Search results

1. ~Maxx

Any studio nerds? Thinking of setting up a writing studio...

So the last week has been quite an adventure. If nobody minds, I'm going to go ahead and keep this thread going until I reach a point of actually sharing some tracks. I went out and found a super cheap knockoff of a jazz bass. Jay Turser is not known for making quality instruments, and...
  2. ~Maxx

Alrighty then... How 'bout one more round of pics before I finally get to do some recording on this monstrosity. I ordered the desk the other day. Had to wait for it to arrive so I could measure the wheel shank and order the upgraded casters. Got it all put together and set up today. Also...
  3. ~Maxx

Well... I think I'm pretty well set up here as far as connections go. I bought 10' cables for the USB MIDI interface, ADAT, and S/PDIF signals going to the PC. This gets me back from the desk and into position between the speakers. I did a bunch of reading on the word sync subject, and I...
  4. ~Maxx

Interesting! I never could find a wine I was crazy about. But my favorites have always been the home brews. Clearly I'm one who easily loses sight of that! :rflmao: And today's state of the union address... I spoke with someone in Tascam's parts dept yesterday, and the replacement for...
  5. ~Maxx

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Haven't had a lot of time for tunage lately. This seemed appropriate...
  6. ~Maxx

Thanks for chiming in Bill. That is definitely my kinda setup! What are you using for monitors there? And whatcha drinkin'? :cool: I gave some serious thought to just using this old Fostex recorder instead of going the software route. But was so looking forward to getting 8 separate tracks...
  7. ~Maxx

Another update... I sat down the other day and got all faders and knobs assigned to their respective channels in Sonar. Still no luck with the solo and rec. arm functions on the mixer. Guess I'll just have to deal as I'm quickly running out of ambition in the setup phase. During this process...
  8. ~Maxx

Found a fantastic original Electra pressing of this the other day, and am just now spinning it. Definitely an upgrade from my current pressing (also OG Electra).
  9. ~Maxx

Although I've been quiet this last week, I haven't been idle on this project. Got everything racked up on the stand (some scraps of wood cut to size and covered with contact paper made a nice surface for the mixer), cabled up the MIDI interface, and got all 8 outputs from the drum machines run...
  10. ~Maxx

Ah I was so excited when I heard this album was in the works. "I'm gonna do one more with Jimmy", Meat said. Well Marvin... Calling someone long distance in Europe once a week and getting his "approval" on the tracks your studio crony stitched together in ProTools with his sequencer doesn't...
  11. ~Maxx

Been reading and tinkering instead of listening. Enough of that. After all - how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your...
  12. ~Maxx

I've had my eye out for this a LONG time. Very nice! Agreed 100%!!
  13. ~Maxx

I was in and out all day long, and haven't had a chance to listen much. Moving on from Buddy Guy...
  14. ~Maxx

So I had a little anxiety about the software last night. Sorry 'bout that. Software is my kryptonite. I got Sonar installed, and spent several hours trying to figure out why the EMU ASIO driver wasn't showing up. Then I noticed I had apparently installed ASIO4All at some point. Sonar didn't...
  15. ~Maxx

Need help with garage setup...

Nicely done! Now you've got the means to add on if you want. Get yourself up and running and let us know how it works for you. Enjoy!
  16. ~Maxx

Digging into this software. I was going to just install everything and see what happened, but I really don't want that mess on my computer. Maybe someone can help me decipher what all of these are? Then I can install and test what I think might be useful. I had Sonar installed on this same...
  17. ~Maxx

Thanks! You're right about the surface area. I was initially going figure out a way to mount that mixer on the horizontal top of the rack stand (it tilts obviously), put whatever rack gear below, and then get that little rolling desk for drum machine, mouse and keyboard, etc... But I'm...
  18. ~Maxx

By the way Semanon... I was looking at those Focusrite's a while back (as in a few years ago), and they do seem right up my ally. Pretty sure I'll have to put a new PC together before I pull that trigger. And I have no idea what's out there as far as modern software (other than ProTools), but...
  19. ~Maxx

Here's a couple shots of my room. I re-measured, and it's actually 11 1/2' x 21 1/2'. Basement of a late 1960's home with a poured foundation. So my front and side walls are concrete with the old wood paneling, door, and staircase "sonic hellhole" at the rear. Bass traps have been on the...
  20. ~Maxx

Skipping over "Blues Singer".
Back
Top Bottom