Search results

1. DAGLJAM6

Sunday Tunes

Been a while: Bill Evans- "You must believe in Spring" Van Morrison- "Astral Weeks" Cal Tjader- "La Onda Va Bien" All on vinyl and sounding great this am....
  2. DAGLJAM6

Today's JAZZ playlist

Duke Ellington-"Live at the 1958 newport Jazz Festival" on a near pristine Columbia sixeye..
  3. DAGLJAM6

Big Azz Muthas -- Klipsch KLF-30's

Missed a pair of KLF-20's last year ,local, by a few hours if i recall. Really want to hear this series someday. Enjoy!!!
  4. DAGLJAM6

Genesis II+, worth it?

Yes, cheaper(offer $30) is always better but if they are anything like the pair of II's (not the plus version) i've got stashed then they'd be very enjoyable. Very easy resurround job for the DIY minded. BTW, the bass is there, quick and articulate absolutely no "bloat".
  5. DAGLJAM6

Wednesday Tunes

Tracy Chapman- "S/T" followed by Rory Gallagher-"Live" on nice clean used vinyl. The Tracy Chapman lp should be a vinyl "reference" disc for demo's while the RG is just plain fun.
  6. DAGLJAM6

any jazz fans into jimmy smith?

In too! 'Home cookin' , 'Back at the chicken shack' , 'Minight special' , 'Organ grinder swing' (my personal favorite) all pretty excellent.
  7. DAGLJAM6

Sunday Tunes

Jethro Tull- "Original Masters" on cleeeaan Vinyl.
  8. DAGLJAM6

Today's JAZZ playlist

Vinyl: Hank Mobley- "Hank" Reissue
  9. DAGLJAM6

Today's classical playlist

An absolutely sweet sounding LP of- "Also Sprach Zarathustra"- Eugene Ormandy and the Philadelphia Orchestra RCA Red Seal ARL1-1220
  10. DAGLJAM6

Today's JAZZ playlist

Vinyl: Stan Getz- "Sweet Rain" followed by Jimmy Smith- "Organ grinder swing" with Kenny Burrell and Grady Tate
  11. DAGLJAM6

Tuesday tunes

Yep, seen a copy sitting in the new lp racks at the local music shop. Drop me a pm and i'll get the pressing info or if you can't find it local I could pick it up and ship it to you.
  12. DAGLJAM6

Sunday Tunes

That's a good one on vinyl too!
  13. DAGLJAM6

Sunday Tunes

Still vinyl and still Dylan: "Blood on the Tracks" my personal dylan fave.
  14. DAGLJAM6

Tuesday tunes

A scorcher....Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan- "In Session"
  15. DAGLJAM6

Monday Tunes

Jimmy Smith- "Organ grinder swing"
  16. DAGLJAM6

Sunday Tunes

On that note had to pull out "Blues for Allah"- G.D.
  17. DAGLJAM6

Sunday Tunes

Vinyl day continued: Joe Walsh- "So What" on now followed by Roy Buchanan- "Second Album"
  18. DAGLJAM6

Saturday Tunes

The Doors- "L.A. Woman" Herbie Hancock- "Headhunters" Eric Clapton- "461 Ocean Blvd" and "S/T" Derek and the Dominos- "Layla" Bob Dylan- "Hwy 61 Revisited" and "The Freewheelin' " A great day at the used record store :thmbsp:
  19. DAGLJAM6

JBL vs. Polk

At the very least find a good pair of 7's. I've listened to the majority of Polk's older products,not an expert by any means, but within the Monitor line the 7's sound "right". The 10's are good(i've owned them) ,make no mistake, it's just that the 7's sound great on tube or SS amplification and...
  20. DAGLJAM6

The Greatest Polks?

My vote would be for the SDA-CRS. IMO the very best combo from Polk relatively compact and probably the best SDA experience for the money. :thmbsp:
  21. DAGLJAM6

Need Jazz and Blues

I'll add: Kenny Burrell/Jimmy Smith- "Blue Bash!" (Evening listening Jazz/Bluesy guitar) Jimmy Smith- "Root Down-Jimmy Smith Live!" (Great keyboard driven Jazz) Buddy Guy- "Live-The Real Deal", "Bring 'Em In", "Sweet Tea" B.B. King- "Blues On the Bayou" Son Seals- "Midnight son" Otis...
  22. DAGLJAM6

Wardsweb

It was a pleasure doing business with WW and the amp was "mint" as far as i'm concerned. (As expected Luther keeps his equipment in tip top shape) Thanks again!
  23. DAGLJAM6

Sunday Tunes

James Taylor- "Sweet baby James" with the nOrh SE9's 9wpc a truly classic album.
  24. DAGLJAM6

Sunday Tunes

Steve Howe- "Spectrum" NP'ing :thmbsp:
  25. DAGLJAM6

Tuesday tunes

John Patitucci-" Communion" a great Jazz disc so far, jam packed with artists and great sound.
Back
Top Bottom