Search results

1. Lapslah

Denon DVD2900 fried output?

Or not. Still no output.
  2. Lapslah

Things you can only hear on your high end systems

A couple of years ago I picked up a near perfect example of Sheffield Lab's direct to disc recording of Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries", on vinyl, of course. When the low brass plays the well-known theme, the first couple of times it's only the first chairs, or fist and seconds, in the higher...
  3. Lapslah

3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

Maybe I'll bring my broken Denon DVD-2900 to see if anyone else can fix it, since I clearly can not. :rolleyes: ;)
  4. Lapslah

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Clearly you aren't seeing things from the fish's perspective!
  5. Lapslah

I think you meant "Your morning poke in the lip of the day" :banana:
  6. Lapslah

I've just always figured that commenting would only serve to reduce the overall level of shominyness in the thread, and that would be a net negative.
  7. Lapslah

Oh boy - if you only knew how many of us there are! Never doubt the ShominyArmy!
  8. Lapslah

In season 7, after someone calls Spike a Billy Idol wannabe, Buffy says, "Actually, Billy Idol stole his look from... Anyway..."
  9. Lapslah

I guess being the catcher requires research
  10. Lapslah

3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

I hope to make it again. Thanks, Robie!
  11. Lapslah

Nevermind, I think I found it. :rflmao:
  12. Lapslah

I switched on my Denon DVD2900 yesterday to play a CD, and it seems the output cables had come loose. There was a loud bass hum, since the sleeve was still making contact. I got the cables inserted, but now I'm getting no signal from the Denon to my preamp. This is used as a dedicated CD player...
  13. Lapslah

Thorens TD124 mkII idler wheel not engaging

Could it be engaging but not spinning? The inside lip of the platter can seem clean but still slip when the wheel makes contact if there's the slightest bit of oil or grease residue. Give it a good scrub with alcohol if you haven't already. Does the wheel spin freely by hand on its spindle?
  14. Lapslah

My doctor told me this was a great shoulder exercise, but he said it was Chinese and called it "serving tea". I feel deceived.
  15. Lapslah

TD-124 motor too fast after rebuild. Problem?

Problem solved. The 1440 rpm number given by Audio Silente was for 50Hz mains electricity. Converted to 60Hz I should be at about 1730. After learning this, I was able to adjust the case and achieve 1730.
  16. Lapslah

Well, yes. But that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I'd prefer not to reassemble it only to find out that I need to tear it down again and start over.
  17. Lapslah

Yesterday I rebuilt my TD124 motor with upgraded coils from AudioSilente. The instructions say to test speed (and therefore motor alignment) by using a laser tachometer. The spindle should be spinning at 1445 rpm when warm. Knowing that this is the only time I'll ever need a laser tach, I opted...
  18. Lapslah

B&O RX2 isolation

The isolation on my RX-2 is exceptional. You can rap your knuckles pretty hard directly on the plinth and it doesn't care. I suspect you'll be fine. I'd try it before assuming you'll have trouble. You can always build a shelf later if it's an issue.
  19. Lapslah

some specific TD-124 questions

I've had my TD124 for about 20 years and done a lot of work on it. I like to think I've helped others out by sharing my experience. But now I need some advice on things I (shamefully, in some cases) haven't done, but am about to. I just received a motor coil upgrade and motor bushing kit from...
  20. Lapslah

Heads-up sale thread - EstateSales and such

No affiliation - Sat/Sun 1/20-21 - Glencoe, Illinois McIntosh C28, M2105, MR78, Nakamichi 700 - https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Glencoe/60022/3906765
  21. Lapslah

Heads-up sale thread - EstateSales and such

No affiliation - https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Gurnee/60031/3924633?force-reload=true Online Auction Sunday 1/21/24. Not many pictures, but look at the full list of equipment! Includes the following and much more: Vintage Dual 1019 4 Speed Turntable Record Player Vintage Dual 1009 4 Speed...
  22. Lapslah

SoundsClassic..Anyone had any experience with these guys?

I have bought and traded some gear from/with them and also had them do some repairs, BUT that was all years ago. At least at that time, I found them to be generally reasonable and competent. My only complaint was how long it took them to service my reel to reel. They had it for about 6 months -...
  23. Lapslah

Vinyl Engine not accepting new members - can someone help?

Yeah, I've been a member forever, but last time I tried to access the site I was told my membership had lapsed and I'd need to re-register. When I tried, I was told they weren't taking new members. Quite the slap in the face.
  24. Lapslah

TD-124 tonearm wiring - terminal screws?

I've had my TD-124 for about 20 years and done a lot of work and upgrades, but now it occurs to me that I may have been making an incorrect assumption. When I got my TD124 it had a vintage Shure tonearm which I replaced. The arm was wired directly to a plastic card similar to a circuit board (no...
  25. Lapslah

Sunfire Symphonic Reference Amp fair asking price

I'm seeing asking prices online of about $750. Those are not completed sales, so they are probably optimistic.
Back
Top Bottom