baskets in the second set of pics I posted. I've been listening to these now since getting them into the garage and I'm very impressed. Big, effortless and very clean sounding.
  19. 70's Silver

Yes it sure does! And thanks
  20. 70's Silver

Vintage Cerwin-Vega - Any Good Ones?

Back in the early 70's just out of the army I purchased a pair of CV 211r's and they were incredible sounding speakers. One of my worst wish I never got rid of audio gear.
  21. 70's Silver

Haha, wife came out in the garage and took one look and shook her head and went back inside.
  22. 70's Silver

Well my New Years resolution was limited time on Craigslist, OfferUp And anything that would have me on the hunt for this sickness. I think I did pretty well 22 days. Took a short 1/2 hour road trip this morning to have a look at some 1950's looking cabinets. Cabinets look very well constructed...
  23. 70's Silver

Sansui Enthusiasts. Where are you located?

Recently moved to Menifee, ca. Prior to that 2nd generation San Diegan 68 years.
Back
Top Bottom