Search results

1. havols

Pioneer sx 770 sx770 - problem (maybe short) in power supply/ transfromer

Hi AK friends I purchased a Pioneer SX 770 “as is”, beautiful and completely original. Now I'm trying to get it back to life Device history: The previous owner reported that the sx770 was working, and that he smelled smoke and immediately power off. He decided to sell it in the state, in this...
  2. havols

Harman Kardon ST-7 - The arm is not moving laterally

Hi friends. I purchased another TT Harman Kardon ST-7 in AS-IS condition I replaced the caps on motor board, and chean the variable resistors, and the speed are OK now. I can´t fix 2 other problems. The arm is not moving laterally. The stylus follows the groove of the record, but the arm...
  3. havols

Mac 1900 SS Receiver - original with some problems to fix

Hi friends. I recently acquired an original MAC 1900 SS receiver in excelent condition. Just dirt. I did a superficial cleaning to access the boards and components. I plugged it into a DBT, and I didn't find a short signal. So then I plugged it in two speakers (8ohm) and started to check a...
  4. havols

Luxmann Preamp CL-350 - help needed with new Power Transformer

Hi AK members I need help with an Luxman CL 350 preamp I found this preamp thrown in a scrap metal, and I decided to pick it up to bring it back to life and use it as a phono preamp with my old 50/60´s tube stuffs. The problem is that the CL 350 came without the power transformer. I found the...
  5. havols

clean front panel - remove black spray paint

Hi AK members I need to clean the front panel of my old fisher TX 2000 Someone in the past used some kind of black paint (a spray or something) close to this TX 2000. Result: Some of this black ink squirted on the front panel, and unluckily caught a part of the silkscreen, as shown in the...
  6. havols

technics su 3600 protection circuit - relay equivalent

Hi friends I'm starting work on a technics su 3600 integrated amplifier that I bought a few days ago. I intend to rebuild it completely Its first problem is with the protection circuit. Some technician has hotwired in the past, bypassing the protection relay. This protection relay is not working...
  7. havols

Need a service manual/ scheme by TECHNICS SU-V44

Hi AK friends I own a Technics amplifier model SU-V44. It is from 1981 with 2 meter VU. I need the service manual, or at least a schematic by this amplifier. I couldn't find it on the internet If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
  8. havols

Garrard Zero 100c - problems and missing shell

Hi AK I purchased a Garrard Zero 100c to be part of my TT collection. It is all original, with the service manuals, and in excellent aesthetic condition But I have some problems with it: It's not power on. Neither the motor nor the strobe light. It has a transformer at the AC input, and I am...
  9. havols

Scott 357b - one channel is running too hot

Hi AK friends I have a Scott 357b receiver in really beatifull condition (except knobs) It is 99% original. everything working, including the FM stereo. However, it has the right channel running really hot I decided to first check the Bias and Balance of this channel (both). I located the...
  10. havols

Harman Kardon ST 7 Cue lever

Hi AK members I have a Rabco Harman kardon TT model ST-7 However, since I bought it (used), I still have 2 problems to fix: one of them is that the cueing lever is not working. If I use this function, the stylus drops very quickly on record. Hoe can I fix this? Could be missing oil or something...
  11. havols

Heathkit sp2 - noise or bad-ground connection on phono section

Hi AK friends A few days ago, with your help, I get a grundig NF2 tube amplifier working again. Warm sound Now, I need your help again, to get my heathkit SP2 (pics above) to work 100%, as I intend to use it as a pre for grundig. In the past I've replaced all electrolytic from this unit, and...
  12. havols

Grundig NF2 - rusted and untested - Help

HI ak members I purchased a Grundig NF 2 tube amplifier "as is", in all original condition. It is rusted, and untested. Well. I created this thread so that you can help me. How can I measure the impedances of the output transformers? One of the output transformers has deteriorated external...
  13. havols

Sansui SP 5000 - repairing

good morning AK members I recently bought a pair of sansui SP 500), with alnico speakers. I attached a picture of one spkr, with my sansui SIX. They just sound fantastic. They play very easy. The cabinets were sent for restoration. I'll recap the dividers too. Both woofers are playing perfectly...
  14. havols

