Search results

1. SB Marantz

Model 170dc

I gave myself a present yesterday. Nice project and it wil be finished later this week or so. Nice and dusty. Driverboard left channel ''before'' Driverboard left channel ''after.''
  2. SB Marantz

Marantz model 140

Last sunday i bought 2 of these so now i have three but that does not matter because i like these little guy's! Here is what i have done to them to bring them back in top shape. :smoke: Replaced cap's, resoldered the entire board and cleaned them. Replaced perkament paper behind the Vu...
  3. SB Marantz

Sc-1000 / sm-800

And here it is! The set is complete now with the SC-1000 preamplifier. This one has no serial number on the back but a sticker which say's June product meeting. Although the SC-1000 was in working condition it needed some tlc for sure. After re-capping the power supply and changed out...
  4. SB Marantz

A new toy....

Yesterday the big sucker arrived. The Marantz SM-800! Until now i never had the pleasure to own one. It looks alot like the previous model's 500 and 510 accept that the esotec 800and 1000 are much bigger and heavier. I can tell you that the build quality is exeptional good. Metallized...
  5. SB Marantz

Model 7 and 8b

A week ago i bought a model 8b in a not to good condition. Painted black in a bad way. Sinds i am a transistor guy and don't know enough about tubes and the electronic circuits around it i decided to take the thing under my arm to my former teacher in electronics and friend. One rotten...
  6. SB Marantz

BA-2000 overhaul

The other day a guy contacted me about his BA-2000. It run's very hot he said. He bought it on Ebay U.S. and the seller mentioned in the discription that it run's like it should. The new owner made a appointment with me and here is what i encountered: Main filter cap's totally worn...
  7. SB Marantz

PM-4 little esotec guy

This week i got a Marantz PM-4 on the bench. Orders were a full re-cap and check it inside out. The 4 large filter cap's are going to leave the building allso because the are worn out.
  8. SB Marantz

model 170DC repair and overhaul

In this very well known amplifier was not much original. In one channel were placed two different types of outputs. A lot of bc tranistors and very bad soldering's Allso some wrong resistor values on importand places! auch! I re-capped the whole amplifier except for the main filter cap...
  9. SB Marantz

Marantz esotec SC-6 overhaul

A friend of mine own's this one and he asked me to do a complete recap and cleaning job on the pre-amp. Cracling sound, tone control does not work,one channel failing from time to time and a birdy intermitting sound on one channel After taking it apart it seemed that the pcb was still in...
  10. SB Marantz

Marantz 3250b repair

This was the first 3250b that i encountered with several defects. After alot of research i found out what the problem was. Bad overshoot on both channels can be caused by dirty switches!
  11. SB Marantz

Messurements front door model 500

My model 500 is missing the front door as you all know. My question to the 500 owners here is to please give me the excact messurements of it so i can make one. Allso drill holes etc. Many thanks in advance!!
  12. SB Marantz

Compudeck problem's

I have several of those like the SD-6000 / SD-9000DBX and the SD-9020. All have the same problem wich is when you push rewind / play etc that after 2 seconds the deck goes into stop mode. I have read about the opto coupler wich should cause that problem?? Who has serious experience in...
  13. SB Marantz

Marantz 500 or 510 on infinity kappa 9?

I suppose that there are people here that are familiar with the infinity kappa 9? This speaker is known as the amp killer because of it's impedance dip in a low frequentie AND a high one around 0,8 Ohm's! Alot of amps are NOT able to drive this speakers. I have the 2 biggest Marantz...
  14. SB Marantz

Sansui 777 offset problem

I have a 777 on the bench wich has around 350 mV's dc offset on both channels. Adjusting does not work. Both trimmers influence both channels too wich i find a weird case. Anyone who understand this amp? I allready replaced some cap's wich doubled in vallue. Thx
  15. SB Marantz

Model 240 for free!

Yesterday i got a model 240 for free! A guy called me up if i wanted it. He saw my ad; wanted Marantz amplifiers. Unfortunately the front plate is scratched en was very,very dirty. I washed the dirt off and replaced it. Next up was checking left and right channel. A previous...
  16. SB Marantz

Marantz 500 score

Today, i scored me a model 500. First i did when i got home was checking the driver boards. Replaced 4 resistors (5 Watt's) and placed them how it should be done. Then tested it at almost full power at the dummy. Checked offset; it was -1 and +1 mV so no worries :smoke: Next; down...
  17. SB Marantz

Vallue LF coil in RF-7

Hai you'll Who know's the vallue of the LF coil in the Klipsch RF-7? Thx.
  18. SB Marantz

Opinion on Sony XA-2 ES

What are your opinion's on this one?
  19. SB Marantz

Who treat's there classic's as it should?

Because of the fact that there are many collector's around and offcourse allso collect classic Marantz gear i am wondering how do you guy's ''treat'' your gear? For me as a tecnician this is offcourse much easier to bring those magic machine's back into top shape then for a person that does...
  20. SB Marantz

Marantz 510 power amp

I have bin reading some strange stories about this amp. http://groups.google.nl/group/rec.audio.opinion/browse_thread/thread/58c145853b18553c/0b8459408d8b647d?lnk=st&q=marantz+510&rnum=12&hl=nl#0b8459408d8b647d It seem's to loose it's damping factor at high volumes and sounds like :thumbsdn:
  21. SB Marantz

Oldest Marantz Piece?

What are your oldest Marantz pieces? Mine are the model 7C from 1962 and the model 15 from 1965.
  22. SB Marantz

Help needed with Luxman M-02 amp

Hi all, Who can tell me the vallue's of resistor R-144A and R-145A in the Luxman M-02 power amplifier? Ofcourse the schematic wil be better!! Thx!
  23. SB Marantz

schematic Marantz SR-9000G

Hi all, I need this schematic in pdf format. Who can help me? Please mail it to wilbia@versatel.nl Thx!!
  24. SB Marantz

opinion on Klipsch RF-7

Are there fellows outhere that own them or listened to them?
  25. SB Marantz

Marantz PM-8 score!

Last week on ebay i found a Marantz PM-8. The amp is in very good condition and sounds very sweet too. Big sucker that PM-8 :smoke:
Back
Top Bottom