Search results

1. Paddy Garcia

Oswalds Mill Audio speakers

Nice (if fluffy) piece on an interesting maker: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-05-23/how-to-make-a-speaker
  2. Paddy Garcia

B&W 801s on Va/DC CL

The crossovers look ... Interesting. No relationship, etc. https://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/ele/6051673507.html
  3. Paddy Garcia

PSA: Kef 104/2 recommended service

There's plenty of commentary on AK about replacing the ferrofluid in the Kef 104/2 tweeter, so I just wanted to remind folks who haven't yet serviced the tweeters with new fluid that it might be the best investment of $10 and a few hours they could possible make. I picked up my first 104/2s...
  4. Paddy Garcia

When are speakers not Electronics?

When they're listed on CL as "Furniture". Not a huge score @ $200, but from very nice people who have owned and babied them since new. First series, so no biamping (which I don't do anyway), but with butyl woofer surrounds so they just need the donuts replaced, and I'll do the ferrofluid then...
  5. Paddy Garcia

Some DIY car audio

Don't see too much DIY car audio here, but thought it might be interesting. I've got a great car that I love, which came with a nicely installed mid-90s stereo including an ADS power plate and ADS speakers. The head unit has gotten long in the tooth, caused battery draining, and anymore, all...
  6. Paddy Garcia

BillJGW = superb to deal with

Bill is exactly the kind of person you want to deal with here at AK: friendly, enthusiastic, an excellent communicator and does exactly what he says he will do. Two thumbs up :banana:
  7. Paddy Garcia

Adventures in 19" rackmounts

Got to the integration-test part of my current project and couldn't resist posting a pic even though it's not finished. Over the last couple of years, Ak's helped me to completely rework the system I bought in 1988. Good bones to work with: the B&W Matrix 2s, Adcom GFA-555 amp, and Denon...
  8. Paddy Garcia

Adcom 535 fix-up

Idly shopping Craigslist two weeks ago and came across a listing that I must have missed for an Adcom GFA-535 amplifier. These are really nice little gems, and I thought it would go well with one of the Pass B-1s I've built, but surely it was gone. No, turns out it was still available, and the...
  9. Paddy Garcia

Anybody know about microphones?

I was helping my folks clean the attic this weekend, lots of stuff from when my Dad ran a speech-recognition technology company in the early 90s. We opened a fun box: Top to botton: Sennheiser MD 441, Nakamichi CM-700, Sennheiser MD 429, Sennheiser 214N, all have cases and docs. The...
  10. Paddy Garcia

NAD 3045 help?

Visiting the folks at Christmas and was talking audio with my dad. He's always had champagne tastes and a beer budget, so I learned a lot about the 80/20 rule. In the 70s he built a SS Dynaco integrated amp which ran a set of Sansui 4 ways that my uncle brought back from the Okinawa PX. I think...
  11. Paddy Garcia

B&W Matrix 1 & 2 surrounds

I've read through the various refoaming threads and searched, without success, so would like to ask: is anyone experienced with refoaming the B&W Matrix 1 and 2 drivers? The surround attachment looks pretty straightforward, fixed to the front of the cone, but the poly cones appear to be...
  12. Paddy Garcia

I'm Paddy, and I'm an Onkyo addict...

And it's all your fault here. All I wanted was some decent sound in the home office now that I'm working for myself. I've got the Adcom + B&W setup I bought new in 1988 downstairs so figured a cheap receiver and bookshelf speakers would do for upstairs; hit Craigslist. Turns out there's a...
Back
Top Bottom