Search results

1. AudioGeek

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

Springsteen's 'Pink Cadillac' was very decent too.
  2. AudioGeek

A Dodge Demon showed up at our Friday Sonic show

Yes very cool car. But these and stuff like the Hellcat are meant for drag mostly and guys who would take them to the track for weekend fun.
  3. AudioGeek

Another Fiat/Chrysler Recall--Cruise Control

The thing with this is I don't need anyone to tell me of the greed-driven m.o. of corporations. I'm well aware of them. "Their goal is to make money" does not excuse the rampant scumbaggery we've seen over decades. Really, why people still regurgitate this mindless crap is beyond me, unless...
  4. AudioGeek

"Any time there is an issue with an auto, that rumor comes out of the woodwork." That sounds like excuse-making or deflecting for the car companies to me.
  5. AudioGeek

So what is your point with all of this contrary talk? Are you trying to infer that the ignition issue with GM was OK or acceptable, or wasn't as dangerous as it really was? I guess I'll have to provide the links to get some of you to quit defending these asshole corporations.
  6. AudioGeek

IIRC it wasn't a rumor. I think Ralph Nader and/or one of the advocate groups had it posted on their websites; also was on alt media shows being discussed.
  7. AudioGeek

Yes I know that, I've driven a few non-power vehicles back in the old days. You can stop or turn with no power on P/B, P/S, but it's hard and especially when you're not expecting it in a dangerous situation. Also most steering wheels will go into the lock position if turned a bit when the key...
  8. AudioGeek

What Do You Like on Your Hotdog?

Yeah they're good. But to me that's not a hot dog, it's a sausage and I make them with peppers & onions.
  9. AudioGeek

BTW guys, this is great too...Heinz yellow mustard mixed with their relish. Heinz always made the best ketchup, relishes, and standard mustard too IMO. One exception I like better is Colman's mustard from England, but watch out - it's hot!!
  10. AudioGeek

Yeah. For these corporate bastards it's just a "cost of doing business" expense. If it's cheaper to fix the part then they will. If the fine, court costs, and settlement payout is potentially less, they won't fix it until forced to in court.
  11. AudioGeek

3 truckloads of speakers...

Was going to say instead of the red pick-up you need a white van for this gig. :smoke:
  12. AudioGeek

Right, but those non-power vehicles had brakes and steering that somewhat compensated for not being power. IIRC over 120 people died, and a lot more were injured before GM had to pay up in court and change the switch, and actually it was a pittance compared to their profits. It was also hushed...
  13. AudioGeek

Yep, and also let's not forget the GM recall for the ignition switch that would turn itself off while driving. Nice feature if you're going say down an off-ramp at some speed and the engine dies. No brakes, no power steering, and you're probably headed for the rhubarb.
  14. AudioGeek

Johnny Carson

Yep. Johnny was the bomb. Even as a young person I never thought the show was too "old" for me to watch.
  15. AudioGeek

Well, probably several things and some chilis aren't worth a damn on a dog IMO. I don't know what was in it (except it had a decent clove flavor), how it was made, or if it was a commercial restaurant brand but there was a tiny restaurant in my hometown in upstate NY called 'Tegeo's' and...
  16. AudioGeek

I like the old Coney dog - a really good hot dog chili, yellow mustard, diced onions.
  17. AudioGeek

Unsurpassed Master Guitarist Playlist

Warren Haynes. Billy Gibbons. Derek Trucks. Then there are several very good blues players and metal players, for example.
  18. AudioGeek

I can't stand it anymore DSL + Copper= Much suckage

Obviously. But as many of us already know, in many areas the providers have a near-monopoly or a wink-and-a-nod agreement with other telecoms not to intrude upon each other's territory. For example, I'm stuck with Comcast while just down the street a ways AT&T has a zone but it only lately...
  19. AudioGeek

MIAMI VICE!

I always called it Miami Mice. lol
  20. AudioGeek

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Let's not forget Carl's uber-cool Paiste drum kit, made of melted down Paiste 2002 cymbals... Here's the hoopy-scoopy on it. Don't know if he sold it yet or not, but it's damned expensive!
  21. AudioGeek

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Hey, when you're on the 'net try a site called radioparadise.com. They play ELP and a lot of stuff like the old AOR stations used to in the better days of FM radio. The owners, Bill & Rebecca Goldsmith, are quite cool. The nice thing is - no commercials, no pop up crap, and it has a very good...
  22. AudioGeek

Deregulation just traded one monopoly (AT&T, Bells) for another. Deregulation made it so a phone co. could be in the internet and cable TV businesses instead of keeping them somewhat separated, so you have to buy those services from one provider.
  23. AudioGeek

Van Halen better with Roth or Hagar?

David for sure. He was somewhat of a jerk but a helluva front man and a great voice for VH's sound.
  24. AudioGeek

Go check other countries like in Europe, Korea, Taiwan, Japan. The US is just getting those speeds relatively recently for anything near affordable prices.
Back
Top Bottom