Search results

1. Zeke

Subscriber link?

Obviously it exists as I've been subscribed many times but I can't find the link to re-up? Help?
  2. Zeke

Why does my rig not sound like live music?

Simple setup that has always made me happy: Sansui G9000DB, Klipsch Cornwalls, two (run in stereo) RSL Speedwoofers. I just saw Kurt Elling in Portland and my stuff doesn't sound like that concert. (I think we're talking less about subwoofer integration and more about the actual frequency...
  3. Zeke

AK Keggers Crew still active?

For about a decade, I've been part of a Fantasy Football League known as "Kegger's Crew" that originally started through AK. I've not received my email this year, the app won't let me message through Yahoo, but I know those guys are still around. Anyone know anything?
  4. Zeke

MCS 3253 repair needed (Midwest).

Something unknown and bad occurred inside an Altec bookshelf leading to -- I presume -- a direct short, fire, and complete loss of one side of an otherwise pristine MCS 3253 receiver. Anyone possess a repair contact between Tulsa, OK, and Kansas City, MO? Our friend Echowars was the last guy...
  5. Zeke

I'm more than a bit concerned...

My G9000DB, on its worst day, has never smelled hot. Pushing 8 ohm Klipsch Cornwalls, why would it? Recently, following their wiring directions, I put some RSL Speedwoofer subs in the mix using their speaker level inputs. All has been good. All has been great for two weeks but tonight, after...
  6. Zeke

Okay, I'll ask the dumb question...

Why is one of these -- discounting rarity just think performance -- so much more expensive than the other? I'm aware that wattage isn't everything but the bang-for-the-buck? Why did I buy the expensive one in the past? I don't understand this at all, how something so much lighter can put out...
  7. Zeke

Cornwalls, G9000DB, and RSL Speedwoofer 10S?

I recently got my Sansui repaired, have had Cornwalls for years, and can buy -- we all can -- two RSL Speedwoofer 10S subwoofers for $800 to my door. They have speaker level inputs with an adjustable 12 db slope I can take as low as 40 Hz and I would run in stereo. Am I just being ridiculous...
  8. Zeke

Subwoofer w/speaker level input?

1. Never feel dumb for asking a question. 2. I'm going to ask a ridiculous one. I must not understand how speaker level inputs work because I presumed there was a "pass through" where the powered sub picked up the full range signal, amplified and produced anything beneath the crossover...
  9. Zeke

Crap! (Sansui G9000DB)

Please see attached, I'm open to moderator placement in appropriate forum: just thought SS might get a wider audience? https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/crap-sansui-g9000db.860548/
  10. Zeke

Crap! (Sansui G9000DB)

A few months ago, the balance pot in my unit failed. Fortunately, it failed in the centered position but is -- essentially -- frozen. This morning, listening to my morning dose of NPR out of Washington State University, the right channel just faded away to the point of 1/2 volume of the left...
  11. Zeke

G9000DB Balance pot is seized?

1. This is weird. 2. I have no idea what happened? For years, my Audio Muting switch (occasionally engaged for low level listening) has caused an imbalance requiring a turn on the left/right adjustment to center. So, I've likely used this pot more than most. This morning, when brought back...
  12. Zeke

Tuner guru in Pacific NW?

Sansui G9000DB. I'm receiving only in mono.
  13. Zeke

G9000DB doesn't receive FM stereo?

I've laid low for a while, interesting five years, resurfacing in ID. Suddenly, the FM stereo light on my unit doesn't illuminate on known strong frequencies and (can't audibly hear separation, even in headphones) I don't appear to be receiving in stereo? I opened a manual and read that pot...
  14. Zeke

Altec Public Address?

It's like someone put a Bolero on top of a big horn? 1. Definitely Altec (badged). 2. Building is circa 1972. Anyone have a clue?
  15. Zeke

Wow. I have been gone a long time...

I used to visit daily, things got ugly, and my stuff has been in storage for three years. Slowly, things are turning around. I wonder if I'll recognize any old names?
  16. Zeke

Mother $%^!

During an "organize files" command in iTunes 11.02, the power went off in Kansas City. Now, about 1/3 of my digital music collection is effed up in iTunes, post power back on. (All kept on external drive.) Yes, I have a backup of about 95% that I can get to but here's the rub: I should be...
  17. Zeke

Bruce Hornsby and Bela Fleck...

...are playing outdoors in Kansas City, tomorrow night. It will be hot, muggy and miserable: until I light a cigar and get that first beer down. :D
  18. Zeke

Gout...

...SUCKS. I'm just saying. :smoke:
  19. Zeke

Kip Winger? Impressed...

Have you ever been blown away by an artist or concert that another recommended? I have come into possession of an acoustic Kip Winger concert from Brazil in 1997. I had no idea. 320k mp3. Well recorded... But the music? Songs I've never heard? WOW. And this guy can sing. And...
  20. Zeke

Simple digital audio manipulation. Anyone?

1. To my knowledge, this is not illegal. 2. If this is in the wrong forum, please move. I have a simple digital audio recording -- public domain and all that jazz -- but the left channel is FAR weaker than the right. Beyond consistently playing the thing with my receiver balance knob...
  21. Zeke

G9000 FM reception

A friend discovered that I was using a powered Recoton FM100 as an antenna. Paraphrased, he said, "Why do you need that? You have an excellent tuner. All you're introducing is more noise." Then, he gave me a simple dipole to replace the powered unit with. Sound advice. :smoke: The...
  22. Zeke

1995 Chrysler Cirrus

I bought this car wrecked, <60k, and had it put back together for cash. Mitsubishi drivetrain, runs well: reminds me of a 1975 slant-six Valiant in that it has a solid drivetrain (Japanese V6, in this case) but the body will disintegrate around it. I'm going to drive this thing into the...
  23. Zeke

Is it an LED? (G9000DB)

The FM Stereo LED/diode thing is intermittent. Typically, Glenn (Echowars) fixes all my stuff, as he is across town, but he is away for a bit. I am open to ideas, as you cannot believe how annoying it is to have a newly refurbed, great sounding and pretty, G9000 with a bulb out. :smoke:
  24. Zeke

G9000DB wattage query.

A lot of literature says the G9000DB is 180W versus 160W for the non-dolby G9000 receiver. I was under the impression that the amplifier section was the same? :nono: I cannot imagine a circumstance where, at the top end, 20W would be discernible, anyway...
  25. Zeke

My old Xbox died!

No video/audio out: black screen. :tears:
Back
Top Bottom