Search results

1. Supercool!

Prg Band Nektar Needs Help.

If you remember the incredible band Nektar you may not know they are still as innovative and engaging as ever. Their last album (The Other Side) from a few years ago is outstanding and they are trying to fund their new album via a GoFundMe page. I had an opportunity to meet these guys at...
  2. Supercool!

R.I.P. Ronald Howden of Nectar

Long time drummer for the band and faithful band member, I saw Ron play a few years ago at Progstock and he was as deft as ever. Here is the band's web page https://nektarsmusic.com/
  3. Supercool!

Anyone in the 5 boroughs of New York or nearby NJ interested in some get togethers?

There are so many members here in NYC are but they never seem to pull the trigger even in the face of direct invitations. If you do want to share your interests beyond the forum here I'd be all in and more than happy to set something up. I've been posting events that are in the area as well...
  4. Supercool!

Tri-State and NJ Progstock 2023 Rutherford NJ Oct 6-8 2023

I've gone to a couple of these with three day passes and met a ton of really nice people... artists and attendees. It is a very open easy going environment. Concerts take place all day long and sometimes in associated smaller settings. Some featured are: Patrick Moraz (Yes/Bill Bruford/Moody...
  5. Supercool!

ahartig....Excellent Transaction!

I just purchased an LP by Deaf School from Alex and it was delivered quickly, well packed and graded properly. He is an experienced record seller and it was a perfect transaction top to bottom. Thanks very much Alex!
  6. Supercool!

WFMU Record Fair October 14th & 15th 2023...HUGE Fair....BIG fun!

It's at the Knockdown Center 11 AM to 7PM Saturday and Sunday...Queens NY Here's the link: https://wfmu.org/recordfair/ Here's a video of a past fair: Here's the Knockdown Center: https://knockdown.center/
  7. Supercool!

Yo Adrian...Beyond ANY Audiokarma Karma!

I just need to say first THANK YOU Adrian...you are a class act from beginning to end...let alone to say incredibly impressive! Adrian made an extremely generous karma offer for a Proceed AVP that is just beautiful (along with a number of other very cool receivers.) I happened to be in Rhode...
  8. Supercool!

AK "Hang" Arthur Verocai: Seminal Brazilian Composer..FREE CONCERT NYC Lincoln Center Damrosch Park 7PM General Admission August 11th

Arthur Veracai is a rare groove Brazilian artist whose 1972 self-titled debut album set a high water mark for Brazilian music of the era. The concert is FREE at Lincoln Center's Damrosch Park with general admission starting at 7PM. If past concerts are any indication, those arriving too late...
  9. Supercool!

Chicago Tom...Nice Transaction...

Just wanted to thank Tom..a really nice member of our community! Much appreciated..
  10. Supercool!

BuzzK is SUPERCOOL!

WOW! I just received three WE panel meters and they just could not be more perfect! Top member...also well packed and quick shipping. Also a great member in all communication and on every other level. Thank you Jon!
  11. Supercool!

Anyone notice the incredible 70's rock videos on YT

I just finished watching Tommy Bolin w/ Zephyr and Peter Frampton as a young guitar slinger with Humble Pie....and there are many more such videos on YT. I can't believe how good these performances are. Anyone else find this to be the case recently?
  12. Supercool!

Playback Market at Renninger's Home of Kutztown PA Fair...Lps, etc.. July 8th

I thought I'd post this event as it features vintage/retro items..LPs etc. at the same place at the Kutztowbn PA Fair..sounds like fun on July 8th Link Here: https://renningers.net/events/playback-vintage-pop-culture-market/
  13. Supercool!

enzoazul Thank you!

A great BT seller enzoazul ! Not only shipped my CD box with great care and speed but included a couple of extra CDs...thank you!
  14. Supercool!

Jhildred...Thank you

Jez is a really kind and generous person in the spirit of AK. I just wanted to say thank you for the good karma. I hope it all comes right back to you! Good luck with the move!
  15. Supercool!

These look interesting..

I'm always a sucker for cheap tweaks...
  16. Supercool!

Suggestions for Cleaning?

I'm hoping some of our members might have experience cleaning the metal faces of receivers and the like. I have a Crown DC300II which I've ignored up until now as it has been in a rack in my studio. I've decided it needs my attention so I really need to give it a serious cleaning. Fingerprint...
  17. Supercool!

What RECENT Speakers have you heard?

Curious about experiences members have had with speakers 1) manufactured in the last 10-15 years; 2) that they really enjoyed; 3) preferably above the $5K mark 4) NOT reissues of vintage speakers and NOT Altec/Klipschorn/JBL speakers. My favorites have been the QLM series Prestige 3...
  18. Supercool!

@Hawkeye83. ...a Great Transaction!

I purchased some interconnects from Dan and he was fantastic to interact with...fast safe shipping and very cool interconnects at a more than reasonable price. Thank you Dan!
  19. Supercool!

Total Knee Replacement

I'm really struggling right now a week after total knee replacement and wondering if any other members here have had it done and can offer some advice on what to expect from this point forward. I know already how important physical therapy is and trying my best to do that. I've been avoiding...
  20. Supercool!

Wondering if there is any chance

...for a separate forum for WTB listings on BT? Since the changes in BT I personally find it far less interesting and sales much slower with lots more newbies offering gear that is either overpriced or questionable...just my opinion. I still subscribe to support the site but I miss the old...
  21. Supercool!

TEAC UD301 Failure...

I purchased a Teac UD301 digital converter from a member here a while back and now after about 10 hours, it just stopped outputting sound with any input or output. It show and reads the digital source but no sound. I contacted Teac via their website form and just like the equipment ...no...
  22. Supercool!

Thank you @gkarelitsky

Just a big thanks to @gkarelitsky who was kind enough to offer a great collection of cassettes for free. It was also quite nice to chat with one of our members in person. Great to meet you George and thank you again!
  23. Supercool!

Can anyone say...

Can anyone say they have directly compared a fully restored Sherwood 5500II with 7591 tubes against one with 7868 tubes..side by side fully restored..and if so with what source and speakers. I have a special prejudice against vintage HiFi eqjipment legends and lore because in my listening...
  24. Supercool!

@mrjbq ....THANK YOU!

@mrjbq was selling some great sealed records and I purchased a bundle..not only were the LPs incredible at super fair prices, but Brad went out of his way to pack these safely so they would not split the cover seams in shipping...Thank you so much! A superlative AK member!
  25. Supercool!

Modern Tube Pre vs. Classic Tube Pre

Hi Folks... Just wondering what thoughts are out there concerning the sonic and operational/maintenance difference between a classic tube pre like an Audio Research vs something newer like a Modwright 9. I already know from experience (albeit anecdotal) that Audio Research support for it's...
Back
Top Bottom