Search results

1. marqueemoon2

Marantz 2230 find with issues

Copy that Steve. My assumption is the same as yours. The blown fuse is obviously concerning considering that I can't find any issue on the amp boards or with the outputs.
  2. marqueemoon2

Marantz 2230 find with issues

Scored a craigslist 2230, dim bulbed it and it passed. Applied some audio through the Aux and the right channel works (with some static) left channel is dead to the world. Powered it off, disconnected the aux and headphones and powered her back on. Immediately the 2.5 fuse blows and I see a...
  3. marqueemoon2

2000x Value

Well hello, I am new to the world of Sansui and I have a question for the experts. A local guy wants to sell his partially working 2000x for 220$. One channel is out, the other sounds great. My diagnosis and repair skills have gotten pretty strong so I am not afraid of the blown channel, it's...
  4. marqueemoon2

Marantz 1060 700 Board Transistor Substitute

Hey there Audiokarma brethren. I have a few bad transistors on the 700 board (H705 and H707) and I was curious if anyone had any suggestions for replacements. These are 2sc371 at 705 and 2sa562 at 707.
  5. marqueemoon2

Marantz 2440: looking for volume pot & tape/mon tape/aux switchboard

I'd highly recommend that you become a subscriber and post on barter town here on AK. I needed a volume pot recently and barter town didn't disappoint. The seller wasnt even a marantz person, they just so happened to know someone that had spare parts.
  6. marqueemoon2

Marantz Service Manual error thread

Marantz 2220B - Output transistors The manual shows H001 - H004 (D188M) as orienting to the upper part of the heat sink, and H002 - H003(A627) as orienting towards the lower part of the heat sink, which the reverse of my 2220B. I happened upon this while sorting through my manual. I realize...
  7. marqueemoon2

Hafler DH 101 Questions

I could not agree more. My soldering is on point, but I couldn't really improve on the factory work performed. This is my first 101, so I am trying to soak up A TON of information on this guy. I'm not sure how crazy I plan to get, but I've swapped out the electrolytics and I am impressed already
  8. marqueemoon2

Hafler DH 101 Questions

These POOGE articles are amazing!! Thanks for tipping me off to them
  9. marqueemoon2

Hafler DH 101 Questions

Thanks for that tip. Im going with a few of these http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/WIMA/MKS2B044701K00KSSD/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduj8D%252b74lAuj%2fRz7uyuEeFRXWVlJ%2fx3axiLf2DrmO1qr7z8tTZ%252bmDPyH to replace those tantalum duds The balance/volume control is in perfect operating condition and checks out.
  10. marqueemoon2

Hafler DH 101 Questions

Your opinions are welcome, and necessary to help me decide whether this upgrade/project is worth it. The e-Caps are as good as gone. Thanks for your thoughts, especially about the rectifiers
  11. marqueemoon2

Hafler DH 101 Questions

Quality information, I can't thank you enough. As you say, the 101 is fairly impressive hi fi intro piece. I look forward to delving into the search items that you mention. Furthermore, it looks like it's going to be a breeze to work on, enjoyable as well
  12. marqueemoon2

Hafler DH 101 Questions

Hey fellow audio heads, I lucked out at a garage sale recently and came away with the homeowners Hafler. This one is factory built and its a beauty. All of the solder joints look pro and it only needed a good deox to reach its peak performance. My question is about upgrades. I've read elsewhere...
  13. marqueemoon2

Marantz Transistor Replacements

B&D has the SC1885 replacement, it is 2SC2911 http://www.bdent.com/2sc2911-sanyo-switching-transistor.html
  14. marqueemoon2

Marantz Transistor Replacements

Evening, I'm looking to fill in the 700 board of a project 2238B that someone clearly wanted to upgrade/restore but gave up after removing a great many of the components. I have finished repopulating other areas of the receiver, but I have run into some issues with some transistors on the 700...
  15. marqueemoon2

2238B Filter Caps

HAHA - just giving you a hard time! Who ever had this thing before me must have attempted a recap and thought better of it. That is the only way that I can explain the number of missing components.
  16. marqueemoon2

2238B Filter Caps

Isn't it enough that you have all of the Sansui that I can only dream of - you gotta bust my balls too !!!! Someone must have used this for a parts unit, which is strange because the exterior is in VG+ condition.
  17. marqueemoon2

2238B Filter Caps

Aghh!! I tried an image search and came up empty handed. Thanks for the assist. Now I can finally slap some caps in there and see what other issues this thing will have waiting for me.
  18. marqueemoon2

2238B Filter Caps

Hello Akers, I picked up a 2238B at an auction and I was surprised to find that the filter caps (among other items) have been removed from the interior. I was curious if anyone out there had a recommendation or a digikey part number which will adequately replace the missing caps? Im not even...
  19. marqueemoon2

Integrated Circuit HA1196 replacement #

Ah, very cool. I am not an active member on eBay, so it's one of the last places that I think of when looking for parts
  20. marqueemoon2

Integrated Circuit HA1196 replacement #

Im rebuilding an FM tuner section and the IC for the FM has gone bad. The part number is HA1196 6M2, I think that NTE replacement is NTE 1484....can anyone verify that please? Or, maybe someone knows of a more reliable replacement?
  21. marqueemoon2

2230 no/low volume

Clearly, I have written down the wrong information. I will consult with my friend to see if he jotted down the faulty part locations when he was scanning with the scope.
  22. marqueemoon2

2230 no/low volume

According to my notes, the part is the varistor at H709. It cross references NTE 601
  23. marqueemoon2

2230 no/low volume

Forgive me, I meant to say H806. The cap was replaced for the reason that it was bulging slightly and the resistor for the reason that it was slightly on the burnt side. Since I have your attention, do you happen to know a good replacement for H806 and H805, just for future reference? My friend...
  24. marqueemoon2

2230 no/low volume

I believe that the problem has been resolved, yet the solution does not seem to match the symptoms. Faulty components, on both amps, were located at C713 and H706. The resistor at R731 was operational, but appeared charred on the left. I replaced of these on corresponding boards and the sound...
  25. marqueemoon2

2230 no/low volume

I plan to build that probe for the tape deck this weekend, thank you for that link. I plan to take the 2230 over for scoping tonight, I will report my findings
Back
Top Bottom