Search results

1. nerpissad

how set xctier carry audio usb to see 192?

This from the manual:
  2. nerpissad

Denon 103R

Joseph offers 103's with "lead birdshot mircrodamping" in his hot rodded versions of this cart.
  3. nerpissad

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Yes he is, but I think you can find him by searching for "cartridge_retipping-5" ;)
  4. nerpissad

Best amplifier match for vintage Tannoy HPD's? Whats your experience?

Another Tannoy & Luxman owner here. I power my Tannoys with a C-02/M-02 combo. I'm very pleased with it and don't feel the need to change anything. From the selection you've made, I'd personally pick the Luxman CL35 ii + M1600. And btw, your Berkeley's have the 3828 drivers not the HPD's ;)
  5. nerpissad

stupid question about slipmats.....

Your TT will adjust its speed. The thing you need to worry about is whether the VTA is still correct after you've heightened the platter. I use a leather mat on my Technics and leave the original rubber one off.
  6. nerpissad

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Massive Attack – Collected Label: Virgin – V 3017, EMI – 0094635446517 Format: 3 x Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Compilation
  7. nerpissad

Aphrodite – Aphrodite Recordings Label: V2 – VVR1006951 Format: 6 x Vinyl, 12", Album
  8. nerpissad

Bad Religion - Back to the Known EP Tried to play it today, only to find out it had the wrong record in its sleeve. I was terrified at first as this one is pretty rare and valuable. After freaking out, I then searched for the sleeve of the 'wrong' record and thankfully there it was...
  9. nerpissad

Anyone using a leather mat?

I replaced the standard rubber mat on my 1500C with one like this. 80% leather, 20% rubber. Static is almost never an issue. And yes, you will have to lower the tonearm a little bit..
  10. nerpissad

Just arrived in the mail: King Tubby's* – King At The Control Label: Ranking Joe Universal – RJLP002 Format: Vinyl, LP, Reissue
  11. nerpissad

The Dead South – Good Company Label: DevilDuck Records – DDUCK058 Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress Country: Germany Released: Genre: Folk, World, & Country
  12. nerpissad

David Allan Coe – Penitentiary Blues Label: SSS International – SSS-9 Format: Vinyl, LP, Album Country: US Released: 1969 Genre: Blues, Folk, World, & Country
  13. nerpissad

7” records

For a few of my preferred genres, 7"s were the number one format (probably because it was much cheaper to get pressed). Now, I do not like the format at all, but if you're collecting there's no way around it. I own about 250 but they don't get played at all ;)
  14. nerpissad

Cart storage?

That's going to be my pledge too. 3 mounted carts in the storage box, the fourth on the turntable.
  15. nerpissad

Cart storage?

Finally settled for this one:
  16. nerpissad

Cart storage?

I've been looking for a solution that I like as well. There are many not too pricey options out there: AT6003 for example Personally, I don't think they look nice enough... I like this one much better, which is what I'm contemplating to buy. There are some people that have made their own and...
  17. nerpissad

Burning Spear - Live in Paris '88 (2LP)
  18. nerpissad

Deaf man listening to turntable using Art Dudley’s Altec speakers

Never knew that deaf people could hear music with balloons. Very endearing to watch. What worries me however, is that today even deaf people can apparently hear differences in cables.
  19. nerpissad

Do you have enough records?

Not much fun nowadays to be a vinyl collector as prices have gone up so much. I seem to have moved from second hand vinyl to new re-releases. They are of much better value than the original releases most of the time. My 12 year old son has discovered vinyl as well so we regularly visit shops...
  20. nerpissad

How much did your system cost to put together?

Man, your story gets even better! I think this is the best 'score' story I've read, ever.. Ending up with 20,000 records and playing them once your SP10 is back, I can only imagine the joy that'll bring. I'm sure you will please us with some great pictures of your records and your SP10 once...
  21. nerpissad

Wow, Arden's for $50 and an SP10 for free... :trebon:
  22. nerpissad

Turntable + cart + other accessories = €1900 Pre & Power amps = €1000 Speakers = €1500
  23. nerpissad

Technics SL-1500 feet

I always liked the mnpctech's feet a lot but was held back because of the price (w/ shipping). I settled for similar ones by Isonoe.
  24. nerpissad

Does Everybody Put LP's Back In The Jacket The Correct Way...

For over 30 years I've always aligned the inner sleeve opening with the outer sleeve so that I could get the record out without having to get the inner sleeve out. Only recently (about a month ago) I decided I should do it the 'right' way. People do change!
Back
Top Bottom