Search results

1. ekmanning5

Happy birthday Harpo!

Born November 23rd in 1888...Happy birthday Harpo Marx!
  2. ekmanning5

mswanson65 A++

Recently purchased a Tangerine Dream box set from Mike. Box was excellently packed, shipped promptly, and records were exactly as described. Buy with confidence from mswanson65.
  3. ekmanning5

Major record score...

...for me anyway. :D
  4. ekmanning5

Anybody get a pic of yesterday's eclipse?

I had my scope and camera loaded into the car and ready to go (too many trees in the backyard to set up there), but because of the cloud cover over the Chicago area I had kind of given up trying to get a shot. But all of a sudden at around 4:30 a small band of clear sky appeared. I raced to the...
  5. ekmanning5

Damaged record? Save That Cover!

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a record on e-bay by the French folk group Malicorne. I'd been looking for a nice deal and thought I had found one. Seller's rating was 99.5%; not perfect but good enough I thought. Vinyl was graded at VG++, price was right...piece of cake, I thought. The record...
  6. ekmanning5

jhildred...Great seller.

Purchased a couple of lp's from jhildred last week. Quick shipping and the records were in wonderful condition. Great seller! :thmbsp: Thanks Jez.
  7. ekmanning5

Thumbs up to CWeber!

A big thank you to CWeber. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a case for a McIntosh tuner from Chris. Well, I finally got around to putting the tuner in the case today. Great price, nice goods, a pleasure to do business with. :thmbsp: Thanks Chris!
  8. ekmanning5

Warner Bros. Loss Leaders

Anybody else love these 70's compilation albums? I have 9 or 10 of them and really enjoy the eclectic mix of artists they showcase. Been spinning The 1969 Warner Reprise Songbook this morning. :thmbsp: Sure wish they were still $2.
  9. ekmanning5

C,S,&N, first album

This has always been one of my favorite albums, and try as I might, I have never been able to find a quiet copy of this. I picked up an armload of lps at a garage sale last week, and although most of them were of rather dubious quality (sometimes I just can't help myself), there were 5 or 6 that...
  10. ekmanning5

JBL refoam help!

I'm refoaming the woofers on a pair of JBL L100t3's. After removing the dustcap to shim the voice coil I noticed a thin foam sheet covering the hole that goes thru the magnet (probably there to keep dust out of the voice coil). Well at the time I thought it was COVERING the coil and I removed it...
  11. ekmanning5

Ragnar!

By this time tomorrow I'll be off to participate in my first Ragnar race. Ragnar is a series of relay races, all approximately 200 miles in length. You run on a team of 12 runners nonstop for roughly 32 hours. We'll be participating in the Madison WI. to Chicago IL. race. I began running a year...
  12. ekmanning5

A dumb question about transfering digital.

Ok, I do not pretend to be the brightest candle on the cake. So here's a pretty dumb question about making digital transfers (cd copies). At least it may appear dumb to those who understand modern technology (I do not). Back in the day, when we would make cassette copies of our favorite lps, I...
  13. ekmanning5

Rescuing some JBL's

I began a restoration on a pair of JBL L100t3 speakers today. Here they are, and yes that is grey contact paper all over the cabinets. Guy I purchased them from said his wife wanted them to be 'less obtrusive'. "Honey, do me a favor and put this battleship grey shelf paper on those beautiful...
  14. ekmanning5

Rory Gallagher on Pop Market

I recall a couple of folks here looking for Rory Gallagher vinyl recently. This looks like an interesting deal on Pop Market; http://www.popmarket.com/details/29701666?feature_id=29687293
  15. ekmanning5

Ziphius...great seller.

Just received an lp from AKer Ziphius. Top flight transaction all the way around. Thanks!
  16. ekmanning5

The Sorcerer

Actually this could go into the Movies and Television forum as well. I happened to watch the fantastic William Friedkin movie "The Sorcerer" yesterday. I don't understand why this movie wasn't more well received than it was. But that's another story for another thread. Anyway, I pulled out my...
  17. ekmanning5

Led Zeppelin I question.

Ok all you Led Zeppelin gurus, I have a question about Led Zeppelin I... I was feeling nostalgic today so I slipped on my copy of this lp; Led Zeppelin I, Atlantic SD 8216, ST-A-681461 deadwax. Its in EX condition and plays very quietly. That's the good news. Bad news is that it sounds muffled...
  18. ekmanning5

Chicago to Miami???

Anyone going to be making the drive from Chicago (area) to Miami? I have a receiver for member Mustangsqd that I'd love to have him listening to by Christmas. :music: Thanks! :thmbsp:
  19. ekmanning5

Patfont...Two thumbs up.

We have plenty of examples here in the Feedback Forum of transactions that go off without a hitch. Here's one that had plenty of hitches but still ended pleasantly. I sold a Marantz 2215b to Pat, and although I thought I had done a good job packing, the unit arrived with moderate to severe...
  20. ekmanning5

Guilty as charged!

I don't know much about this new Bitstrip app. But obviously Mrs. Manning has become an expert. :D
  21. ekmanning5

Why should I upgrade?

I am beginning to get upgrade-itis again. About three years ago I put away my Eico HF-81 and bought my first (and only) McIntosh set up; An MC 2105 and C28 preamp. But lately I've been thinking how nice it would be to go up a notch, to an MC 2205 and C32. I would be effectively doubling the WPC...
  22. ekmanning5

Richard Thompson...Electric

I've had a vinyl copy for about ten days now. At first listening I was a little disappointed in the mix. But the more I hear it the less inclined I am to feel that way. IMNSHO, another great album from Mr. Thompson, who BTW, I've come to rather late in life. The Friday Chicago Tribune had a fine...
  23. ekmanning5

Hey! Detroit guys...

...that there was one of the finest hockey games I've ever seen.
  24. ekmanning5

Dual 1229...Finally

I found this Dual 1229 a couple of years ago at a Goodwill store near me. Everything was seized up of course, and the base was chipped and very rough. I kind of thought I would like to refurbish it as its a solid workhorse. I liked the fact that it played 78 rpm's as well, and I've been picking...
  25. ekmanning5

Kevin Ayers...RIP

Kevin Ayers of The Soft Machine has passed away. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/feb/20/kevin-ayers-dies-aged-68
Back
Top Bottom