Search results

1. F

Turntable noise

Hi everybody, I have a Technics SL-BD22D which makes a strange hum when the motor starts to spin. It happens for each spin and it lasts a quarter of a spin, it goes away and happens again in the same angle range... what could it be?
  2. F

Marantz 1030

Forgot to say that when I changed the caps, I tried it (i was still in the us) and it didn't show this problem...
  3. F

Marantz 1030

Hi everybody, I have a problem with my my 1030... I bought it used in the US and I immediately changed all the capacitors... I then got back to my country (Italy) and I decided to change the transistors as well, since the amplifier was making a very strange noise... I then bought a...
  4. F

Marantz 1030 restoration project: pics and final steps questions

Okay guys I have purchased some 1845 transistors from my local store What should I do in order to verify them? I only have a multimeter... I was also thinking of soldering some female headers instead of soldering the transistors directly to the board and then plugging in the transistors... Is...
  5. F

my question is: is the 2sc1313 that I possess a good alternative?
  6. F

I was told to stay away from the 458 since they are extremely noisy... isn't that true?
  7. F

finished amp (no faceplate cleaning) after the knob/faceplate cleaning
  8. F

I everybody... I'm finally almost done with my 1030 restoration (I'm posting some pictures of my work). However, I noticed that the amplifier is pretty quiet when it's turned on but then, after 15/20 mins, it starts to emit a lot of white noise from both speakers... I decided to change the leaky...
  9. F

Substitute for 2SC458?

I went to a local Electronic store in order to change my 2sc458 trans... They told me that the 2240 are not longer available and that a good replacement is the japanese 2sc1313... What do you think? Is that a good replacement? What about noise performances?
  10. F

2sc458, 2sc2240 Clarification please

I went to a local Electronic store in order to change my 2sc458 trans... They told me that the 2240 are not longer available and that a good replacement is the japanese 2sc1313... What do you think? Is that a good replacement? What about noise performances?
  11. F

Marantz 1030 in Europe

so I guess I'm going to replace the 2SC458 with 2SC2240s... is that a good substitution? Also, after I change the transistors, do I need to re-set something? I mean like some bias? Is it ready to go as soon as I switch off my soldering iron?
  12. F

Marantz 1030 in Europe

I was the one who recapped it actually :) for the thermal bond between the transistor and the heat sink I used silicon thermal compound: is that good?
  13. F

Marantz 1030 in Europe

Here you go: I have another question: I noticed that when I turn on the amplifier, it is very quiet and even at full volume the noise is limited... However, after 15-30 min, it starts getting very noisy and white noise can be clearly heard even at only 1/4 of the volume... I assume it's...
  14. F

Marantz 1030 in Europe

I checked but my amplifier has no connections inside... I previously checked in the manual but my amplifier is actually different from the pics in the manual...
  15. F

Marantz 1030 in Europe

Hi everybody, I'm trying to use my marantz 1030 in Italy. It is a us version without the internal switch to go to 240v... Is there a way to modify the transformer in order to make it work at 240? If not, can I use a power transformer?
  16. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

my amp doesn't have the jumpers in the back... is there another way to unlink the pre to the amp? Also, can I test the transistors without removing them?
  17. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

Can you explain me the exact wiring and where I need to place the jumpers? I have a jack->RCA cable. Thanks for your help
  18. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

I have no other amplifier, how can I test it? I heard that this might also be a dying transistor... Correct?
  19. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

yes I sprayed some CRC Electronic cleaner on the boards with the amp off... Anyways, the noise is very low at volume zero and increases with the volume. At volume 5 (no inputs) the white noise is very loud (same amount from L and R). However, when I push the volume all the way it suddenly gets a...
  20. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

yes, both channels, all inputs... very strong when the volume is low...
  21. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

DBT test worked fine! I tried the amplifier and everything is working fine... However, it looks to me that the amplifier is a little bit noisy, what can it be? is there a way to fix this?
  22. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

ok guys, I recapped the 1030... looks really nice now!... I have some questions: I looked into the service manual and apparently a lot of instrument are needed to test the performances (distortion analyzer, oscilloscope, wattmeter, 8 ohm dummy load, etc...) Unfortunately I only possess a (good)...
  23. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

ok guys, I recapped the 1030... looks really nice now!... I have some questions: I looked into the service manual and apparently a lot of instrument are needed to test the performances (distortion analyzer, oscilloscope, wattmeter, 8 ohm dummy load, etc...) Unfortunately I only possess a (good)...
  24. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

ok thanks... and what about the capacitors? I noticed the bass are not really present, is there a way to improve the performances by tweaking some of the capacitors value? Also, I was told to increase the capacity of the big capacitors, is it correct? Sorry for the newbie question...
  25. F

Marantz 1030 restoration

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and I just bought a 1030 on ebay for 30 bucks... I would like to restore it and make it last for some other time... I was told a recap is almost necessary, and I downloaded the part list from Hi fi engine. Do I need to use the same values or is there something that can...
Back
Top Bottom