Search results

1. Zeke

20 Years

Holy shit, I'm member 1578, a bit older (but not better or more activity) than you. Twenty years?!?! :)
  2. Zeke

How many vintage receivers do you have?

"One," a Sansui G9000DB. I scored it nearly twenty years ago and it's been serviced, twice, since (rebuilt power supply and some trim pots, transistors, etc., when DC offset fluctuated). I've got about $1K in it at this point. I use it for hours, every day. Typically, first thing on and last...
  3. Zeke

Why Do People Do This?

I was recently in a brewery where they played "music bingo" incorporating a lot of categorized (and well known) songs pushed through Yamaha NS-AW350 speakers across the long wall of a small, cinder block, building. In truth, they were perfectly fine when there were 8-10 folks in house for the...
  4. Zeke

Heresy if or Cornwall iii for my room?

I am just one guy with 1984 Cornwalls I's and not the budget or golden ears (a compliment not bashing) that many here have. That said, I have yet to find -- multiple friends, relatives, fellow Arkansas grads, etc., who run all model of new and old Klipsch -- a Heresy combo where (room...
  5. Zeke

Getting high rez out of laptop

I'm running a T430 with a Dragonfly USB DAC. It does everything I want.
  6. Zeke

Scuzzer is no longer with us.

RIP. I still play in that original league and remember losing to the Scuz many times. :)
  7. Zeke

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Tron soundtrack. Daft Punk. Impressive.
  8. Zeke

Subscriber link?

Obviously it exists as I've been subscribed many times but I can't find the link to re-up? Help?
  9. Zeke

Why does my rig not sound like live music?

So, I changed all my interconnects and switched to lamp cord runners... :lurk:
  10. Zeke

The weather got out of the low fifties, I opened all of my windows, and everything sounded right (again). Obviously, my concerns are environmental?
  11. Zeke

Sorry, I meant to get back to this earlier. I am a HS football official and I had two games to work Friday night, attended the Washington State game Saturday afternoon (Pullman, WA), the University of Idaho game (Moscow, ID) Saturday night, and spent all Sunday essentially napping through NFL...
  12. Zeke

So...that's a lot of responses. Damn. I'll read in-depth when I get home. :)
  13. Zeke

Simple setup that has always made me happy: Sansui G9000DB, Klipsch Cornwalls, two (run in stereo) RSL Speedwoofers. I just saw Kurt Elling in Portland and my stuff doesn't sound like that concert. (I think we're talking less about subwoofer integration and more about the actual frequency...
  14. Zeke

Mach Threes are Rockin Again

Nice work, I appreciate the update. In about 1993, Mach Threes were my first personal foray into actual audio. I'll always have a soft spot for them... ...not for the girlfriend I gave them to. :)
  15. Zeke

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

Nearly twenty years ago, I caught some beat up 1984 Klipsch Cornwalls at a garage sale for $40. I cleaned them up, glued some veneer, used a stain pen, and have been unable to touch anything close since that day. I'll never score like that again.
  16. Zeke

What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

Jesus, this is way too big (photo). I haven't posted in a while and things used to be less obnoxious when I did?
  17. Zeke

Klipsch McLaren Forte IV. Good idea or Jump the Shark decision?

Maybe I'm old school, maybe I like a 1960s look? I don't know. But I just want Heritage with cane grills. :)
  18. Zeke

New to forum. Wanted to say hi

Greetings! :)
  19. Zeke

Sansui G9000 back bumper

That's pretty cool! :)
  20. Zeke

Sansui G-7700

I'm glad there's a simple answer!
  21. Zeke

Sansui G-7700

I couldn't agree more with this advice. About once a week, I follow the same routine. I even work the tuner end to end.
  22. Zeke

improving bass on Cornwall II ?

I run a Sansui G9000DB with Cornwalls and an RSL Speedwoofer 10S (speaker level input) per side. In truth, 98% of the time, the Speedwoofers are just useless appendages after I found out what was "wrong" with my bass. 1. Every screw in my Cornwalls needed tightening. I now do it annually. 2...
  23. Zeke

Cornwalls'?

Update?
  24. Zeke

G8000 protection mode Question

This is my daily procedure as well. Duration for me (G9000) seems to be 5-7 seconds to come out of protection.
  25. Zeke

Subwoofer Ideas

Can confirm. I have two of these with Klipsch Cornwalls and -- save for some top end roll off that my ears won't hear, anyway -- think I am getting full spectrum reproduction.
Back
Top Bottom