Search results

1. gtx580

Lintons vs NLAs

I,m just curious if anyone has updated from the New Large Advents to the Wharfdale Lintons. If you have , what were your thoughts? I,ve had a nice set of the NLAs in my main set up for quite a few years and have always enjoyed them. However , as always , I,m getting the " upgrade " bug and have...
  2. gtx580

Pioneer phono pre amp thoughts..

I,m just curious as to what everyones opinions are concerning the Phono stages in their vintage recievers. My main system consists of an SX 850 , Dual 606cs turntable, RG9 dynamic expander and NLA Advents. I have no issues with the sound quality and no complaints but , as with most vintage audio...
  3. gtx580

question regarding replacing a lug style cap with a radial style on a main power board.

Is it considered acceptable to replace a lug style cap on a main power board with a radial cap? My Pioneer SA 6500 Mk2 has 2 6800uf caps ( 42v) with lug spacing at 22mm. I dont see any replacements available on Mouser or Digikey that come close to those lug measurements. I do have 2 6800 uf 50...
  4. gtx580

Help needed with cap markings

Hello...just looking for help verifying these cap markings. I've recapped an SA 6500 and the 2 main caps have these markings. Am I reading these right , B is positive...-is the negative and A and C are dummy lugs ? Ill be replacing with a standard Nichicon radial cap so A and C spots will be...
  5. gtx580

transistor question...

Does anyone know if there is a difference between a KSC 1845YTA transistor and a KSC 1845 FTA transistor ? I want to replace a few old 2SC 458 transistors in a Realistic receiver and according to the forums , the replacement for these is the KSC 1845 YTA. I have the FTAs on the shelf . Are they...
  6. gtx580

Sx 3700 question

I picked up a sx3700 that needed some major tlc. I did get it up and running replaced all the lamps that a po had just cut out instead of replacing. It was missing the small lamp holders and I have been able to locate 1 of the 2 needed but cannot figure out how they are installed. Anyone have a...
  7. gtx580

EPI M201s..... thoughts?

A local seller that I have been buying projects from the past few years has a couple pair of EPI M201s that have caught my eye. Right now my main setup is my restored Pioneer SX850 , Dual 606cs turntable and Teac 2300 RTR running through a pair of the NLA Advent speakers. I really do love the...
  8. gtx580

SX 850 ..... weak left channel

Hello, a couple of years ago , with a ton of help from folks on here , I was able to bring my SX 850 back to life. Looking at my notes , seems I had ended up replacing caps and a few transistors on the power board to get it out of protection mode and then recapped the tone amp board to clean up...
  9. gtx580

Sansui SC 5330 VU meter lamps

Hello, I need to replace the lamps for the VU meters on my SC 5330 tape deck and was wondering where I can purchase replacements. The lamps are inside the VU meters themselves and I believe they are rated at 8v and 65 Ma. They are soldered in and not the fuse type. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
  10. gtx580

Klipsch KSP-300s and a faint hum ...

So I picked up a pair of these Klipsch KSP-300s from the original owner. Both speakers had the dreaded 60hz hum coming from the subs. So far I,ve replaced all the caps ( electrolytic) on both power boards and both amp boards. The 60 hz hum is gone and both these speakers sound incredible...
  11. gtx580

When upgrading, where do you start?

Just wondering where folks usually start when they want to upgrade their systems 1 piece at a time. Currently my main vintage system is made up of the following.....Pioneer SX850......New Large Advent speakers.... Dual cs606 turntable and a Teac 2300 S RTR. I love the sound this combo puts out...
  12. gtx580

NAD 7240 pe issue......

I,ve had this 7240pe for many years and have enjoyed the power it puts out, but its run into an issue that may be terminal. A few months ago while listening to the turntable the sound cut out. I pulled the NAD out of the rack and hooked up the Pioneer while I looked at the NAD. After opening it...
  13. gtx580

Dual cs 606 question..

I need to replace the RCA cables on my Dual cs 606and have a question. I,ve loosened up the 3 transport bolts and the plate holding the cables in the back, but the main plate will not lift out. I watched a vid on youtube opening up a Dual 505 and the 606 seems similar. Am I missing a step on...
  14. gtx580

QRX5500...opinions?

After receiving a ton of help on AK getting my Sansui QRX5500 back up and running, I thought I would post a quick thought on this unit. I finally have it hooked up and have tried different speakers and turntables looking for a good match for the QRX. As of now, its running a Dual cs 606...
  15. gtx580

RF interference issue..

Hello, I have run into an unusual situation concerning RF interference and am looking for some advice. I have numerous receivers and amp that I have collected and restored over the past few years. I,ve never run into rf interference until today. I switched out my Pioneer sx850 and subbed in a...
  16. gtx580

replacement transistors

Hello, while I,m waiting for my new multimeter to show up ( the old one finally died) ,I thought I would stay ahead of my issue. I may have a bad output transistor and driver transistor on my Sansui, ( I have another thread going regarding this issue) and I,m looking for replacements for them...
  17. gtx580

How does a protection circuit actually work?

Last year I did a recap of a Pioneer SX850,and the an SX650 , both with help from these forums. Both units would turn on and then shortly after go into protection mode. As suggested by the folks on here,the first place I looked at were the power/ protection boards.I replaced caps and transistors...
  18. gtx580

Recapping my Sansui....which caps?

I recently recapped and replaced the transistors on my Pioneer sx850 and sx 650 using replacement lists found on here. Both units are working wonderfully. I,m getting ready to recap the power and driver board on my Sansui QRX 5500, and using the service manual can find part #s for the...
  19. gtx580

Pioneer RG-9 processor

I,ve had the RG-9 sitting on the shelf while restoring my SX 850. Now that the SX is up and running I would like to try setting up the processor but am a little confused on the proper hookup. Has anyone set one of these up on an 850? Just wondering what plugs into where. Thanks ! Chuck
  20. gtx580

A waaay overdue thank you

Just wanted to give a way overdue thank you to the many folks on here that helped me walk through the restoration of my sx850! It was definitely a learning experience and it was a slow process,but all boards were rebuilt per Marks parts list and the 850 is sounding fantastic. A while back I...
  21. gtx580

multiple receivers hooked to 1 set of speakers?

Hello, I wasnt sure exactly where to post this question so I thought I would start here. I recently restored a Pioneer SX-850 and am getting ready to start a restoration of a Sansui QRX-5500 quad unit. Heres the thing, I have,as my main receiver an NAD 7240pe running through a pair of Advent 1s...
  22. gtx580

Sansui QRX repair question...

Hello, Im just finishing up reviving a Pioneer SX850 and found a ton of info and help on the Pioneer forum. My next project will hopefully be reviving a Sansui QRX 5500 that I picked up a few years ago. My first questions and concerns are regarding parts lists, known issues,problem boards and...
  23. gtx580

sx 850 tone amp... has me confused

Ok, this may be a stupid problem and I may be missing something but I have to ask. Just rebuilt my flat amp and started the tone amp. I replaced both q1 and q2 on the tone amp....but here is where I,m stumped. Looking at the schematic on the SM, the tone amp schematic just has me scratching my...
  24. gtx580

finished with protection board,but now this...

Just finished replacing transistors and caps on the SX 850 protection board. I had previously changed out the transistors and some of the caps on the power board. I finally have a good relay click and sound from the unit. However I have noticed that even with the volume down,there is distortion...
  25. gtx580

protection board parts list

I think "Markthefixer" posted a full list of replacement parts for the sx-850 protection board a while back..does anyone know where that link may be? I,m just going to save myself from multiple posts and rebuild the whole board. Thanks ahead of time! Chuck
Back
Top Bottom