Search results

1. gtojon

Beogram RX2 Belt Replacement

Curious Ranier, did you get the belt changed?I need to do the same and and looking for some tips!
  2. gtojon

Just received notice that Bob Crites has passed

Bob did a super job on my EV T35 tweeter repairs, 7 years ago. I literally just reached out to purchase some EV Georgian crossovers, and heard the news. Thoughts and prayers for his family.
  3. gtojon

Bruce Edgar and Bob Crites passed away,rip.

Bob did a super job on my EV T35 tweeter repairs, 7 years ago. I literally just reached out to purchase some EV Georgian crossovers, and heard the news. Thoughts and prayers for his family.
  4. gtojon

NAD 7250PE Right Channel Problems...

Thank you for the reply! I will do just that. Much appreciated. Will report back on how it goes...
  5. gtojon

NAD 7250PE Right Channel Problems...

MCsage- I just powered up my 7250PE after a long sleep. You mentioned you were able to de-ox the volume control which was crackling. Seems mine is doing the same, and the same with the selector knob, it seems better more I use it, switch between cd/aux/phono, etc. Can I ask you how you accessed...
  6. gtojon

EV Georgian crossover question

Ok, update. Bought a known good 16ohm X336 and swapped it out. Definitely a difference, more bass response, overall better clarity. Still not convinced it's matching the right speaker. B&P dials working nice. From what I can tell visually, connections are not corroded. If the reconed woofer has...
  7. gtojon

All great info here, thanks everyone! The T35 and 848HF's are the same in both. I don't know for a fact if both woofers are exactly the same. I do know one got reconed in the mid 1980's. The older speaker has a X336, and the "newer" one (mid 1960's) has a X36, and X325. The speaker in question...
  8. gtojon

Thanks guys for responding. I will take the x336 apart next to see how much tar is in there. This extra X36 has just a bit of tar at the bottom (top when upright) the tar is definitely holding that coil in position, and 2 strands of the coil are buried in the tar. Does the coil generally stay...
  9. gtojon

So, I have a spare X36 crossover and thought I should open it up and see what I'm going to be up against as far as the potted items in my X336. This is what I see. So the tar substance down there, are there more things in there? What am I looking at?!
  10. gtojon

Thanks for the next step. Really appreciate the time you are taking for this. So, I have a couple of crossovers I can try removing the potting material as a test. If I'm successful, then I would try it on the one on the real (X336) one. Are these caps soldered in place? Is it a matter of just...
  11. gtojon

Ok all- I have cleaned all the "brilliance and presence" controls on both Georgians. They were not working properly on the speaker that doesn't sound quite right. The controls work now, full sweep from each control. But this one still doesn't sound like the other one. If someone can give me any...
  12. gtojon

I've had a few including a '69. My first car was a '68. I currently have a '64 convert, and a '70 Judge. But no one here cares, let's talk vintage speakers! Lol.
  13. gtojon

I have some work cut out for me. I really appreciate all the info, and suggestions. These speakers, and system mean a lot to me and I want to keep it sounding as I remember it,
  14. gtojon

Curious what everyone thinks. If I can get the speaker cranking like it should, would it make sense to change the X336 to the dual X325/X36 crossover combo? Would it make any difference?
  15. gtojon

This makes sense, I will check out the threads for more info..
  16. gtojon

Yes the horns are definitely working, though muted and quieter than my other speaker. Thanks for the ideas.
  17. gtojon

Well, trying the 2 "B&P" knobs, I am finding them only allowing sound in a few positions on the dials. I had sprayed some De-Oxit in them a while ago, but was kinda hesitant to really put a lot in each housing...are the symptoms a product of this?? These speakers were built by my Father, in two...
  18. gtojon

Thanks, I really want to keep the original components, or replace them with the same. Though I may find that impossible. They are 16 ohm...
  19. gtojon

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to this thread! The Georgian with the 336 sounds muted, quieter, has less crisp sound/bass than the other one. This has been a gradual issue. Am I assuming correctly that the 336 crossover is going bad?
  20. gtojon

Thanks for posting this, will check it out!
  21. gtojon

Thanks for pumping this up! I appreciate your enthusiasm. The 336 and 325 are the same size dimensionally. The 36 is smaller. From what I see the connections are the same on the 336 and 325. But what's the difference. I'm not an electrical engineer that's for sure...
  22. gtojon

Thanks, checking the thread now. I'm trying to keep the original look of the speakers with orig crossovers...my father built these, first 1 mono, then when stereo came out a 2nd build Note that 1 speaker has X336 (first speaker built) and the other has a X325 with a X36 tied in. Wondering why...
  23. gtojon

Anybody know the difference on the EV X325 vs. the X336? Are they interchangeable?
  24. gtojon

Hi- Any EV fans know the difference between the X325 and X336 crossovers used in vintage Georgian speakers? Are they interchangeable?
  25. gtojon

The tale of two Dynaco ST120

Thanks Conrad, I just found this thread, and the ST120 you are talking about I believe was mine. It sounds great, clean and has more power than before. The Ol' EV Georgians woke up! Thanks again, Jon
Back
Top Bottom