Search results

1. hotdogst

NOS AR XA

Thanks for the tips. Yea, there are some AR fanatics on here I'd love to get some direction from once I get it up and running.
  2. hotdogst

NOS AR XA

I'm meeting him tomorrow and hopefully end up with the TT. It says in the ad that there are some scratches on the dustcover, I'm not sure how there would be scratches in something that's never been used, but I'm also not sure why you'd advertise that fact if you were claiming it was NOS but...
  3. hotdogst

NOS AR XA

Impressive
  4. hotdogst

NOS AR XA

Thanks, I think I'll go for it. Yea for sure. I figured I was safe since I don't list my location in my profile, and if someone wants to troll through past posts to try to figure out where I live they probably want it more than I do anyway haha. But yes, very true, thank you.
  5. hotdogst

NOS AR XA

Hi all, So, I've been casually watching what is claimed to be a new old stock AR XA on my local craigslist. It was originally priced at $450, more than I was ready to pay, but has been reduced to $295. I've been waiting for something to pop up to replace my current Denon DP-300F...Does this...
  6. hotdogst

Rest in peace, Al Jarreau!

I knew his name, but only got into his music a year or so ago when I found a copy of Look to the Rainbow for a buck and picked it up. What a monumentally talented dude (fantastic sounding record as well). rip
  7. hotdogst

HK-505 Faceplate removal

Nice, thanks for the specs! I'd definitely agree with the "sleeper" designation, this thing is great. Previously I had an HK 440 Vxi which was a total workhorse, I abused it all through high school and college and it sounded quite nice in its own right, if a little bit harsh at times. This is a...
  8. hotdogst

Technics ST-7300 meter lamps

Yea, that was my thought, that there's a bad cap or something throwing it off a little. I'll probably leave it as-is for the time being but it would be sweet to get it back to it's original state at some point.
  9. hotdogst

Nak BX-100 squeaky whirring

I am woefully ignorant about tape decks and their associated lingo. But what I'm seeing is the center spinning thing (what I assume to be the idler tire) contacting the pokey bit that goes into the cassette (capstan?), but not seeming to have enough friction to cause it to spin continually. Does...
  10. hotdogst

Scott 233 with Snell acoustics type k. Heaven!

I lucked into a pair of K/II's for free and I absolutely love them! Not sure about other Scott pairings though...
  11. hotdogst

Cool, based on the description on that website that sounds like exactly what's going on. Will do tonight. I did clean the heads and the rollers, but did not oil or grease anything. What type of oil/grease should I use?
  12. hotdogst

HK-505 Faceplate removal

I was going to wait until I get another piece up and running and do a whole system post with some thoughts about this integrated, but I'm listening to it right now and can't wait! This thing is phenomenal. The channel separation is great and the imaging is superb even in my tiny and...
  13. hotdogst

I found this deck at GW, it's a lower end Nak but is really solid feeling, heavy and looks nice as a bonus. It seems to have two issues, which may or may not be related: As it plays, there is a fairly loud sound that I can only describe as a "squeaky whirring." Like something spinning (one of...
  14. hotdogst

For sure. Always fun to get something old and grungy looking pretty and working right again. And I got in touch with dwojo and he hooked me up. It looks great! The alignment seems to be off by about .3Mhz across the whole dial. I think I remember seeing in a thread somewhere that a good...
  15. hotdogst

Will Tom Brady retire if NE wins tomorrow?

Haha there is a zero percent chance he retires this season.
  16. hotdogst

John Wetton of King Crimson Fame Dies at 67

Damn...what a talented guy. rip man.
  17. hotdogst

So much angst for nothing! I didn't even need to take the faceplate off. Once I track down some lights I'll post up some pics.
  18. hotdogst

Wait, does the light just diffract up through the clear bottom of the meter enclosures?
  19. hotdogst

Yea, I saw that thread. Those are the lamps for the dial of the tuner, not the meters. The dial lamps are burnt out as well though.
  20. hotdogst

So I got the faceplate off, but the meters are still inaccessible. They appear to be either glued onto the faceplate or bolted on somehow from the front, maybe there's a hole threaded partway through the faceplate or something? The pink things are nuts, set into little hex holes on the back of...
  21. hotdogst

Success! The faceplate just drops straight down once you get the knob off and a nut behind it. It's a nice looking tuner but I'm not sure I'll ever get new lights into it haha.
  22. hotdogst

So, those three screws I was talking about at first don't actually hold the faceplate on, I was wrong about that. It seems most likely to me that the faceplate wants to slide off the chassis to either the left or right. But, the switches all stick out a tiny bit past the faceplate so there's...
  23. hotdogst

I haven't been able to find a service manual with a blow-apart diagram of the chassis. Is that pretty standard? Maybe I just need to keep looking? Oh good call with the inset hex screw. I couldn't figure out how to get the tuning knob off.
  24. hotdogst

HK-505 Faceplate removal

Wow, that's a really cool painting, your 14 year old has some talent! That is a mindblowing photo.
Back
Top Bottom