Search results

1. Njoy-Music

The VA is going to Issue ID cards to ALL! Veterans

Very odd. I did the vet-verify thing and get regular notices for early bird specials from the exchange. Since I live in one of those states that have sub standard ID's this would be helpful.
  2. Njoy-Music

I won the lottery ..well sorta .

Very nice! And a new friend with some special stories to tell I'll bet. Can't wait to hear more if you can get him to share at some point.
  3. Njoy-Music

Could use some prayers, well wishes, etc.

Thoughts and prayers for both of you. Sometimes asking for thoughts and prayers can be one of the toughest things you'll ever do. However sharing also brings comfort in knowing others will be rooting and thinking about you. I tend to be one of those loner people so I understand your reluctance...
  4. Njoy-Music

Need some SERIOUS Prayers and MOJO from AK'ers! Wife Critical.

So sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences and many prayers for you and your family.
  5. Njoy-Music

Pioneer DVD-S969AVI - anyone familiar ?

It appears to be similar to a Pioneer Elite Dv-59avi which is not bad. I think this may be a European version though so it may need a voltage transformer to work properly. Either way though it's well worth the money even it needs some work.
  6. Njoy-Music

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

Currently I use a DV-79avi for digital sources. I have one that's been tweaked but is down at the moment and another untweaked as a backup. They play all the formats I want and sound darn good doing it. As cheap as they are now they can't be beat so far.
  7. Njoy-Music

Teasers for the CBS Star Trek Series. Honestly not really interested

I'll just stick with not worth paying for. Maybe after their streaming service tanks they will move to some other spots. Nothing is piquing my interest enough for me to dive in on this.
  8. Njoy-Music

Amazed after all this time...

I have mixed feelings as I enjoy a well made CD just as well as a good LP. What I think I miss most often is the care and attention that seemed to be made to make that record as perfect as they could get it. Sure there were some who didn't but the word got around. I find a lot of demo discs a...
  9. Njoy-Music

Atomic ranch living room system

Love the overall look of the room from before. Should be interesting to see how you fir the treatments in along with the drapes. Those drapes can be a adventure all their own.
  10. Njoy-Music

Is $80 a good deal for a set of Bose 601 series II that needs work?

They're not bad just not my cup or tea. A good price for them as is if the cabinets are in good shape. Cleaning up and refoaming the drivers is a good starting point and definitely redo the crossover. If you end up not liking them they often sell for good money when they are in good shape as...
  11. Njoy-Music

Oppo UDP 203 vs. Yamaha BD A1060 Universal Players

Odd to see this as I had been looking at some Oppo's to replace my current blu-ray. Also wanted to keep it around the $500 mark so this tongue-in-cheek review is timely. I won't take it too seriously but you at least gave me other things to consider than sticking to just Oppo. The Pioneer Elite...
  12. Njoy-Music

Speakers: What do you own?

Been through a few but in use I have: Apogee Cantaurs paired with a sub to fill in the bottom end psb Stratus Gold Infinity Qe's with a sub on the PC. Infinity Qe's on a small office system In storage I have: Pioneer CS99a's Cerwin Vega AT-15's Infinity Rsb's Infinity Qb's currently in the...
  13. Njoy-Music

A few from my collection....

Nice collection that's for sure! And that CD player is just awesome looking! Took some time and a lot of pride making that I'm sure. Very well done!
  14. Njoy-Music

The Orville

I binge watched to catch up and I must say it is more than I was expecting. Humor at times is a little odd but seems work anyway. Seth said in an interview he wanted it to be a place where you'd want to be and not some sterile environment like so many series seem to suggest. I'm thinking I'll be...
  15. Njoy-Music

Ever seriously thought about leaving the hobby? Or scaling way back?

Was really getting in to it for awhile there but now that I have more on shelves and less in rotation I'm changing my mind. Got some good stuff I really enjoy and going to stick with that. Still looking for a good blu-ray player but a bunch of other stuff will be going out the door.
  16. Njoy-Music

Do All Search Engines Rely On Google

Some do and some don't. Some like duckduckgo use their won and don't gather search information for later sales. It's fast and very private plus I get good results without ads.
  17. Njoy-Music

Losing my HF hearing...... what's the solution? Graphic Equalizer? Something else ??

Did you ever try the Qb's? You haven't mentioned them anymore so I was just curious. I find I prefer the EMIT's at times while I also enjoy my Apogee Centaurs as well. At least they've brought back some of the sparkle that I was missing. However I am sending off the tweeters and mids on my ADS...
  18. Njoy-Music

Simply Speakers surround repair kits. Yea or nay?

I've only done a few and their kits have always worked well for me. I'm not a pro at it and others here change a lot more than I do. Good luck whatever you decide.
  19. Njoy-Music

Why do people replace capacitors and other components on 1970's era equipment?

So far every unit I have that was recapped and thoroughly checked out has turned out sounding better. The tech also checks out values of other components along the way resulting in a few replaced transistors and some loose wires fixed. In each case the change in sound was readily audible. It may...
  20. Njoy-Music

Need some SERIOUS Prayers and MOJO from AK'ers! Wife Critical.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
  21. Njoy-Music

Found a nice Sony CDP at local pawn, and what I found has me scratching my head...

Many older Cd players I used had that option when recording to cassette as has been mentioned before. Some displayed it different than others. Sony did have some nice sounding players in this series. Enjoy!
  22. Njoy-Music

Advice on using ADS 810's in HT

Nothing wrong with using the 810's as fronts and getting an HT receiver that lets you forget the need for a center channel. Unless you have a huge, wide front placement for left and right front speakers it's not needed and is often the source of many problems. Sure the center channel is critical...
  23. Njoy-Music

"yes, I am looking for flowers, apparently I am in the wrong store" BOSEBLOWS

Look all I can say is I've walked in to many stores selling electronics to be surprised at the various levels of knowledge in the sales reps. Whether it was Best Buy or Bose one person will happily talk shop with you and explain what their newer models highlight, trends, etc. Others hardly know...
  24. Njoy-Music

What's your latest audio purchase?

Some new custom made IC's and speaker cable.
Back
Top Bottom