Search results

1. K

My Audio Gear tripped me up the other night....

Literally. I had fallen asleep early Thursday morning listening to an LP ( Steeleye Span, "Hark the Village Wake", FTR), awaking to realize that the record was still spinning, arm down. So, half awake, I stumbled over to lift the arm and return it to it's proper rest, so I could go to mine...
  2. K

A Vinyl Holiday

My wife and the boys were very kind to me this year.....
  3. K

Do I Need an Audio-Technica Cartridge?

I was looking over my "collection"...I have a few Shure (M91, a2000, M73EP) a couple of Stantons (680e, D71-2e) a couple of Grados (Blue 1, ZT+ w/8MZ stylus) and an Ortofon 2M Red w/Blue stylus. But....no Audio-Technica. I've been curious as to their sound. My TTs are a Micro Seiki DD33, a...
  4. K

Dude! Where's my Counterweight?

I went to play a record on my basement/bedroom system shortly after awakening this afternoon. I sleepily chose a record and removed the dustcover from my Technics SL 3300 (as of late it hasn't been staying open for some reason) I placed the record on the platter, hit the auto-play switch...
  5. K

Fluance XL7Fs Arrived! Happy Holidays....

[I pulled the trigger on these Sunday night, after reading every review I could find on them. I was looking for a set of floor standing speakers to serve as the fronts for my home theatre system, which I also use for [ music, mostly LPs. With a budget of $500, and enough controversy...
  6. K

Like I needed another TT....

..But my wife left me alone in the record shop Saturday.....and it was my birthday....and they had all these Pro-Ject boxes lying around that were just filled with turntables.....So along with a couple of used albums I picked up a Debut Carbon in red....to go with the Ortofon 2M-Red that came...
  7. K

Now that I did it wrong.....

......is there any way to fix it? My attempt at re-foaming the drivers on my Jensen OPC 24 was only 1/2 successful....one of the woofers has a scraping sound when I play music.....Now that everything is glued sown, do I start over with new foam, or is it possible to cut away the foam from the...
  8. K

New Headshell for Micro Seiki DD-33

i know these things are very rare to come by, and that a couple of years ago some one reverse engineered one, and had a number of them reproduced. Since the HS in my DD-33 was breaking wires, I figured I'd grab one of these when I saw them for sale on the auction site. Yes, it was expensive...
  9. K

Rewiring a headshell

My Micro Seiki DD-33 started sounding tinny and weak last weekend...on Record Store Day, ironically enough. I have it plugged into my Denon AVR 1612, running through a new (demo) Rega Fono Mini that I bought with the NAD C326Bee for the bedroom system (whole 'nother thread in and of itself...)...
  10. K

What I found today ....

....at PawnAmerica.....it's a Micro Seiki DD33.....came complete with with a cracked dust cover and a Shure M91E cart. Priced at $59.95.....I've always liked the looks of the Micro Seiki tables.....so i flipped a coin. I won, and took it to the checkout , where I asked if it could be plugged...
  11. K

What I found the other day.....

Since I revived my analogue system in the bedroom, I've been curious to hear what vinyl would sound like on the HT system in the living room. For that I'd need another TT, and a phono preamp. I found a BIC 980 (a nostalgia thing....my 2nd real turntable was a 940) and had been on the lookout...
  12. K

How do you store spare carts?

This may seem like a dumb question.....but....making the assumption that one has only 1 headshell and can only mount and play 1 cart at a time....how does one store "spare" (leftover, unused, needing new stylus, etc) cartridges? Not all of them come in neat boxes the way the old Stantons used...
  13. K

WAF Achievement

When my old Sony Bravia TV died, I had to go HD in my living room, rendering my old, little-used analog system to the various flat spots scattered throughout the house. I decided to reinstall the system in our bedroom. We finally found the system "rack" we were looking for, and I cobbled...
  14. K

Jensen 24

I found a pair of jensen speakers, marker "24", in a local thrift shop. I only had time to examine one of them, and saw that the foam surrounding the woofer was disintegrating, the cabinets were scratched....the usual problems with thrift store finds. Anyone know about these? Would they be a...
  15. K

Fixed (?) my Celestion DL8s

So....after much searching (mainly soul) I bit the bullet and bought a pair of used replacement woofers for my Celestion DL 8s. They arrived in good used condition, as pictured, but the one thing I didn't notice is that the cone material is different between the old driver and the new. They...
  16. K

Not my first post...

....but probably should have been..... Hello, my name is Ken, I live in Madison, WI, and I've been mostly lurking on this forum for a couple of months now......It all started when our old Sony Bravia TV gave up the ghost, and we were forced to buy a new HDTV. I left that decision up to my...
Back
Top Bottom