Search results

1. audmod01

A-500 Arrived today!

Today the A-500 arrived. It was on a delivery truck from FedEx along with its companion F500 FM tuner. Unfortunately the tuner did not make it. It fell off the truck onto the highway and a man spotted it and picked it up and then called me. FedEx will pick it up from him and examine the unit and...
  2. audmod01

Restoring H-K A-300, an old friend

This Harman-Kardon A-300, S/N 6525759, was originally purchased by me about 1963 from Berkman’s Hi-Fi in Austin, TX. I used it for some years and gave it to my sister about 1968. She used it from about 1968-2005 when she gave it and its companion Harman-Kardon F-50-XK FM tuner back to me. In the...
  3. audmod01

Fisher RS-1060/1080 Schematics

I see that my last post about the RS1060and RS 1080 was way last year! I finally managed to get the schematics for both units redrawn. The Hi-Fi Engine service manual scanned images are OK for all the pages except the schematics. The schematics are terrible. I am sending just those two pages as...
  4. audmod01

Technics SL-B20 turntable EPC-P28 repacement cartridge & stylus

I am dealing with a Technics SL-B20 turntable that appears to have a replacement P mount cartridge by Audio-Technica in the tone arm. The service manual for the SL-B20 turntable shows the original cartridge was their part number EPC-28ES. The unit actually has an Audio-Technica AT81E cartridge...
  5. audmod01

Replacing 800-C Volume Control

I began work today replacing a volume control in a Fisher 800-C that I had previously restored and modified. The AC switch had gone bad on the old control. I bought a completely new control and switch from a source on eBay. I thought this was going to be a straight-forward replacement. The...
  6. audmod01

Report on the Fisher FM-2310 AM-FM Tuner

Today I got around to checking the Fisher FM-2310 AM-FM tuner I acquired a while back. I took the top cover off and looked inside. I found that there are two circuit boards, one for the power supply (which includes the Deviation/Multipath circuitry) and one for the AM-FM IF MPX and audio...
  7. audmod01

Kenwood KT-9900 Acquired

I received a Kenwood KT-9900 AM/FM Stereo tuner yesterday. Today I got around to verifying its operation and I am very pleased with the results. Excellent quieting even of a distant station with a strong local station at alternate channel on the dial (-9dBm local and -59dBm distant). The front...
  8. audmod01

Kenwood KT-8300 Service Manual question

I have a fairly decent copy of the Kenwood KT-8300/9900 service manual, however the second page has an area at the lower 1/2 of the page that turned out so dark that it is unreadable. If one of you has an original or high quality copy of the service manual I would like to get a nice scan of just...
  9. audmod01

Fisher 360?

Do any of you know anything about this Fisher 360? Is it a model number or a chassis number? And what would be the year(s) of production? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-360-Vintage-Chrome-2-Chassis-Mono-Tube-Amplifier/333240070399?hash=item4d96a7f0ff:g:d4UAAOSw-A1dCvC8 Joe
  10. audmod01

Fisher FM-2310 late high end design

I recently bought a Fisher FM-2310 AM-FM tuner from epay. This is one of Fisher's last high end designs for an AM-FM stereo tuner. It has an aluminum face panel with simple markings, signal level meter, center of channel tuning meter and deviation/multipath meters in the front panel. The dial is...
  11. audmod01

Need Schematic for a Fisher FM-7000

Do any of you have a schematic for a Fisher FM-7000? Please let me know if you do. Thanks in advance. Joe
  12. audmod01

Fisher 90-T AM-FM Tuner/Preamp

I recently bought a Fisher 90-T which was originally sold in CA. It is surprisingly clean for one of its age. It was missing two 12AX7s and shields. I had both the tubes and the shields. It also was missing its EZ80 rectifier tube. I checked all my tubes and did not have any. I did have left...
  13. audmod01

1958 Fisher President

I see that there is a 1958 Fisher President currently on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1958-Fisher-President-Tube-Stereo-Console-Beautiful-WORKS-dual-80AZ-Amps/123516416840?hash=item1cc226f348:rk:39:pf:0 I hope that someone who is wealthy can afford to get this unit and preserve it for...
  14. audmod01

X-202-B Acquired

Recently I acquired a Fisher X-202-B from the internet. It is missing the jewel at the left end of the set on the front panel. What is the correct color of jewel for that position? Joe
  15. audmod01

800-C Restoration

Thanks to Matt, I now have an 800-C to restore. He had one output transformer and I had another one I bought from the internet. I have ordered a set of knob brights and I have one question regarding them - The two knobs at the top on either side of the dial (speaker selector knob and tuning...
  16. audmod01

Fisher 90-R AM/FM Tuner

I have a Fisher 90-R AM/FM Tuner that I am checking out. So far the AM works OK as does the EM84 (although dim). On FM there is no indication of reception. I had to replace one 6JB6 IF tube to get the AM working. The V5 6BH6 was weak and I replaced it with a better used 6BH6 that I had on hand...
  17. audmod01

Fisher Radio Model 300 MPX Signal Generator

I recently spotted one of the Fisher Radio Model 300 MPX Signal Generators on eBay and bought it. The seller was in Boulder, Colorado and so the shipment to my location in Texas was in record time. The unit is in pretty decent condition externally. The metal brackets that hold the leather strap...
  18. audmod01

Model 600 Schematic/Parts List Question

I have been working on cleaning up and annotating the schematic for the Fisher model 600, their first tube type AM-FM Multiplex receiver. On the schematic page 3 a capacitor identified as C149 is shown connected to pin-6 of V10 the 6FG6/EM84 eye tube for the AM circuitry. It is shown close to...
  19. audmod01

Dual versus Elac Miracord

I am considering either a Dual or an Elac Benjamin Miracord turntable for a system. Which ones seem to be the most reliable or easiest to repair? Both seem to have similar features, either synchronous motors or variable rpm adjustments plus tracking force and anti-skating adjustments. I do note...
  20. audmod01

FM-100-B Owner's Manual

Do any of you have a copy of the FM-100-B owner's manual that you could scan and send to me by e-mail? I have a friend who bought one recently and he has the service manual thanks to the AK database, but no owner's manual/. Thanks in advance. Joe
  21. audmod01

Fisher Electra VI Owner's Manual

Does anyone have a Fisher Electra VI owner's manual they could scan and send files to me? Thanks in advance. Joe
  22. audmod01

MF-300 & Remote Control Acquired

I contacted the person on eBay who was selling an X-202-B and MF-300 combination with remote control and managed to persuade him to separate the tuner and remote from the X-202-B and completed a deal on it today. It should arrive by Nov 11. I was fortunate to obtain this unit complete with the...
  23. audmod01

X-202-B and MF-300 plus Remote on eBay

This morning a Fisher X-202-B and MF-300 with its remote control receiver and hand unit are on eBay. The asking price is $2600. For those who may be interested, it would be a nice system to have. See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/182862207956?ul_noapp=true Joe
  24. audmod01

Fisher 400CX on ePay

There is currently a Fisher 400CX on ePay which is not in the best of shape, but could be a good performer. Its faceplate has had all of its lettering removed due to poor restoration effort in the past. Its power transformer is a replacement and looks like it has a separate filament transformer...
  25. audmod01

Marantz 170DC blowing one channel instantly

Years ago my Marantz 170DC blew one channel after a strong spike of audio hit it from a source. I tried doing the repairs myself and replaced every transistor in the one channel except for the dual FET IC (which may actually be the problem). I do not know of a replacement for this item. I used a...
Back
Top Bottom