Search results

1. dru1487

Help me identify this Jazz song

Thanks for the reply, but that's not it. The song you mentioned started in Season 4, and is sung by Seinfeld as the opening theme. The song I am referring too is a Jazz song. Doesn't sound current to me.
  2. dru1487

Help me identify this Jazz song

I just heard a sample of a Jazz song, (maybe a little funk in there too) on a new Jerry Seinfeld show. Sorry for the commercial in the beginning, but the track starts right after the commercial ends. I tried to Shazam it, but had no luck. Appreciate the help! Here is the link to the video The...
  3. dru1487

Album Wishlist

Nothing too crazy, but I've been trying to track down Paul Pena's New Train album. Been eluding me so far.
  4. dru1487

Just scored 1000 45's for free!

Does anyone know what the little shite sticker on the label means in the link below? I have seen some Sun Records with them, but most without. http://www.popsike.com/CARL-PERKINS-GONE-GONE-GONE-SUN-224/190558728008.html
  5. dru1487

where can I get a price guide? I know I have Federal, Dot, and Imperial off the top of my head. Another one was Laurie. I'll post a list of all the labels I have once get a chance.
  6. dru1487

well looks like I made a good score here. Lots of rare(ish) records. Have about 10 from Sun Records, 5 Chess, bunch of Beatles, Elvis, some cool promo ones. Going to start cataloguing them to see exactly what I have. But seems like their is some money to be made! They def need a good...
  7. dru1487

Starting going through these. Has every artist you can think of. Think I'm going to sort them by label. Anyone know of any rare labels? Have my work cut out for me!
  8. dru1487

Just scored 1000 45's for free. Some rare gems! Hi guys - just picked up roughly 1000 45's on Craigslist from a guy that use to be a DJ. Haven't had a chance to go through them just yet, but is their anything I should keep an eye out for?
  9. dru1487

Ikea Besta is the Best!!

wgb113 - what bookcase is the one you have your turntable on? I am looking for something that will hold two rows of LP's and yours seems to have that.
  10. dru1487

First record show...what can I expect?

what do you mean that you can restore the records to great listening quality? Just give them a good cleaning?
  11. dru1487

I am starting to realize that I think my taste carries a higher price tag for some reason. So I need to start to take that into account. As for that $20 P-Funk album, I can buy that album anywhere and everywhere for $20...so why buy it a show? I feel like the record shows are to score some...
  12. dru1487

Speaker recommendation for 2215

might be picking up a pair of Ohm Model L's from Craigslist. Newly refoamed. Anyone have any input on them?
  13. dru1487

I purchased two records from a "half off" box. One was orignally 7 and the other was 5...so I got those for $6 total which was a good deal so I didn't haggle. The 4 others total came to $34 and I offered $30...the guy accepted right away. Afterwards I thought maybe I should have gone lower...
  14. dru1487

Today's Funk playlist

The Meters - Fire on the Bayou Talkin' 'bout New Orleans is a great track!
  15. dru1487

Hey guys - the show went just okay. Only ended up purchasing 6 records... B.B King - In London Wilson Pickett - Best of Slave - Stone Jam Stevie Wonder Innervisions Peter Brown - Do you wanna get funky? Sly and the Family Stone - Life I am not sure if I was just naive but I thought the prices...
  16. dru1487

yup, I am going to the Chelmsford show! haha Good advice with the bag...need to keep the hands free!!
  17. dru1487

are the records generally sorted well? Into genre's, artists, etc
  18. dru1487

Hi guys - will be heading to my first record show this weekend. Anyone have experience with these? Admission is free so if it's crappy no big deal. How are prices at these things? Can you haggle on price?
  19. dru1487

Cut power cord

replaced cord and the unit powered up! lamps are out, and power button will need to be replaced, and a good cleaning but that's all. Has to be pushed in/out like 10 times before it turns on. But looks like I got lucky on this one!
  20. dru1487

Darker stain on wc-10?

stain can always be easily removed by new owner if they wanted too. I say go for it. Enjoy it while you have it!
  21. dru1487

Thorens TD 166 MKII

if you look up completed/sold auctions on Ebay...one just sold for 500+ and one for 700+ I've read the descriptions liek 10 times because I feel like I am missing something.
  22. dru1487

Thorens TD 166 MKII

so why are these selling for $500 and $700 on Ebay. I'm confused.
  23. dru1487

Thorens TD 166 MKII

Unit is in good condition, works fine, has original dustcover, Astatic cartridge and stylus. What do you think for a price?
  24. dru1487

Cut power cord

here is where I stand so far with this. Power button is fine, just needed a cleaning and it seems to be working properly now. There doesn't appear to be anything missing from the inside. I have another working 2215 and when I compare them side by side, they look the same. Except the one...
  25. dru1487

Marantz 2215 bridge rectifier

I need a bridge rectifier replacement for my 2215 and am having trouble finding the correct part. Any suggestions? thx!
Back
Top Bottom