Search results

1. bwdst3

Sansui AU517 Preout Question

Ha. Yes. Fair enough. I have it disconnected for a bit but was thinking through sub connection options for when I bring it back into the rotation. Regardless, thanks for the response.
  2. bwdst3

Sansui AU517 Preout Question

Hi everyone, If AU517 Pre/Power switch is set to “Connected” is there still signal at the preout? Or is there only signal at the preout if set to “Separated”? Thanks for your time
  3. bwdst3

Bottlehead Reduction

I recently built a Reduction kit from Bottlehead and am loving it. Would love to hear how others have integrated it into their systems. Thanks!
  4. bwdst3

Clean / Restore C28 Cabinet Grill

hi everyone. I've found lots of threads re: restoring the wood part of cases but was wondering if anyone has rec's for cleaning the metal grill? Mine has a few marks that appear to need a deeper clean.
  5. bwdst3

Best place to buy LP plastic outer sleeves?

+1 Sleeve City. I like their ultimate outer 3.0 resealable.
  6. bwdst3

Help ID Shure V15 III Stylus

Thanks again everyone for the quick replies.
  7. bwdst3

Thanks for the quick responses!
  8. bwdst3

Hi everyone, looking for some help id'ing a stylus that came with a newly acquired V15 III. Marked "Special Tracking" with a black dot on the cantilever. Given those markings I assume it's not Shure. Maybe EVG or some other after market?
  9. bwdst3

Spin-Clean is...

No experience with an RCM but I've cleaned ~250 records with my spin clean and love it. Like others have stated I usually clean 20 at a time and use new fluid with each batch. + for being a local Pittsburgh company.
  10. bwdst3

Grado question

Got it. Thanks for the responses!
  11. bwdst3

Grado question

Hi everyone, I know I can put a new prestige stylus on many of the older cartridge bodies and have examined the code conversion charts. But does the opposite work? Will an older, let's say M2+ stylus, fit a newer Prestige body? Thanks!
  12. bwdst3

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Hi, just wanted to thank EW and all the posters here. I spent a couple days reading the thread and just finished adjusting the bias and offset on my AU-517. L Bias before/after: 12.3mV / 20.2 mV R Bias before/after: 34.4mV / 20.1 mV L Offset before/after: 81.7mV / 0.5mV R Offset...
  13. bwdst3

Shure m97xe question

Thanks everyone for your replies! Interesting how the customer service response confirms an angle but in the opposite direction. For now I'll try it with the brush up.
  14. bwdst3

Shure m97xe question

Hi everyone, I've read a bunch of threads re: the brush and wasn't able to find this answer. Apologies if it's been covered previously. I listen with my brush down. VTF set to 1.75 before I lower the brush. Cartridge is aligned properly and Tonearm height set so arm is level (Technics SL 1200)...
Back
Top Bottom