Search results

1. Gary D Olson

Challenge for the modern fans - The best $1000 system.

If you want cutting edge, look no further than pro audio. Advertising alone doesn't work in this market because 1. pro's need great sound, 2. pro's know great sound, and therefore 3. pro's WILL return anything that doesn't sound great. JBL's rep in the consumer market isn't what it used to be...
  2. Gary D Olson

Desperate to save my all-time favorite receiver

Thanks for that. Definitely not forgotten. The band is Moral DK and sort of sounds like Ramones meets Billy Idol. The 1st CD is different because it started out as a solo project of our guitar player. We all had so much fun together recording it that we decided to turn it in to a band, so it's...
  3. Gary D Olson

Sorry about that.
  4. Gary D Olson

Working on record #2 and recording it ourselves due to COVID, so 1025-R project still on hold. Damn, I miss the sound of this receiver.
  5. Gary D Olson

C70: Fuse Blew

Ordered. Thanks.
  6. Gary D Olson

No parts ordered yet. I understand this is an insignificant capacitor but I want to get everything very right. That said, either of these the one you'd put in yours (neither are north of $1.00)? … for tight tolerance keeping to rated spec: UKL1H100KDDANA Datasheet Digi-Key Part Number...
  7. Gary D Olson

Will do on the cap. To be clear, is the OL test reading on the rectifier a good reading? (remember: at best I'm an igoramous with blazing hot ADD)
  8. Gary D Olson

The test I refer to was the one that initially measured 7.1 which is when things got serious.
  9. Gary D Olson

Putting everything back together I found multiple issues that could cause a short, and did my best to resolve them. Problem: one of the pins on the 50v 10uf cap broke off, so either way I have a non functioning C70. I did however do this test over (in ohms mode) and all pins registered OL. Not...
  10. Gary D Olson

Guess I forgot what bird he worked on. F-14's?
  11. Gary D Olson

That LIAR!
  12. Gary D Olson

My brother was an F-15 mechanic on a carrier in 76-78. The wash from one of those predators blew him half way to the edge of the ship, shedding skin the whole way. Blood transfusion in the Philippines that gave him kidney disease which came a whisper from killing him 20 years later. New kidney...
  13. Gary D Olson

As common as incompetence, I bet.
  14. Gary D Olson

Nobody's questioning my incompetency.
  15. Gary D Olson

17.6 k
  16. Gary D Olson

17.75ohms
  17. Gary D Olson

Post 92 was about the resistor the jumper reads between 0 and 0.2 ohms
  18. Gary D Olson

between 0 and 0.2
  19. Gary D Olson

"Continuity check with the ohms function" 6.7 ohms
  20. Gary D Olson

Continuity check of that jumper from the back of the board is 0.000v. I'm guessing that's not good? The resistor is reading 6.7 ohms and going by your 18k reference, probably not good too?
  21. Gary D Olson

Thanks. Previous owner's schmutz.
  22. Gary D Olson

You mean as in "poof"? After you had me remove the 1st two caps... C70 Corrosion by Gary D Olson posted Apr 30, 2020 at 2:06 PM
  23. Gary D Olson

Comment by 'Gary D Olson' in media 'C70 Missing Part'

I bought this Yamaha C70 preamp a few years ago and it's been a champ until recently. It started giving me trouble recently and when I opened it up this is what I found. There were no parts rattling around the case, so this part must have been removed by its previous owner, yet it performed...
  24. Gary D Olson

This photo shows a space on the C70 board that looks like something once occupied it but was ripped right off. I certainly didn't remove it, so then how is it that this unit has performed well over the past few years? Baffling. C70 Missing Part by Gary D Olson posted Apr 30, 2020 at 12:24 PM
  25. C70 Missing Part

C70 Missing Part

Back
Top Bottom