National panasonic R 806 8 track

Hi friends from HK I purchased a beautifull 8 track national panasonic model R 806. It is a 8 track cartridgr play and recorder. In very good condition, and still 100% original. But it has a problem. When I play, using a good one cartridge, it starts playing the sound very well, but within a few...
  15. havols

Realistic Stereo 36 - Madison Fielding 360

Hi AK members I'm reviewing my Realistic Stereo 36, tube amplifier made in usa. With the help of AK some time ago, we found that this model was made by Madison Fielding, being very similar to the Madison Fielding 360, except that it uses 6bq5 as output tubes. The output transformers of this...
  16. havols

Marantz 4270 - Noise in one front channel

Hi AK members I am trying to fix a problem on my marantz 4270 The history: Initially it was noisy on 4 channels, even listening in 2 x 70w or 4 x 25w mode. So I rebuilt the power supply, where I replaced the small transistors, all the electrolytic capacitors, and the R801 that was altered...
  17. havols

JBL 4691A - Help to restore (home Hifi use)

Hi AK members A pair of JBL Cabaret 4691A arrived at my hands at a very good price. The woofer is not original anymore, and now there is a Seleniun JBL 15pw5. The drivers are original (2426J) with 2370 original Horn. One diaphragm was replaced, so maybe i will need to replace both with new good...
  18. havols

Marantz 2220b baby - help to refurb

Hi marantz guys I started working on a baby Marantz 2220b today. It is not in pristine condition, but it is note 8,5 ... So I am seriously thinking about recovering it for myself. I started the job just by connecting it with DBT. It turns on OK, no smoke or a short signal. So I plugged it...
  19. havols

restore a Dual 1229Q = Is possible?

I recently found a Dual 1229Q turntable in great condition, but with some disconnected parts inside a box. It seems that it was an attempt at restoration, which has not been completed. As I believe this dual is a excellent (within the limits of the Idler drive), I would try to restore it, with...
  20. havols

One more SS fisher in my collection - a 450T

HI HK members I just purchased a fisher 450T, and I am asking your help to try recover it. With 450T in hands, Before turning it on for the first time, I replaced 4 stew/ cracked electrolitic capacitors on the power supply board, and applied a contact cleaner on the potentiometers and switches...
  21. havols

H K st-7 - clean aluminium chassis - how do it?

Hi AK members I am trying to refurb an H / K st-7 old turntable I already had help here at AK about a missing piece (RABCO). Ii is being provided Now I need to remove some dirt from the chassis. There are many yellowish dirts on it This TT was kept for many years As attached pics, it has some...
  22. havols

harman kardon st-7 - How to install/ align a AT95e cartridge?

Good morning AK members I buyed an old Harman Kardon ST-7 turntable here. (I will post some pics) It is complete, but needs a restoration. Yesterday i replaced the 2 rubber belts, and the rotation is OK The mechanism is OK too, as it reaches the end of the disc and hangs up, raising the arm I...
  23. havols

Can i do a Buck transformer with old PA-774 dyna TAP, to drop 6VAC from the wall?

Hi AK members I have a 60´s tube receiver here. If I play the receiver on 118VAC on the wall, I have 6.2 ~ 6.3VAC on heaters But, the voltage on the wall here is about 124 VAC. So, I thought about building a Buck transformer, because the voltage is stable, without many variations. For that, I...
  24. havols

Marantz 4400 - justa noise on FM section (sshhhhhhh)

Hi AK members I'm working on my Marantz 4400 Quad. Preamp, toneboard and power amp section are fine. All capacitors and small signal transistors replaced. I had to change the tantalum for electrolytic ones until I got some polyester. Still, it sounds really good. Strong and clean. Now I need to...
  25. havols

Is something wrong with my ears?OR did I make a mistake in my work?

Hello everyone I have here a Sansui Six, in pristine condition. I love how it sounds, except the phono section. And i really enjoy to list my LPs, all in excelent or near mint condition. I use the mid best-buy cartridge AT95e. My stilus is new original. I've been using my Sansui Six to listen...
Back
Top Bottom