Search results

1. D

Question about stands -- making plate bigger and rubber thingy

My plan for my in progress yet to be named build is to use grill guides to "sort of" attatch the speakers to the stands. That way they wont inadvertantly "walk" off the stands.
  2. D

Naming speaker designs

I really like Fords G2. Not sure how red speakers would look though
  3. D

Naming speaker designs

Not a bad idea. Or name them after the color code :D
  4. D

What is your favorite drink to have while audio relaxing?

Beer. Lots and lots of beer :D
  5. D

Painting mdf

I like that you can use plastic body filler with MDF. Im seeing alot of reasons why people do that. 6 months ago I would have never thought of using body shop shit in a wood shop LOL
  6. D

Painting mdf

heres my stands (well, one anyway) so far
  7. D

Painting mdf

Thanks. I know what you mean about venturing into the unknown. I hate changing what works for me, but this is a new hobby. trying to integrate what I already know
  8. D

Oh, Spring....we are waiting!

I just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Amarillo. He said as of last night the snow is nearly waist high in some areas and is still falling. The temperature is getting close to zero with the wind chill and the North wind is increasing to near gale force. His wife has done nothing but...
  9. D

Painting mdf

So oil based kills is ok to paint with urethane paint?
  10. D

Painting mdf

I didnt use kills. I used shelack
  11. D

Yikes! Kevin Cronin REO Speedwagon

Wheels are turnin'
  12. D

Painting mdf

Yep. Im sure to try that someday too. Cheap and fast.
  13. D

157 Riverside ave.
  14. D

I guess you didnt see any of her Activia commercials
  15. D

Naming speaker designs

:thumbsup:
  16. D

Naming speaker designs

Wife is gone. I will swap out the Sten wannabees, with the "bastids" and jam to some Stevie Ray. :music:
  17. D

Painting mdf

Now thats better, all sprayed, no brushing. An altered version of Dark Shadow Grey. Looks more like mineral grey. I kinda thought the 1st color was a little too avocado in color, or olive drab for us Army guys. Much happier with this result. And its not often I paint something twice in the same...
  18. D

Painting mdf

Kinda. Works for me :)
  19. D

Painting mdf

I think the shelack would be fine for the end cuts only. Then 2 good coats of urethane primer and I can be sanding in a few hours. Actually, I brushed on some paint on totally untreated MDF smooth side and it looked ok. I might be able to spray the smooth sides without any sealer at all
  20. D

They are called birth control glasses
  21. D

Painting mdf

here they are so far
  22. D

Shes butt ugly. But at least shes "regular"
  23. D

Naming speaker designs

I think I'll name my smaller 6.5" woofer, 5" mid and 1" tweet design, small :D since that is gonna be probably the smallest speaker I ever built. Im liking this MDF and automotive paint. Pretty cool.
  24. D

Painting mdf

I think I'll maybe scrap the hardwood plywood cabs Ive started and make them out of MDF too.
  25. D

Painting mdf

The sprayed cab looks better by far. I will re spray both however, to get a flatter finish. Brush marks are visible in both due to brushing on the shelack. From now on I'll just go with a primer surfacer like its a car part :D But, definately becomming a fan of MDF over hard woods. alot cheaper...
Back
Top Bottom