Search results

1. K

What does your gear say about your personality?

That too much of everything is Just Enough, but only in moderation. I have too many turntables, too many receivers that don”t work, and not enough speakers of any quality, But it sounds good to me….
  2. K

Mower Blades ... How Sharp?

Dremel sells an attachment with a stone for not a lot of money. I got mine with a chain saw sharpener as well In the small engine class I took eons ago we went over lawnmower blades ad nauseam,,,, Today….I procrastinate sharpening the blade until my wife makes me do it
  3. K

Turntable Preference...Manual, Automatic or Both

I have them all….2 manual, 1 semi, one full auto A Micro Seiki DD-33, semi auto A Micro Seiki DQ-3, manual A Pro-ject Debut Carbon, all the upgrades, manual A Technics SL3300, fully auto It depends on what I’m listening to at the time. They all sound decent…and I enjoy them all
  4. K

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Gordon Lightfoot: Sundown My only Gordon Lightfoot album. RIP
  5. K

Pioneer PL-10: How good?

My First Turntable back in the day was a Pioneer PL-10, with a Sure M91ED cart. I loved that table….wish I still had it. Very simple, elegant, (in its own way) decent sounding record player. Grab it and enjoy it….
  6. K

Just got a Micro-Seiki DD-40 from an estate sale...

I’ve got 4 working turntables right now, hooked up to 2 different systems. Takes less space than speakers, true; but connections can get complicated. I like switching between the 3 I have connected to my “main” system… I have the Stanton 681eee/LP Gear stylus on a spare head shell on my DQ...
  7. K

Just got a Micro-Seiki DD-40 from an estate sale...

Congratulations! These Micro Seiki TTs are gorgeous! I have 2 of them....a DD33 and a DQ3. Found out that one just isn't enough...;-)
  8. K

A Very Merry Christmas, and a Great "Audio-Year" in 2023

Wishing everyone all the best this season Happy Holidays
  9. K

Christine McVie Passes away @ 79

I had just put my copy of Rumors on the turntable....and when Songbird was playing, saw the news online.... The first concert I ever saw was Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention in 1971, at the Milwaukee Arena. The opening act was Fleetwood Mac. During the show I remember the keyboardist...
  10. K

2.1 amp Recomendation

If you can increase your budget by a little, there's the Denon DRA-800H for around $600, Has HDMI ARC, 2.2 channel and 100W per side. World Wide Stereo has them available.... I was thinking about that one myself...
  11. K

Turntable Light

I've got one of the IKEA gooseneck lamps to light one one of my TT areas I had it resting on top of a cheap, repurposed CD tower, to light both TTs, one on a shelf, one on a low table. Every once in a while it would flicker and fade. When I tripped over my subwoofer a couple of months ago...
  12. K

AK Retiree Club

Hi everyone My last day of work was Friday, July 15th. Today is my first official day of retirement.I was trying to hold out until the end of the year, but finally decided that enough was indeed, enough. My biggest transition is going to be getting my days back. For the last 15 years I've...
  13. K

Your favorite integrated's?

My first, and favorite, was the Marantz 1070. Ran it through a pair of EPI 120s, and a Pioneer PL10 TT. Miss that set up.
  14. K

Underwhelming Project debut carbon evo with Acrylic platter

I've owned a Debut Carbon for a few years now. Ran it as I bought it for a few months, then started the upgrade cycle, which is one of the reasons I got it. I started with the acrylic platter, next the Speed Box, then, as the original Ortofon Red stylus wore out, I replaced it with the Blue. Of...
  15. K

My $35 mod is a hit!

Very Nice! Next upgrade cycle I'll have to try that.
  16. K

My Audio Gear tripped me up the other night....

Literally. I had fallen asleep early Thursday morning listening to an LP ( Steeleye Span, "Hark the Village Wake", FTR), awaking to realize that the record was still spinning, arm down. So, half awake, I stumbled over to lift the arm and return it to it's proper rest, so I could go to mine...
  17. K

Are You Still Happy ?

I'm happy. My mid-fi stuff sounds decent, and while there is always room for improvement, the point of demising returns always comes to mind. As I (rapidly) approach retirement/fixed/limited income status, my goals are probably going to be more refinement of the existing equipment...
  18. K

RIP Graeme Edge, Drummer for the Moody Blues

"When the White Eagle of the North is flying overhead ..." On the Threshold of a Dream was one of the first albums I purchased.... RIP, Mr. Edge. Thank you for all the music...
  19. K

Best Low End Receiver?

My First Receiver was a Sony STR 7015. Running through a pair of BIC Venturi Formula 2s was very loud, and surprisingly clean. I miss that little receiver.... I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Advent 300. Only 15wpc, and possibly sketchy quality, it was still distinctive in appearance...
  20. K

Micro Seiki help

Check the pin connectors inside the tone arm. I've run into this problem on my DD-33 and my DQ-3. The connectors corrode and require careful cleaning. I use Deoxit and the smallest toothpicks and straight pins I could find. No doubt that those more technically minded than myself would find...
  21. K

Two Strokes

With all due respect.... The GT750 shared the T500's bore/stroke (70mm X 64mm) but had one extra cylinder, a lower compression ratio, and liquid cooling. The GT380 was my favorite....it was an X6 Hustler with an extra cylinder. used the same square bore/stroke (54mm X 54mm)....was very...
  22. K

Words to live by

The only thing money can't buy is poverty.
  23. K

musichal is now Extinct

My condolences to his friends and family. I've always enjoyed his posts. He will be missed.
  24. K

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

"Could you toe in that left speaker 2 degrees?"
  25. K

Should I keep a backup table? Do you guys have two of the same table?

I have 2 Micro Seiki turntables: A DD-33 (semi-auto) and a DQ3 (manual but quartz PLL) They're identical except for the semi-auto function of the DD...same tonearm, platter, head shell, dustcover. It kind of simplifies parts procurement and cart comparisons. If one pukes out, the other will...
Back
Top Bottom