Search results

1. audiobeer

Marantz 4430 Receiver specs?

Does anyone know the 2 channel output of the Marantz 4430? I’m guessing since it’s not strapped there is no increase in 2 channel as my 4400 or 4300 does?
  2. audiobeer

Jbl 034 Tweeter help

I have 6 034 tweeters but 1 of them is wrapped liked this and I cant find any terminals and it has plastic around magnet? What’s up with this?
  3. audiobeer

What textured paint brand to use?

Can anyone recommend a spray can paint in black that has the matted finish typical of the Marantz component cabinets of the 70s?
  4. audiobeer

Cabinet screws

Looking to get the 12 faceplate screws on my Marantz 33 and 140 And a tuner to screw into the wood cabinet face? Anybody know a source or size?
  5. audiobeer

Screw size for rubber feet at the bottom of a Mcintosh 2155

I pulled out of tit's cabinet and wanted to display and run without feet. Cannot find the correct screws. Can anyone help me with the size? Thanks in advance!
  6. audiobeer

"Good Stand Mount Speaker" Opinions please $7500 or less

First I want to say yes "I Know", listen for yourself. But honestly there is a lot of speakers out there and so few dealers that carry the brands I may be interested in. So I need some advice to shorten the list. 1st of all my room is 17' by 20' and the speakers will be on the 17' wall end...
  7. audiobeer

Please help identifying his tone arm

http://usr.audioasylum.com/images/y2012/11/75272/P1010016.JPG Please help me, I’m buying a turntable that has a Grace head and an older Graco gold cartridge but I have no ideal what this tone arm is? Is it a good one? The close up picture is a stock picture. The Denon table (1250) is with the...
  8. audiobeer

Current Bower and Wlikens 705 Vs 805 speakers comparison

Has anyone ever heard either of these side by side? Just wondering if it's worth the $4000 difference?
  9. audiobeer

eBay C33 purchase

Those that know me know I will go to great lengths to put together a nice vintage system. After contacting seller that it won’t power up and that it has no fuse seller tells me to take it to A Mcintosh repair center, but it left working perfectly. Wow! Ok EBay step up.
  10. audiobeer

Thanks to Jlovda

The Mcintosh MX-113 exceeded my expectations! Thank you!
  11. audiobeer

Thanks Theoman

What a great seller. Haven't had a chance to post due to issues but remembered how easy the sale was on some large Altec speakers. As described and more importantly helped facilitate the shipping. Thanks Bro!!!
  12. audiobeer

I have a small zenith tube amp in new to match speakers to.

Looking for something efficient . Inexpensive. Any ideals?
  13. audiobeer

Sony 2251 connector question

I have a 2251 I purchased without the RCA cord. It has 3 RCA jacks on the back Lt, Rt and ground. Does anyone know who sells a connector with the 3 RCA's on the turntable end with 2 RCA's and a ground connector to the preamp? Thanks in advance for any help.
  14. audiobeer

Sansui 929 my tone arm was crushed in shipping

Anybody have a suggestion for a replacement for this table that may be as good as OEM but not as pricey?
  15. audiobeer

Vintage Reciever's phono section Vs Seperate Phono preamp

My 2 Reciever's are a Pioneer SX-1250 and soon to be rebuilt Marantz 4400 (No Pressure Bob). The boards have or will be gone through completely. My question is basically, if I were to get a seperate phono preamp (with a $500 budget tops) would I hear a difference?
  16. audiobeer

How to ship a Sansui SR-838

Finally track down a Sansui 838 but the seller in Victorville Ca has no clue how to ship it. Should I just have him go to a Fed Ex to pack? Is there any pro's that do that in the area? Help please how can I get this to St. Louis without damage?
  17. audiobeer

Pioneer pl-630 and pl-540 needing recap, cleaning, and recalibration

Want these back to tier old glory. Is anyone reputable doing these like Reguraly please someone help
  18. audiobeer

Marantz 4400

Sending off this 4400 to wlhd1610 for anther rebuild. Was curious if anyone knew how the phono section was on these. Here's the before pics. Guy was using in his garage. You can see where he dropped it so the face was damaged. Looking forward to Bobs labor ( results not cost lol)!
  19. audiobeer

Always changing Audiobeer system

A little bit of McIntosh, Marantz, Pioneer and Kenwood. Enjoy them all. Other side of the room is the JBL Performance series.
  20. audiobeer

Amp on/off switch for yamaha C-80 Preamp

Does anybody if the on/off switch on the Yamaha C-80 is interchangeable with any other models. Cannot seem to find one in the past 4 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated in my search for an alternate.
  21. audiobeer

Marantz 510M fan operation.

I run mine sometimes 24/7 and it never gets warm. The moment I plug it in the fan comes on and always runs. My question is this, is the fan supposed to run all the time or is it supposed to kick in when it gets warm?
  22. audiobeer

Old Zenith suitcase turntable

Zenith BPS 89L is the model number. I cannot begin to tell you the sentimental vale of this to my family. This was my Dads 1st audio system when I was under a few years old. Gordon can you get this working. It is complete and unmolested.
  23. audiobeer

3300 vs 3800 question

It's not apples vs apples but I had Bob on the board here do a remarkable job on a 3300 rebuild to go with my 250m. What a hell of an improvement. Swapped a 510M in the mix along with a 3800. Not as clear, muffled and just flat crappy. Put the 510M on the 3300 and I was patting myself on the...
  24. audiobeer

Any worthy 70s Marantz Speakers?

Is there any early 70s Marantz speakers that are known to be good? I don't see much about these?
  25. audiobeer

Shipping large speakers. who to use.

Please move if this is the wrong place. What would be the most affordable way to ship a pair of JBL 4430's From the 90620 area in California to 63366 in St. Louis? They won't be packed?
Back
Top Bottom