Search results

1. oldsmobuick

KLH-6 Spearkers - KLH 6 Recap How To

For future reference, schematic for KLH Six attached. It appears the "Normal" position does travel through the 2uF cap.
  2. oldsmobuick

Done and seems a bit better on the recoil. All buttoned up and sounding great, thanks and hope I added something useful to the thread for the next person. Wonderful speakers!
  3. oldsmobuick

Great, I’ll go with the plumbers putty. Looks like what’s there. I doped the dust caps also because the KLH service bulletin said to do so.
  4. oldsmobuick

OK, done! Here's the finished product. Chipping that epoxy was pretty nasty but do-able. I had the vacuum at the ready and it cleaned up ok, pic attached. Question on the woofer gasket: it appears to be a dried putty bead that probably should be replaced. I doped the woofers while i had the...
  5. oldsmobuick

Do I need them for “Normal” position listening? Or are they o let in-circuit when the switch is set to up or down attenuation?
  6. oldsmobuick

Question: are the two 2uF caps only used when the tweeter adjust switch is up or down? i.e. in the middle, "NORMAL" position, are either of these caps in play? If "No," I may just do the 8uF cap since I never trim the tweeter.
  7. oldsmobuick

Any advice on resealing? Can I just caulk around where the xo meets the cabinet?
  8. oldsmobuick

Yes, new caps are ready to go in. I’ll do some chipping tomorrow and report back!
  9. oldsmobuick

And the other XO is really buried. Going to have to chip this away. Any need to re-seal with anything after? I'm guessing this was to prevent air leakage.
  10. oldsmobuick

Eek, I have an earlier model I guess, when KLH was still epoxy-smitten. The inside of the XO is slathered in the stuff. I think I see where I need to clip out the old wires and re-solder some new leads, but I wanted to bring attention to this "in between" state, after the woofer and tweeter were...
  11. oldsmobuick

Bi-amp ADS L1290/2

Wow, that thread is serious. Thanks for linking! Maybe I’ll just feed them more power like you did and be happy.
  12. oldsmobuick

Bi-amp ADS L1290/2

Or I could use my spare XOs from a set of Klipsch Quartets. Those cross over the woofer at 650Hz.
  13. oldsmobuick

Bi-amp ADS L1290/2

Couple options maybe? Do I need to match any resistance values?
  14. oldsmobuick

Bi-amp ADS L1290/2

I see now the xo is at 500Hz on the 1290. Also that the high/mid still runs through the internal crossover so it can take full range input at the terminals. So really what I need to do is low-pass at 500Hz to the terminals of the woofers. Can any decent low-pass passive device be used here? I...
  15. oldsmobuick

Bi-amp ADS L1290/2

Can I run full-bandwidth to the woofers and just build a couple 350Hz dividers into a box to run the signal from the preamp to the high signal outputs? Like the attached pic? Or do i low-pass the signal from the pre before sending to the woofers, or so i buy an outboard adjustable crossover...
  16. oldsmobuick

B&O Beomaster 2400: Popping/Crackling in Right Channel

Ok so fast forward 3+ years and I have picked this project up again! Ha. I resoldered the balance fader module to the board and I no longer experience crackling! NEW PROBLEM: beomaster has a mind of its own and will switch itself away from Tape to FM 1 or other input by itself after a few...
  17. oldsmobuick

Audio Amateur Magazine

Hi, if you send an email address I can get you bigger versions. Hope this helps!
  18. oldsmobuick

ELAC Miracord 10H skips at end of LP.

The only solution was to disconnect the linkage and use it in manual mode! At least then it went to the end of the record. Bizarre.
  19. oldsmobuick

McIntosh 250 for $350 OBO (Waterville, Maine)

OK, OK, I emailed the guy! Thanks guys! Sounds like a lot of people have contacted him, so we'll see what happens...
  20. oldsmobuick

McIntosh 250 for $350 OBO (Waterville, Maine)

https://maine.craigslist.org/ele/5490352099.html Seems like a great deal? Don't know much about these other than I normally can't afford them.
  21. oldsmobuick

Magnavox 6V6 PP - 175 vs 8802, comments?

I recapped my 8802 and stuck with the original PS and OPTs but opted to beef up the coupling caps. Bass response is wonderful on my Klipsch Quartets!
  22. oldsmobuick

JBL 4311's = system complete... for now.

Ha. I need a pair of those. Well, don't underestimate detoxit, mine were like new after a few sprays. And they were AWFUL to start with. All four were perfect after, I bought L-pads but didn't even put them in.
  23. oldsmobuick

I don't think the knobs need to come off?
  24. oldsmobuick

You can't go wrong keeping them in circuit. If you don't have a tester, replace them if you can. Otherwise leave them in. Good luck! Great speakers.
  25. oldsmobuick

Time to Replace Power Transformer in Magnavox 8802?

Thanks Gadget, I do have a bucking winding set up already. You helped me with this amp last year, thanks again! It's a vibration that is audible because the amp is placed on a shelf and the shelf serves to amplify the vibration. I'll tighten it up and maybe just live with it as long as the tar...
Back
Top Bottom