Search results

1. markkb

It’s only Art if you say so…

OHMS….near the cliff house in San Francisco. This is the Pacific Ocean entrance to the SF Bay. Golden Gate is just barely seen above the S…….Post your found or created Electric / Music / Stereo / Live…..Artwork
  2. markkb

ADS L520 Re-cap

Good day, I recapped some ADS L520’s for a friend, who is the original owner. Thought I’d post this as the ADS speakers have a PCB crossover that’s interesting to me. We used Clarity caps. The cheaper 18 uF PX for the larger value (original was 20), and 6.8 uF CSA for the tweeter cap. I like...
  3. markkb

9090 DC spikes on outputs and speakers solved

I was getting occasional zap-thwat-switht-zpfft sounds from my right channel audible through my speakers. It eventually got to be too frequent to ignore, and I pulled the 9090 out. I checked the bias and DC offset, during the DC offset check I observed the current spiked up on the voltmeter...
  4. markkb

Hardly strictly bluegrass HSB 2019

Hey now! HSB in Golden Gate Park. You can live stream the festival, also click on archive for past performances of this weekend and years past. http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/2019/ Saw The Waterboys and Chuck Prophet yesterday streamed Yola (very soulful) and Hot Tuna today. Great...
  5. markkb

May I Suggest....

...some Miles Davis Bitches Brew to quench the thirst? . ...the box set is worth seeking out, and now happens to be the time to seek out the seasonal Dogfish Head version as well.
  6. markkb

Wharfedale W60 Rebuild

Hi, Rebuild, refurbish, restore, I guess they all apply. I have 3 goals for these circa 1964 speakers: 1. Replace the grill cloth 2. Possibly re-cap 3. Refinish 1. For the grill cloth, does anyone have a source for this specific type of cloth? I recall reading about that, but couldn't find...
  7. markkb

Acoustic Research grill cloth

Hi, I just want to pass on that the 18 Count Lambswool Linen Fabric 36x55 by Wichelt 100% linen is on sale at 123stitch. (Current date January 21, 2017). From my research here and at classic speaker pages a 27x36 is enough to do one pair of AR3A size speakers. Not a great sale but you save more...
  8. markkb

9090 four channel adaptor

Hi, I'm looking for insight on what to do with the four channel adaptor function on the Sansui 9090. I assume one of the Sansui QS synthesizer/amps, like the QS-500 would work with it, but....I don't think i'd go quad this way if i wanted to. So my question is what can one do with that...
  9. markkb

Connecting additional amp to integrated amp

Hi, This is my first post here, but i've been soaking in lot's of vintage knowledge. I have a Sansui AU 9900, and i'd like to hook up another amp to run another set of speakers, or zone. Is there a downside to splitting the preamp output with a Y, and feeding back into the integrated and also...
Back
Top Bottom