Search results

1. Locobreth

Rating tube amps of yore.

I'm curious and not very tube system enlightened. Please list your top three "affordable" tube receivers available now. Say under $600? Thanks in advance.
  2. Locobreth

Speakers?

I'm new to tube. I bought a old Heathkit. I overlooked the 9 watt output. I have no speakers that don't need more. Can anyone suggest good sounding speakers that won't break my bank. Wouldn't take much. Thanks all. ✌️
  3. Locobreth

In the ballpark?

I'm new to tube equipment. So new I bought my first tube amp and tuner. They've already been paid for and should be arriving any day now. The seller jumped on my first offer. Which makes me wonder how much I may have been off. A heathkit aa-32 and a aj-63. They were asking $600. I offered $475...
  4. Locobreth

Speaker connections

Does anyone know where I can get four of these? Avatar pic shows 3 and 1 broken. They've become brittle. Just touched the broken one and it snapped. It's a fisher but I'll have ta sign it out to get model. Thanx in advance.
  5. Locobreth

Aa32

My first tube amp and tuner. Any opinions or recommendations? Innards have been spruced and all. Only concern is the low wattage. Thanx in advance.
  6. Locobreth

Sa-1000?!

Did I sleep 20 years? I was looming around the innerweb and noticed a sa-1000. I know its rare. I know its a monster. I know I want it. I know I dont have $14,995. whats the real value? Its getting tough out there.
  7. Locobreth

Realistic sta-2100d

I saw an original ad for this piece that stated it was made in radio shacks own factory?! Is this so or just advertising? Of true where was this factory? If not so then who made it for them. Any opinions on its quality? Thank you all in advance. Just thinking about another addition to the hoard.
  8. Locobreth

Rs-2010-5

Is anyone familiar? I've had one mixed in with a few recievers in storage I haven't looked at in years. I don't remember ever putting it on the bench èven. If anyone has any ends for the sliders or some that would just fit let me know. I'm sure we could work something out. I've seen a couple...
  9. Locobreth

Realistic Sta-2270

I only have one realistic reciever. Only tried it cause it's Japanese made and was a freebie. It blew my mind. I never gave realistic a thought. Which is weird as I have a few house brands I've bought not cause they were good but just maybe might be the only one left and a little strange...
  10. Locobreth

Nikko nr-519

Considering buying one to precondition. I've heard only good things but one thing about it is a violation of the "where it's made matters" rule I have. I believe it was built in Taiwan. Any input? What should I expect to find inside?
  11. Locobreth

Seems so simple

I recently purchased a beautiful rs-2007. Not thinking I hurried to set it up. As I pushed the tab to insert the wire it snapped. I have run into this before so I should have known. I do not have a replacement and cant find one .I thought about "borrowing" one from another receiver but the two...
  12. Locobreth

Realistic Sta-2280

Who actually made this receiver and any specs amd or opinions would be appreciated.
  13. Locobreth

Olson ra-803

Anyone have any info for this tuner? I'm looking at one but there is such limited data (absolutely none) for this model. I can see a cpl of other Olson tuners that people say are their fave but that's it. Is the ra-803 just a tuner and how is it really?
  14. Locobreth

Hard to find used tt's

I have a couple decent turntables but I've stopped purchasing them online. There condition is almost always misrepresented. Goodwill and eBay are the worst. They rarely even work at all. It's got old.
  15. Locobreth

Philips amp

I have a Philips amp 22ah 384/44. It's made I. Japan and actually sounds pretty good. Anyone k.ow the actual manufacturer? Any info? I have not opened it up so I can't say how it's put together.
  16. Locobreth

strange request

I was looking around shopgoodwill.com and came across a strange thing. Its just described as Richard L Davis reciever. Manufacterer unknown. Now I know Richard Davis did a lot f work in wideband signal optimizing using coberant optics but I dont know if this is something he did or its just some...
  17. Locobreth

lexicon rv-8

Theres a rv8 on shopgoodwill.com. its at $453. Powers on but no further testing done. Ive seen non working ones go for $600. If I remember they were like 7k new. I cant do it right now as i have too many recievers that need attention as it is. 1 day. 8 hrs left...bidding stops 4/4/15. Good...
  18. Locobreth

polk

I have always been a fan of polk...i have polks for mains and sub that are 20 yrs old and still sound great. My question is about these soundbars there pushing now. They include a subwoofer. Has anyone heard these? Im not a big fan of soundbars in general but I have a t.v. I could use one on. I...
  19. Locobreth

t-100's

Anyone know anything about these? Dual 8 inch woofers ...cabinets real wood venneer look great.....but how do they sound? What r they worth in good shape? Who made them for shack?
  20. Locobreth

sp2500?

Anyone know anything about sp2500's. Have experience with um?
  21. Locobreth

allied

I picked up an allied 333. Radio works and sounds fine but aux is not clear. It sounds like if you were listening to a radio and the station isnt tuned in all the way. This is the first I have run into this. I hooked up a cd player to aux. Any ideas?
  22. Locobreth

allied 333 issues

I recently purchased an allied 333. It has a cpl issues... number one is that the right speaker volume does not turn down all the way. To match the left you must set the left higher then the right to match them. The aux channel is not clear. Kinda like a if you had a station tuned just off...
  23. Locobreth

Sp-5500 @ sp-3500's

I have been looking for a pair of sp-5500 speakers forever and a day. I've come across a lot of sp-3500's. Now there certainly not 55's but are similar in design. Anyone have experience with the sound quality ?? Thanks.
  24. Locobreth

Catalina model 40 s.

Any info and or opinions? Looking at one.
  25. Locobreth

Allied 333

Anyone have or know where I can get a selector knob for a 333? Bidding on a 333 and hope to get it. Of course as with so many vintage pieces it needs a knob. Any opinions on the 333 is appreciated also. I'm new to tube and sticking my toe in the water.
Back
Top Bottom