Search results

1. phreshboy

Weird Marantz 2285 Issue tuner not powering up

I got a nice Marantz 2285B and put it on the bench. It needed light bulbs, a stereo indicator lamp and a good cleaning. I was happy with the way the piece was playing and satisfied there was nothing much wrong with the unit and went ahead with putting the cover back on after replacing the lamps...
  2. phreshboy

Another Post Regarding Marantz Model 15 Transistors

Group, First off let me express my heartfelt thanks to all the guru's, hobbiests and techs on this forum. I have learned so much and continue to learn each day. I recently got a Marantz Model 15 on the bench and it is in dire need of the driver and output transistors, being as how the drivers...
  3. phreshboy

Pioneer SX-450 does not power on power but switched outlet works

Thank you for the reply. If I have measured the right points then I am getting an open reading. I have attached a photo of where the brown and white wire terminate. Thanks again.
  4. phreshboy

Pioneer SX-450 does not power on power but switched outlet works

I have the same problem. I have continuity between the switch when on and none when off, I also have switchable current to switchable outlet. However there is no power on the fuses, and jumping the power switch does nothing. I have checked and re-checked the fuses, all test good. There simply is...
  5. phreshboy

Philips 786 Sudden Left Channel Issue

Updated So the part I thought was the culprit is apparently a wire wound resistor. I am now leaning toward one of my output transistors being bad. The only markings on the outside are 16IN6V then underneath it is printed 606 then a GR. Any guidance on this issue would be greatly...
  6. phreshboy

Philips 786 Sudden Left Channel Issue

I have been interested in vintage audio for a long time, but I do not have an unlimited bank account so I have been slowly getting back into the hobby, tinkering around with the electronics, cleaning etc. I have some skill with a soldering iron. I want to be the "shoestring" audiophile that can...
Back
Top Bottom