Search results

1. rossm

New garage speaker day RS-10

Just picked up Infinity RS-10 at a garage sale today. Surround foam seems to be holding out for now. Cabinets have some black overspray, but for $5 they make a great garage/shop speaker. In fact my garage has never sounded better. The polycell tweets sound great and just enough bass for rock and...
  2. rossm

Realistic STA-2080 Power Switch

Hi I am restoring a Realistic STA-2080 and having problems with the power switch. The problem is the switch is not staying depressed. I disassembled and cleaned the switch but it doesn’t look like there is any mechanism to keep the switch depressed. It was working yesterday and now nothing. Any...
  3. rossm

My Attempt to save AR-4x Speakers

Found these at a swap meet for $40, I probably overpaid. My first AR speaker. Speakers play and sound OK, no odd sounds that shouldn’t be there. WAF is pretty low with the horrible black paint job. I will attempt to improve WAF Custom paint job Nice labels no black paint on them I don’t...
  4. rossm

My Century Rack

100 watts or higher Marantz 2500 250 watts per channel Realistic STA 2100D 120 watts per channel Pioneer SX 1250 150 watts per channel Sanyo plus 130 130 watts per channel
  5. rossm

Just finished restoring Technics SL-1650

Greetings, I finally found a SL-1650 with both 45 and 33 rpm stacking spindles. I have been looking for a nice table to play my 45 rpm’s. I am too lazy to be getting up every 3 minutes to flip the record. I Took a chance on an eBay seller and he packed it right, double boxed with the original...
  6. rossm

Vintage audio speaker save

Made a trip to the landfill today, recently did some remodeling so I had the car packed. After unloading I did the slow roll through the e waste section and spotted a couple of large cabinets, the coast was clear so I grabbed them. No markings or tags so I had no idea what I had grabbed until I...
  7. rossm

I finally sold some gear off

After many years of collecting treasures I am finally on a ten step program of reducing my inventory. For the first time since covid started the trw swap meet has finally opened back up. The trw swap meet is a long time ham radio swap meet in Redondo Beach in Southern California. Although it’s...
  8. rossm

Any one attend T.H.E. Show in Long Beach? Amazing speakers selection

Greetings, Spent the day Saturday at THE audio show listening to an amazing collection of audio gear ! Most of the gear is out of my price range, but a fellow can dream. Actually one of my favorite systems there was affordable. My first experience listening to open baffle speakers and I really...
  9. rossm

Another ESS speaker in the house

Really like my ESS Monitors so I jumped at the chance to Pick up a pair of working ESS transtatic speakers tonight. I was surprised how much larger and heavier they were compared to the ESS monitor. I haven’t had a chance to compare with the monitors but initial listening is very promising. Bass...
  10. rossm

Mystery Boxes from the Dump

Morning run to dump today trying to lighten my load but something always seems to follow me back. The electronics area had several sealed boxes that looked to be the clean out of a ham radio operator. time to take a peek nice! Tube sockets and terminal strips for that upcoming tube amp...
  11. rossm

Finally starting to get record cabinet organized

Finally starting to get my record cabinet organized. I am sure there are a lot of options, but this is what I did. Dividers from Amazon, I really like them very sturdy and about the thickness of an lp. I got 2 packs as 1 is not enough for complete alphabet. Also there is a YouTube video showing...
  12. rossm

Warning AK pop ups !

Has also been hacked ? I keep getting pop ups for Lucky dog ??
  13. rossm

Onkyo tx8500 worth $70,000 ?

No affiliation https://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-TX-8500MKII-/224337606704?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
  14. rossm

Sanyo Plus 130 listed on auction site

Hi Rare Sanyo Plus 130 showed up today on EBay. No Affiliation other than hoping an ak’er gets it ! https://www.ebay.com/itm/133653178853 One word of warning, It won’t likely fit in any stereo cabinet you might have, it’s wider than my sx-1250 ! I have high res scans of the service manual...
  15. rossm

My Solution for CD player

HI I am still spinning CD's with about 2100 in my collection so far, I can't help it they follow me home @ .50 to $1 each its an inexpensive way to check out new music. Some day I will setup a steaming server but for now I have been looking at updating my CD player. I stumbled upon the idea of...
  16. rossm

Another Buzzing thread

Having some noise issues with my Bedini amp. With nothing connected to the input it’s dead quite. But that changes once I connect a source. All measurements are with volume at 0. Adcom GTP 500 146 mv Sanyo Plus 130 94mv STA 2100D 64mv Adcom CD player GCD600 40 mv HK 824 36 mv No connection 15...
  17. rossm

Just finished Sanyo Plus 130 receiver restoration

Earlier this year I found a Sanyo Plus 130 receiver at my local ewaste drop off site. Amazing find considering they only made about 1500 of them, that puts its rarity in the same league as Marantz 2500. Very cool with the tuner displaying both digital and analog. LED power meters and unique...
  18. rossm

Marantz 2500 on the bench, wish me luck !

Picked this up a couple of years ago. I have been waiting patiently until I had about a dozen restorations under my belt. Now I am putting my big boy pants on and diving in. I knew when I purchased that it was not working, but it’s a rare day to find something like this at a garage sale. It has...
  19. rossm

How to pack a $500 turntable

What I learned on eBay 1. Bubble wrap goes on the outside of the box. 2. Use any flimsy cardboard box you can dig out of a dumpster, extra points for tight fit over dust cover. 3. Use plenty of styrofoam peanuts. 4. Most importantly, Even if the customer sends you 2 separate messages...
  20. rossm

New Akai 747 in the house

Hi, It’s been a great week for me ! A good friend gave me his Akai 747. He was the 2nd owner and has had it since 1979. It’s been sitting unused in a entertainment center for the last decade. He had tried to use recently and the tape speed was really fast and then something started smelling hot...
  21. rossm

Can anyone identify speakers

Hi Any one id this and value ?
  22. rossm

Clueless estate sale company ruins equipment

Hi Drove 2 hours today to visit estate sale that looked promising. Pick up Pioneer 8 track H-R100 , reverb SR 202w and signal processor RG1. Prices were ok, about 1/2 of eBay. I noticed right away that they had used a permanent marker to put the price on the FRONT on the units. I figured some...
  23. rossm

Don’t throw magazines away

Hi I recently came across 6 years of audiophile magazines. I tried to sell them on bartertown and didn’t get much interest. I didn’t want to bother with eBay but still didn’t want to trash them. I have been visiting https://worldradiohistory.com/American-Radio-History-FAQ.htm for the last...
  24. rossm

ESS Monitor

Was finally able to attend some yard sales last week and came across a very dirty pair of ESS Monitors. After doing a little research I thinking that They deserve to be restored Looks like there were a couple different versions of the Monitors , these have the disc style passive 12”...
  25. rossm

Yamaha k1000

Hi Just off the bench and I am really impressed with this Yamaha k-1000. Problem was no play or rewind or fast forward. Opened it up to find no belts required, this Yamaha is direct drive. Was able to clean the monster idler wheel and everything is working now. Checked azimuth and it’s spot...
Back
Top Bottom