Search results

1. havols

Pioneer sx 770 sx770 - problem (maybe short) in power supply/ transfromer

A beginner's question can i replace the 50 ohm variable resistor with new one VR 100ohm, adjusting between 0 ~ 50ohm?
  2. havols

Thank you Zebulon I will order some components to finish the job Can I use the 2sc2690 to replace the 2sc904 and the 2sa1220 to replace the 2sa569? At the outputs, which transistor can I use in place of 2sd91? And what could I use to replace stv3, if necessary? Thanks for all the help.
  3. havols

Thanks Zebulon I checked the transistors, and they measured OK (diode mode in multimeter) I found this burnt 22 ohm resistor (R27), which is connected to the emitter of Q7. Maseured 9 ohms In the circuit, turned off.
  4. havols

Well friends. One of the VR50 was open, so I replaced both with new ones, and set the new ones to 30r I also removed the 4 output transistors, and all 4 tested good (multimeter in diode mode), with similar readings when out of the circuit. So I power on again, on the DBT, and I still have a...
  5. havols

Yes. I still have my fisher stuff here. They are excellent. Hope your beautiful 700T is running well Greetings
  6. havols

can i use a 1n5408 to replace the burned sw-1-02? Or is an overkill?
  7. havols

well Bruno and Zebulon. You guys are right. I started by removing Diodes D1 and D2 from the power supply. Bingo. No more short signal and the dial lights bright on. Fantastic. learning again here at AK. I took the opportunity to quickly look at the output board. it is all original. The 2 fuses...
  8. havols

Thanks for the feedback Bruno The strange is that none of the main transformer's secondary is ok, not even the dial lights light up. I'm thinking. If it was a problem with the output, connecting it to a dim bulb test, would I have the dial lights on, and normal voltages on the power supply...
  9. havols

Thank you very much. I will do this in the future I do not think so. It's a project from 1970...1971.
  10. havols

Hi AK friends I purchased a Pioneer SX 770 “as is”, beautiful and completely original. Now I'm trying to get it back to life Device history: The previous owner reported that the sx770 was working, and that he smelled smoke and immediately power off. He decided to sell it in the state, in this...
  11. havols

Harman Kardon ST-7 - The arm is not moving laterally

Thanks 986s, Montycat and darrelb. It became a detailed work. From what I've read, replace this o-ring it's a hard job. I will need some time to do it regards, I will post news here.
  12. havols

I haven't replaced it yet. I hoped I wouldn't have to do that. If necessary, should I replace it with a new one of the same size? thanks 986s
  13. havols

If I remove the arm, with the cue in down position, and I tilt the base of the arm to down (by pushing down on the arm's threaded socket), the arm begins to move normally to the side.
  14. havols

Hi friends. I purchased another TT Harman Kardon ST-7 in AS-IS condition I replaced the caps on motor board, and chean the variable resistors, and the speed are OK now. I can´t fix 2 other problems. The arm is not moving laterally. The stylus follows the groove of the record, but the arm...
  15. havols

NUDE Elliptical or HE (Shure generics.)

AK friends 3 days ago I found here a shure V15 type 3 Low Mass cartridge (pic attached), with an original supertrack plus stylus. It was working, so I took the risk of buying it at a fair price for the situation. As it was an Low Mass cartridge, I installed it in an HK st7 Rabco arm Well, what...
  16. havols

here I am for feedback After listening to the EVG VN35e stylus with 2g of VTF for a few days, I thought the sound quality improved a bit. I'm using a Marantz 3300 as a preamp, original Jbl speakers with a 15 woofer, and various amplifiers. Back to EVG VN35e, although the sound has improved a...
  17. havols

OK narud II had read here on AK that at 2g, these EVG sounded better. While I'm thinking about purchasing a JICO (here in Brazil they are really expensive), I will test with 2g VTF for a few days. Thanks.
  18. havols

At 1,5g In fact, With 2gram I feared damaging my records
  19. havols

Thanks Rolls-Royce and malden I was avoiding concluding what Malden mentioned. But I am convinced. I've tried this EVG several times, and I'm giving up on it. I'm looking for a JICO. Thank you very much
  20. havols

Hi friends. A few months ago I bought a replacement EVG stylus for my Shure V15 type 3 I tried it a few times, on a Technics SL 1300, and on a Thorens TD160 (TP16 Arm) I was not satisfied with the results, and I noticed a slight distortion, especially in the mid-highs in some tracks/ records. I...
  21. havols

For Lovers of The Shure M95 Cart!

After a few years, my opinion... I have an Shure N95HE HiTrack on a Thorens TD 150. It came with it from the previous owner. I use it with the phono section of a Marantz 3300 connected to a good amp/receiver and great speakers. This stylus sounds fantastic. It's simply wonderful. It brought me...
  22. havols

Marantz 4270 No AM/FM

Hi friends allow me to use this thread The FM on my Marantz 4270 was working perfectly, but afterthe receiver being stored for a month, when i poweri it ON again, the FM now has a constant and continuous low hiss, with no sign of tuning. Just a low, continuous shhh. If I press FM muting, the...
  23. havols

Mac 1900 SS Receiver - original with some problems to fix

Thanks ramjet It helped a bit. From what I understand, I could install the 250K. If the 250K pot volume was fully CCW, I would have no sound. If the volume pot was 100% CW, I would probably have a much lower output volume than the original (about 30%?). it is right? regards
  24. havols

Hi ak members Sorry if I'm harping on this issue Is there any possibility of replacing the bad 800k volume pot on my mac 1900 with a 250k one? What would happen? Should I add some additional resistor? I really have no other alternative for now Thank you
  25. havols

Good night friends. I will ask a question, and suggest an answer that I imagine I'll receive. Since I'm having difficulty obtaining an 800k volume pot for my Mac 1900. It's practically impossible to find a parts donor at a reasonable price around here. What could I use as a replacement for...
Back
Top Bottom