Search results

1. CruzBay

Nuts and Volts 2022 issue 4 has a rebuild process of an MC-240 amplifier

Was getting a new monitor for my son a few days ago at Microcenter and noticed an issue of Nuts and Volts in the checkout with an article on rebuilding of a Mcintosh 240.
  2. CruzBay

Interesting article on Mcintosh

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/inside-america-s-legendary-audio-gear-factory?utm_source=pocket-newtab Testing for RF emissions
  3. CruzBay

Radio garden

http://radio.garden/visit/lexington-ky/IyGzb1zB Visit this site and you can hear radio streams from remote locations. Not posting in General as there are too many #####s there.
  4. CruzBay

Trombone version of Bohemian Rhapsody

https://www.wqxr.org/story/all-trombone-cover-bohemian-rhapsody-balm-your-weary-soul/?fbclid=IwAR1sgwInEiKA-_vNh_btn-RTK1wdxYFqOakOkm7_e2dlqi27oCLVoP-EWVY Maybe wrong forum...
  5. CruzBay

Was going through some old files, Mcintosh Pocket Sales Guide...

Looking for my bench writeups for my 2600's, and having no luck. Found my C-29 sheet, C-20 sheet and a few others, but knowing how some of you like specifications and documents... Only 10 per thread, there are 5 more pages left, missing Receivers, Remote control system, and Loudspeakers. I'll...
  6. CruzBay

OK, Tony, you've won this one...

7. CruzBay

Mcintosh MC-250 Humming power transformer, am going to recap; your thoughts?

Hi folks, I'm not a component level guy yet, but I've been inside these things many times. I've also been in television engineering for some time, so it's unlikely I'll defibrillate myself by accident. I've got an MC-250 I've had since the late 90's that's recently developed an intermittent...
  8. CruzBay

Found a pair of MC-1201's in a pawnshop...

Was waiting on some Pho take-out that I ordered, went into a pawnshop next to the place. Expecting the usual litany of often stolen low grade audio (it was there) but to find near the back- a pair of MC-1201's in really good shape. Not all that interested in them, as I've got a marriage I'm...
  9. CruzBay

Speaker building question 5 cu ft available

Hi folks, after some construction, the builder left 2 hollow columns in what is now my shop area. The columns are square, about 18 inches at the base, 8 inches at the top, and are 6 feet tall. (Inside measurements) So I'm estimating the total interior volume at 6 cu ft. The column is a...
  10. CruzBay

Precision 10-12 tube tester opinions

Hi folks, I've had this tester forever, and it continues to function well. I'm interested in knowing where it fits in the pantheon of tube testers; some of you own several. Yes. I've Googled, it looks like a standard emission tester, but is that all? What's "Electronamic" mean? Marketing...
  11. CruzBay

FIOS Remote codes fro a Pioneer bdp-23fd

Hi folks, I did a search but found nothing, are there dvd codes available that allow your FIOS remote to control the above Pioneer player? I'm guessing no as all the DVD codes have to be preprogrammed into the remote. Yes, I could use the Pioneer's remote, and program the FIOS box into...
  12. CruzBay

Mcintosh cabinet external dimensions

Hi folks, I'm in the market for a rack, Billy Bags stuff looks like it's going to get the call, but before I select a rack, or go to the extra expense of having one made, I'm looking for cabinet outer dimensions. The sticky (and all the other information I've found) has internal dim's, not...
  13. CruzBay

Best AM tuner around, new or used

Hi guys, I've got several Mcintosh tuners, all FM only, but now I've got to start thinking AM. I'm looking for an AM tuner that's easy to use/tune, and is good about pulling in stations. I've got an older Mcintosh system that's been relegated to a remote room, but with a good tuner I can move...
  14. CruzBay

Jumping ship

Hi everyone, I've decided to go with Bryston amplifiers and a Meridian processor for my new house. I had also planned for a pair of XRT-28's running the fronts, but the threads saying that you had to tilt the speakers to get a center image in a sitting position has spooked me. I'm...
  15. CruzBay

Conditioning capacitors in old gear

Hi folks, what's the deal on the variac restarting of long unused gear? Yes, I've done it; some of you know my background. Does it somehow rebuild the oxide layer on the capacitors themselves? Reason being that I've just gotten a mate to the MC-60 I've had for years, along with a (semi) mate...
  16. CruzBay

Anyone got any thought on the Thorens TD-521?

I've got one that's NIB, and I've never set one up. I worked for a high end dealer and bought it from their stock when they went out of business in the early 90's. Along with the table, I bought a Premier FT-4 tonearm that's also NIB. I understand the tonearm very well, and know the 521 to be...
  17. CruzBay

Used/new gear prices

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a location that'd have original retail prices for gear that's about 10 years old. The company I work for has some old gear that it needs insurance information on. Current valuation would be nice, but not really needed. Thanks! Mike
  18. CruzBay

General electronic cleaning query

Hi folks, a number of years ago I was a technician at a local Mcintosh dealer doing partly sales and partly electronic tune-ups. What I was trained to use was the Cramolin 3 part cleaning system; Cramolin red, Caeon tuner cleaner to remove the dirt (and the red) and a follow up with Cramolin...
  19. CruzBay

Faroudja VP400a opportunity

Hi folks, I've got an opportunity to purchase the line quadrupler above and I was wondering if it was a good idea. My video system's centered around a Meridian G-68 processor and probably a Piioneer Elite plasma or a Sony Ruby. I've seen an NTSC signal to a Barco 808 with and without this...
Back
Top Bottom