Search results

1. L

Have a good bourbon lately?

Knob Creek for me!
  2. L

Any BGW fans out there?

replace tantalums with low ESR electrolytic caps.
  3. L

Do you like horns?

JBL 2360As for me
  4. L

Acoustic foam on amazon?

AFAIK this material is not "fire rated." Use it at your own peril. I prefer to use non-flammable materials for acoustic purposes. My favorite is Roxul "Rockboard 60.".
  5. L

Welcome to the world of James B. Lansing

Superb idea. Count me in!
  6. L

What kind of tweeter do you prefer ??

JBL 2404 for me!
  7. L

Cheap sound absorbers, what have you tried?

Roxul RockBoard 60 makes very cheap and efficient sound absorbers. This product doesn't cause skin irritation like fiberglass. You can cut it to size with a bread knife and a steel ruler.
  8. L

Any BGW fans out there?

DeOxit is great stuff. Didn't have any and I needed a quick repair for the noise problem.
  9. L

Any BGW fans out there?

Another *SERVICE NOTE* for older BGW amps revolves around the use of MOLEX multi-pin connectors to attach the power modules to the amp's wiring harness. (The larger BGW amps use octal plugs / sockets and are subject to the same time mediated malady.) I have a large fleet of BGW 150 (1 RU...
  10. L

Any BGW fans out there?

Physical size is the reason low ESR electrolytic or tantalum caps are used. Film types of the specified voltage and capacitance are just too large for the PCB space. :-(
  11. L

Altec find

Be careful with those valuable speakers. Don't feed low frequencies into the coaxial horns -- doing so will blow the diaphragms. Go to the Great Plains Sound website and get the data sheet for those drivers!
  12. L

Any BGW fans out there?

The major issue with most of the older BGW amps is the tantalum capacitors used on the PCBs. Replace those tantalum caps with the same rating low-ESR electrolytic caps and you will notice a significant improvement in sound quality. :music: Make sure you get the polarity right on the new caps...
  13. L

Another BGW lover?

Another BGW lover?
  14. L

Consensus best 828 Altec horn combo?

Why would you want to get rid of your 2360A / 2446 combo? It is a much more advanced design (by D. B Keele) than the old Altec sectoral horns. One of my home theater setups uses 2360A's and 2446's -- and I will never return to the older stuff. The only drawback is with the 2360A's is size / WAF...
  15. L

BGW amp intermittant channel- Help?

Relay Suggest you look at the output (aka de-thump) relay. These devices oftne go intermittent.
  16. L

How do the classic JBL horn designs compare....

2360a I love my JBL 2360As...
  17. L

Sony TA-E9000ES Pre amp

Try these sites for info on the Sony processor: http://www.holtmods.com/ta-e9000es.htm http://home.online.no/~espen-b/ta-e9000es/index.html http://members.iinet.net.au/~rutlidge/TA-E9000ES-Tech.html
  18. L

Altec Lansing Speaker System

Fakes Radio Shack woofers...? Looks like a scam...
  19. L

Help with Bose 1801 Amp

Just get some 1/4" phone to RCA adapters. Parts Express sells them.
  20. L

Home Made Lascala Find (Robscala's)

JBL 2350s The JBL 2350s with a large format compression driver (2445) will go MUCH lower than that.
  21. L

Are You Below 40?

JBL Pro line Quantity 4 cabinets, 12 cu. ft. tuned to 30 Hz, each with a JBL 2245H 18" driver. Powered by two BGW 750C power amps.
  22. L

Home Made Lascala Find (Robscala's)

Jbl 2350 They are much too wide to fit in that enclosure. With a proper JBL 2" throat compression driver, they will go much lower than the 8 HDs.
  23. L

Workhorse Components.

BWG Amps BGW 750c BGW 250d BGW 150
  24. L

like I needed another project - BGW

great amp I have been using BGW amps for over 40 years. They are commercial duty amps and built like tanks. If you need more power then look for a BGW 750C. If you are NOT hearing any pops, sizzles or farts from the amp, leave it as is and enjoy it. If it is making noises, the first place to...
  25. L

Kubaki Car - Or how to destroy a new Camaro by throwing $30K at it.

P. O. S. :thumbsdn: P. O. S. :thumbsdn:
Back
Top Bottom