Search results

1. W.ALLEN

Any Schiit Modius Users?

I did read about the Bifrost 2 being upgradeable buy the consumer , did like that . Makes you wonder what the difference would be for 600 more to get the Gungnir MB . Did read good reviews on the Bifrost 2 .
  2. W.ALLEN

Any Schiit Modius Users?

I was thinking that or gungnir multi bit . For the cost of a new one I would consider a used one but don't know how much difference there is between new and one a couple years old . Read the Gungnir MB is a better sounding unit over the Bifrost MB
  3. W.ALLEN

Any Schiit Modius Users?

I did some listening back to back with both DAC's and I do like the Modi MB better . It is smoother sounding . Guess the question is where do I go next to get to the next level .
  4. W.ALLEN

Any Schiit Modius Users?

I have a Modi Multibit and a Peachtree DAC-iTx , The iTx to me is a little bright but sounds good , the Modi Multibit is more laid back sounding , not near as bright and definitely has a much lower bass . I use mine via USB from my PC , listen to Spotify premium . Looking for a sound that is in...
  5. W.ALLEN

Technics SA-600

Thank you , watching that thread for more info
  6. W.ALLEN

Technics SA-600

Here is my SA-600 , bought it not working . My tech fixed it and am listening to it tonight for the first time . Pretty good sounding unit . The only problem is the speaker terminals are definitely not the best . On this one the left terminals on the main and remote speakers are really a pain to...
  7. W.ALLEN

Thinking about a trade

Will see what happens , waiting on a answer .
  8. W.ALLEN

Thinking about a trade

400 to 500
  9. W.ALLEN

Thinking about a trade

He also has a SX1080 available but would have to pay a difference on that one .
  10. W.ALLEN

Thinking about a trade

Although I like the thought of 125 wpc I was thinking the Marantz will hold a better value in the future . I think they are worth about the same now . The Pioneer does have a lot of good things said about it here .
  11. W.ALLEN

Thinking about a trade

I may have a opportunity to trade my Marantz 2252B , all original for a Pioneer SX-D7000 beast . I always like to try different gear and cant keep everything . Usually have to let something go to make room for another piece . So wanted to ask opinions on the trade . The 7000 is also original
  12. W.ALLEN

Score

You don't find deals like that anymore , definitely a good score .
  13. W.ALLEN

CL listing for Yamaha NS 690 I, with tri-amp cabinets in Houston

I saw that and agree I think they are over priced . I have had several sets of the 1's and 2's over the years and should have kept a set , they are nice sounding speakers . I was buying them for 200 to 300 and always got my money back .
  14. W.ALLEN

wlhd1610 comes through again

Bob is the Marantz go to guy , I have bought complete units and parts from him over the years and he is always a trust worthy person . He will take care of you and knows how to pack large and small stuff and ships fast . Thank you Sir
  15. W.ALLEN

Happy Birthday to W.ALLEN!

Thanks for the Birthday wishes , it's been a good day
  16. W.ALLEN

Zenith 5l29 and 9l20 value

I have these in good cosmetic condition , the amp was working but had a bad cord and it smoked the transformer , it did light all the tubes and also the tuner lit up until it went south . What is something like this worth needing repairs . Did the usual Ebay completed sales and didn't find...
  17. W.ALLEN

AR 93 Makeover

I must say they went to a good home , looks like you put a ton of work into them . Glad your pleased with them and you like there sound . It was also nice meeting you too plus glad you where able to same them .
  18. W.ALLEN

Anyone in Houston Tx. Do Tuner Alignments

I sold the unit to a fellow AKer and he had it aligned , he had me send it direct to PunkerX to be gone over .
  19. W.ALLEN

Calling all Texans

Unfortunately this one falls on my Saturday to work but I know there will be another and am looking forward to meeting some folks when the next one is scheduled .
  20. W.ALLEN

Calling all Texans

Definitely not as humid as it is here . This sounds great , looking forward to a get together and swap meet in the vicinity .
  21. W.ALLEN

Vandersteens

I agree sometimes they can be a little bass heavy or bloated as you say but it also depends on the quality of what you are listening to , as with everything some recordings sound good and others not so much . I have several components on my rack and just two sets of speakers that I use , after...
  22. W.ALLEN

Decent HPM pickup for $69

I would say you did very well , I have not heard a set of 900's but am under the impression they sound better than 100's . Put the rest on CL and you should end up with free speakers :)
  23. W.ALLEN

Vandersteens

I have a set of 2CI's that sound good with everything I hook them to , 50wpc and 80wpc vintage 70's receivers and integrated , restored and original plus 200wpc amps . I can't say that about other speakers I have had . Yes 200wpc makes them sound the best but still impressive with lower power as...
  24. W.ALLEN

Better bookshelf buy: Polk Lsi7 or NHT 1.3???

I would go with the NHT's because of what he is using to run them . Not sure about the specs on the 7's but I had 9's and they where 4 ohm and I think the 7's are also . For small speakers they sound good but are very power hungry . I had some small NHT's , don't remember the model number but...
  25. W.ALLEN

Kenwood KR-9400....how much are they worth?

I agree , I have a Kenwood integrated and it is a nice sounding piece .
Back
Top Bottom