Search results

1. rossm

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Pretty cool, did any one have Craig Power Play deck in their car ?
  2. rossm

Small but mighty
  3. rossm

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Like I needed another copy
  4. rossm

New garage speaker day RS-10

It’s just the garage and they seem to work pretty well so I think I will play them as is, it would be fun to compare them to an unmodified set.
  5. rossm

Good eye, shows you what I know, lol Now you got my curiosity up.
  6. rossm

Just picked up Infinity RS-10 at a garage sale today. Surround foam seems to be holding out for now. Cabinets have some black overspray, but for $5 they make a great garage/shop speaker. In fact my garage has never sounded better. The polycell tweets sound great and just enough bass for rock and...
  7. rossm

I know, 90 lbs not light weight at all.
  8. rossm

Estate sale today My first big Cerwin Vega find, D9 with the 15”. Cabinets in very good shape, both grills should clean up nice. Of course the foam surround’s will need to be replaced. Will be a fun project
  9. rossm

Another Walmart find.
  10. rossm

Pics of your listening space

It’s been a while since I posted my system. Here is the current rotation. 2 technics turntables SL-M3 for lp’s and SL-1650 to stack 45’s. Right rack is “Century Club” All receivers are 100+ watts. Marantz 2500 250 watts, Sansui 9900Z 160 watts , Realistic STA-2100D 120 watts , Pioneer SX-1250...
  11. rossm

Just picked up the half speed mastered Queen from Walmart. WOW sounds pretty nice
  12. rossm

Yea but it’s a whole process. The very top shelf has the records that have been through the ultra sonic cleaner and have new sleeves. Once i listen to the album i can then put it into my Discogs list and then put it on a different cabinet. The black ikea cabinet has almost 1000 records that need...
  13. rossm

Picked up a record storage cabinet cheap from a thrift shop and decided to finally pull my albums off of the boxes. Almost full already
  14. rossm

Bargain table at garage sale, everything was $15. Dust cover doesn’t fit, says Lafayette on it. Did I get a good deal ?
  15. rossm

according to @yesshows77 the early ones did, btw what do you think of that speaker ? https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ads-l400-and-the-ads-400.768578/
  16. rossm

Pre sale Estate Sale took the day off Yamaha Ca -1010 and matching tuner. Very nice cosmetics. The amp is wrapped in plastic film not a scratch anywhere. Appears to have tag indicating it had been in for service ADS L400 needs refoamed Sale had 100’s of records but most not in my...
  17. rossm

Realistic STA-2080 Power Switch

Hi I am restoring a Realistic STA-2080 and having problems with the power switch. The problem is the switch is not staying depressed. I disassembled and cleaned the switch but it doesn’t look like there is any mechanism to keep the switch depressed. It was working yesterday and now nothing. Any...
  18. rossm

My Attempt to save AR-4x Speakers

Dark Walnut https://www.amazon.com/Watco-65851-Danish-Finish-Walnut/dp/B000LO2224
  19. rossm

Fresh coat of Watco Success, it passed the WAF test with flying colors
  20. rossm

Done with the stripping. Used some Acetone to remove stripping residue and lightly sanded with 220 paper. cabinets are very good shape, this is the worst of it which will be easy repaired
  21. rossm

Those came out nicely
  22. rossm

My thoughts exactly, I think we’re looking at Watco dark walnut stain. Fortunately that’s exactly what the Wife likes
  23. rossm

Process is spread it on scrub it in, wait, scrape off and repeat. I’m about 1/2 through the quart with the tops and bottom still to go
  24. rossm

Nice surprise
  25. rossm

Yes that’s my current process , hope to spend more time on it today
Back
Top Bottom