Search results

1. D

Pioneer PL-61 service manual

I am having some issues with my 1973 Pioneer Pl-61 table ( power supply issues) and have been trying to find a service manual for this turntable . Would very much appreciate if anyone could provide a copy to me. Thanks Dean
  2. D

Snell E Type Series 2 inductors

home-brew, Thank you for the info. This is exactly what I needed with one exception. The EII model that I am needing the inductor values for, was the version with the Seas H334 bass driver and not the Vifa bass driver which was also used in the EII. Not sure when Snell switched from one...
  3. D

Snell E Type Series 2 inductors

Hello folks, I have an old pair of Snell J2 speakers with the Seas H334 bass driver and the tonegon tweeter. They have a somewhat complex xover ( looks like 3rd order on the bass driver and 2nd order on the tweeter). I am currently thinking about trying out the Snell E series 2 xover in my...
  4. D

Rectilinear 3 crossover preference

Hi Ruben, thanks for the information. I have only been able to find values for the 201 and 101 inductors as implemented in the series crossover and they were listed as 5.7 mh and .68 mh , respectively so, do you recall if the values you list above for your coils from your Highboys were...
  5. D

It is a little confusing as the Model lll literature states the 4 tweeters ( 21/2-inch and 2-inch units ) cover the range from 3000 hz up. The larger units contribute more up to 11,000 hz and the smaller units contribute more above 11,000 hz. But as you stated above , it is only a 2.0 uf cap so...
  6. D

Should have read 13 uf cap for my previous post.
  7. D

Yes, I have considered using a dome tweeter. I actually like the Advent 1 and New Advent "fried egg" tweeter ( if I remember correctly, it crosses over around 1500 hz with a simple 1st order , 3 uf cap) so it would not be stressed in the Rectilinear lll if crossed over much higher. I have used...
  8. D

Pete, I thought I would use PE 16 ohm 50 watt L-Pads for the level controls or as an alternative, measure both legs of the current pots where I best liked the balance and solder in higher wattage discrete audio grade resistors. Could also substitute low DCR inductors as necessary for the mids...
  9. D

Yes, I also have the 1971 series xover schematic your link shows (thanks)in addition to the ones Fred supplied. I assume the 1969 schematic is also correct but I noticed the 1972 schematic was not quite right when I back-traced the series xover that I have and compared it to the 1972 schematic...
  10. D

Hi Pete, yes, that certainly is an option. I could use one channel of the later, series xover as a reference ( with new caps) and then use the inductors from the other channel to build my other ( parallel) xover and just compare the two . However, since I don't have a lot of experience with...
  11. D

Thank you all for your comments. The 1969 Model lll xover (shown in Freds.Band's comment above) is the xover I would like to use for my rebuilds. Which brings me back to my original inquiry. I have the series xover from a later pair of Model lll lowboys but I do not have any of the Peerless...
  12. D

Thanks for your responses to my inquiry. The series xover that I currently have matches the schematics posted elsewhere for this version of the model lll so I assume it is correct. But I will retrace and check again. The main thing that I am interested in is with regards to the values on the 2...
  13. D

Greetings, I realize that the crossovers for the Rectilinear III have been discussed in detail many times over the years when both the Hi and Lowboy models have been restored but I was not able to find any information regarding the differences (if any) in the overall sound of the model III with...
  14. D

PL-61 Antiskate replacement revisited

Hi folks, I realize this subject has been discussed several times here on Audiokarma as well on Vinyl Engine but in the past, other than fabricating a homemade replacement cam piece, there was very little that anyone could do to fix a broken antiskate on the Pioneer PL-61. However, Pat Leaver of...
  15. D

Classic Infinity Speaker Crossover Assistance

Folks, My brother recently gave me a pair of Infinity Qa speakers and I have decided to update them to the Qb model. Picked up a couple of Phillips 5060 mids on Ebay and also have a detailed schematic of the Qb crossover. Most of the parts for the xover are readily available but I am having a...
  16. D

Phase Linear 400 Restoration revisited

Folks, first, I apologize for once again revisiting the Phase Linear 400 amplifier but I have a couple of specific questions ( most likely with somewhat general answers) about this amp. I had this amp from 1978 through 1982 and it worked flawlessly for all 4 years. The amp had been out on the...
  17. D

Another Leesonic NAD3020 restoration

Folks, about a month ago I saw a NAD 3020 thread by dryce outlining the restoration of his malfunctioning NAD integrated amp by Leesonic. After reading dryce's complete, very positive review, I was quite inspired to see if Lee was still upgrading NADs and if so, would he be interested in taking...
  18. D

Leesonic NAD 3020 Restoration Review!

Hi folks, found this thread by searching Google for 3020 retorations. I am a relatively new AudioKarma member and after reading a lot of the positive comments about LeeSonics, I am very impressed with Lee's work on the NAD amps and preamps. I have a 3020 that I inherited with a few noise...
  19. D

ESS Heil Driver Phase Question

Hi folks, I just replaced two diaphragms in my ESS AMT Great Heil drivers and need some advice as to which is the front and which is the back. My heils are not on speakers ( bought separate on ebay) so I can't tell at this point which way they should face. I know from experience that they are...
  20. D

Dynaco A-25 XL crossover assistance

Dyanco A-25 XL crossover assistance The original A-25 did not have an inductor (only a single cap and several resistors for a crossover) but when Dynaco upgraded the A-25 to the XL model, they lowered the crossover point to 1200 hz and also added the inductor in question to the circuit...
  21. D

Dynaco A-25 XL crossover assistance

Hi folks, I am new to AudioKarma and need some assistance in identifying the value of the inductor coil for the tweeter crossover in a pair of Dynaco A-25 XL speakers. I recently bought a pair of A-25 XLs and upon further investigation discovered that the wires to the resistors from the tweeter...
Back
Top Bottom