Search results

1. E

ADS L520/2 vs ADS L1290/2

Sorry to revive this thread but I’m surprised no one has brought this up. The 1290’s tweeters have ferrofluid that dries out with age. Recapping is not the only consideration with these speakers which are considered among the best ADS models ever made.
  2. E

ADS L1290: We Must, Musn't We?

Reviving this thread to call out this guy’s dishonesty. Blown tweeter fuses should have never been a reason to cheat the poor lady. As is well known by any 1290 owner, the speakers have a total of four fuses (two for the tweeters, two for the mids). Simple enough to temporarily swap them to test...
  3. E

Heresy Decorator Model Questions

I'm with you on that one. The fact that 3-4 pairs with the same characteristics have surfaced to date likely indicates that these were custom made at the factory.
  4. E

Serial numbers are 34R335 and 34R336. Unfortunately no "OD" initials stamped on the cabinet as far as I can tell. The "USA" stamp is clearly visible though.
  5. E

Another pair popped up in upstate NY and I'm the proud owner. Consecutive serial numbers, bull nose trim, striped badges, metal glides at the bottom, HD-BR designation.
  6. E

Calling all Yamaha cr-3020 owners

Just picked up #1612. With owner's manual and sales receipt.
  7. E

A question to JVC QL-5 owners re. the tonearm lifter

I guess I'm semi-resurrecting this thread... I own both the QL-A2 and the QL-5. The platter on the QL-A2 is a pretty much a joke compared to that on the QL-5. Don't own a QL-Y5 so can't speak for how hefty its platter is. All I can say is, at over 4lb, the platter on the QL-5 is amongst the...
  8. E

Heresy K-22-k or k-24-k: what's the difference?

Alex, wondering if you still have that extra K-22-K. The magnet on one of my woofers shifted and the coil is seized. Looking for a replacement.
  9. E

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Jaco Pastorius - Self Titled, DCM Time Windows 1a.
  10. E

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Mezzanine by Massive Attack through JBL J50's powered by Yammy A560 amp fed by Magnavox CDB650 (office system).
  11. E

NEC A-910 amp

You're most welcome! Hope you find it useful. I certainly did (actually a friend did) and now my NEC is singing through a pair of AR3a's.
  12. E

Marantz 2270 high DC offset, help needed

Thanks for the help guys, was finally able to set the DC offset and bias current on both channels. The trick was to take the bottom cover off as well. Thanks much for all your help!
  13. E

Got it! I'll take a look tonight when I get home. One thing I can tell for sure is that the right channel board and pots are more conspicuous than their left channel counterpart.
  14. E

Really? Duh! Good thing I pointed out my question may turn out to be a silly one! :D Thanks for the help guys. I'll look for the missing board tonight. (In my defense, it's the first time I work on an amp where two different components have the same code. :banana:)
  15. E

The 2270 itself, for which the offset of both channels is controlled by R762.
  16. E

Sorry for the seemingly silly question, but it is the first time in my admittedly short history of tinkering with vintage audio equipment that I come across an amplifier section where the DC offset for both channels is adjusted by a single potentiometer (usually you have one pot for each...
  17. E

Sansui FR-D45 Problem

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I was wondering if replacing the diode fixed the problem for you guys? I'm having the same problem with mine.
  18. E

NEC A-910 amp

NEC A-910 Service Manual Ended up purchasing the service manual. I uploaded it to hifiengine: http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nec/a-910.shtml
  19. E

NEC A-910 amp

Hello everybody. Sorry to revive this old thread. I just came across an A910 in mint shape, but one of the channels is out in phono mode only - amp works fine in all other modes. No hum, no buzz, no sound, absolutely nothing through that channel, only in phono. I was wondering if someone out...
  20. E

scott1019 did me right on some NEC!!

Thanks for the tip, Scott. Will do (both).
  21. E

scott1019 did me right on some NEC!!

Hello everybody. Sorry to revive this old thread. I just came across an A910 in mint shape, but one of the channels is out in phono mode only - amp works fine in all other modes. I was wondering if someone out there had the service manual. Thanks in advance! (BTW, I do have the owner's...
Back
Top Bottom