Search results

1. Rectifier

Pioneer SA-8500II repair and restoration...

Awesome thread. I'm getting ready to do my SA-8500MK2 very soon. It's my first restore project.
  2. Rectifier

Trying my best not to blow up the house.

Trying my best not to blow up the house.
  3. Rectifier

Can't Find SA8500II Recap List Anywhere

I'm looking for replacements for the 4 Elna 10000uF/50V caps in my SA-8500Mk2. Would the Nichicon LKG series 10000uF/63V caps be good replacements? Thanks Mouser link: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Nichicon/LKG1J103MKN/?qs=/ha2pyFaduiBaSJQ8YLxkRModsX5G%2bTq8egV%2bbR/B0ekZywZNAwOtg==
  4. Rectifier

Dynavector 10x5 owners...

That say's alot about the 10X5. It will be my next cart. Will my Vista Audio MM phono-1 preamp have enough gain for the 10X5. I've got about 50db gain with a MM cart that's spec at 6.5MV output.
  5. Rectifier

I didn't know if I needed one. This will be may first MC cart. I'm running a Goldring 1012GX and it has 6.5mV output.
  6. Rectifier

brianjrealto, What phono stage are you using? Any SUT's?
  7. Rectifier

What SUT are you all using with your 10x5?
  8. Rectifier

Cerwin Vega Woofer Before and After

:yes: Really nice job :thmbsp:
  9. Rectifier

Home CNC machines

Something to consider instead of buying a cnc machine. If you know autocad or similar software make a drawing of what you want machined and save it as a DXF or DWG file and email the drawings to local company's for machining quotes. They can import it into there cadcam...
  10. Rectifier

Home CNC machines

I don't see how its possible for $1000.00. I've been a cnc machinist for 30 years. A used prototrac, bridgeport, hurco or hass would be nice for home use but would be way more then a grand.
  11. Rectifier

My diy audio rack

Like it. The legs look like the alum extrusion material used in a fab shop I worked at. Nice. Very clean looking too. :thmbsp:
  12. Rectifier

Diode theory

Diodes seem to be little understood in the DIY community. Most people will replace caps not realizing the benefits of better diodes. That's why we are here.
  13. Rectifier

Diode theory

Faster recovery time. There's obviously a reason company's like Sonic Frontiers replace standard diodes with faster recovery types in their mods.
  14. Rectifier

Diode theory

In my last preamp I replaced the 1N4006 diodes with Vishay BYT78 which seem to work great. The only problem was the leads on the Vishay's would not go thru the circuit board so I needed to drill out the board. The Cree Rectifiying Diodes as mentioned above look so much different then the 1N4006...
  15. Rectifier

Diode theory

If I wanted to replace the 1N4006 diodes in my preamp with something better, what would be a good replacement diode?
  16. Rectifier

DIY Power Chord

The nice thing about the Belden 19364 cable is that it has a full foil shield with the addition of a drain wire. The drain wire/shield is connected at the wall plug end and floating at the IEC end in Bob Crumps design.
  17. Rectifier

Stripping Teflon Jacketed Wire

mini stripex wire strippers http://www.itcelectronics.com/product_info.php?products_id=9950
  18. Rectifier

DIY Power Chord

I built and use 6 of these.Very happy with them.:thmbsp: Use the Schurter #4782.0100 and Pass & Seymour PS5266-X plugs available from Allied electronics.The Schurter #4782.0100 plug has the correct size rubber strain re-leaf to fit the Belden 19364 cable. I bought the Belden cable by the foot...
  19. Rectifier

Pro amp for bass only

Pro amp for bass only. What are your opinions of using a pro amp for bass only (20 hz to-200hz) in a hi-end bi-amp system.
  20. Rectifier

Electronic Crossover

I'm thinking about getting a Rane AC 22S Active Crossover but I'm concerned I'll have problems going from the XLR outputs of the Rane into by amps that only have RCA's inputs. Have you all experienced any problems doing that? Hum or anything?
  21. Rectifier

New to me Pioneer PL115d with lateral weight ?s

hutchballs, I almost forgot. It's made out of stainless steel, the arm, the weight and the set screw are all NON Magnetic stainless, either 304 or 316L. I don't have any way of weighing it or I would. Rectifier
  22. Rectifier

New to me Pioneer PL115d with lateral weight ?s

Hi hutchballs, Today is your lucky day. :thmbsp: I have a Pioneer PL-117D with the lateral arm and weight. I am also a machinist and here are the sizes you need. Lateral arm is .0975 Dia./Length is 2.173 long.The lateral weight is .462 dia by .953 long and has a .375 dia counter bore that is...
  23. Rectifier

What TT's do you folks have

I have a Technics SL-D3 and a Pioneer PL-117D. I'm keeping an eye open for a used Denon. For whatever reason my Pioneer has a low level rumble or hum but the Technics is dead quite with the same cart. I like that Empire.:thmbsp:
  24. Rectifier

Audio-technica AT120E incredible cartridge for the price

AT120E. I just bought this cart based on info from AK users and I must say that it is much better than the Shure M95HE or Stanton D61 that I was using. I don’t find it to be bright or harsh at all just detailed. For $100.00, yeah it’s a keeper. :thmbsp:
  25. Rectifier

Low grade hum in PL-570

My Pioneer PL-117D with my Shure or Stanton cart hums but my Technics SL-D3 with the same carts is dead quiet. I lubed the motor on the Pioneer and added talc to the belt but no change,damn.
Back
Top Bottom