Search results

1. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

Nice one! I once did some measurements of my KLH-1 with and without the KLH-1 ABC and it was a pretty flat response in the bass with the ABC. So perhaps your KLH-2 was over boosting the bass? Glad you got it and keen to hear your thoughts. The KLH-1 is an amazing speaker.
  2. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

Hi Roger, wow you've been busy. Nice work. Glad that you a hearing an improvement. Yeah will be interesting to see if recapping the ABC makes a further improvement. Sounds like you are pulling together a very nice system.
  3. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

I recall the foam being similar in density to eva foam, not sure exactly what it was. Those thin wires from the ABC do look a little cheap, but i don't think it forms any of the signal path. I'm not sure but i assume that the ABC is behaving like a multimeter and is measuring the excursion of...
  4. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

Here is the pic of an original KLH power supply. In the end i sourced this os from a klh2 and used it. Also could only find 2 close up pictures of the klh1 abc. Hopefully somone else can chime in with more
  5. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

Sounds like a plan! For the ABC i think it wouod be good if someone with a KLH-1ABC could take of the lid and take some pivs for you to confirm if any of the compinents have changed. I'd be suprised if the boxes were identical and just crossover in speaker changed. Once you get it you can...
  6. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

Congrats, hang onto them they are one of the best keep secrets in vintage audio...well not anymore after this thread ha. Try to track down a KLH-1 A.B.C it really improves the bottom end, i did some frequency plots to confirm this. The sound from them fills the room nicely, and because they are...
  7. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

KLH-3's are awesome, bring those babies back to life and enjoy them. So cool that you hung onto them all these years. Look out on ebay ebay for the woofers and post a wanted to buy ad here. they may turn up. .
  8. Goldjazz

Pack and send service in Tuscon? Recommendations please.

HI All, I need to send some large bulky speakers from Tuscon. A need a company that can pack them and send them internationally to me in Sydney. Items are being sent from Tuscon Arizona. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  9. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

Yeah I recapped mine and there was an improvement in clarity, I used some nice jantzen caps but you dont need to go that crazy. Also you should get em up off the ground the original stands had em about 8" off the ground from memory. Also if you do go hunting for the ABC with whoever donated...
  10. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

Wow that's a steal. With the ABC they're worth north of $1500 and will play better than a new pair of speakers worth $8K in my opinion. Yeah show them a picture of the aBC and ask if they've seen it, not sure if you can get the contact details of whoever donated it. If it was a deceased estate...
  11. Goldjazz

JBL 4311 WXA arrival

Yeah for the 4343 I've tried a few mods, and still want to try more. So removing the biamp switch was an improvement as it was so corroded and nasty. Bipassing the attenuators and replacing with fixed resistors was a bit of a help. Using a first Watt active X over in biamp was an improvement...
  12. Goldjazz

KLH-1 Score

I can't recall if mine needed more power than usual to play loud, possibly. The ABC just lifts the bass SPL, so if all freq are also quiet I doubt that its the lack of ABC. It's a bit curious that both speakers are effected. I wonder if it's an impedence matching issue of these speakers with...
  13. Goldjazz

Acoustic Research model ID

Can anyone please ID these big Ar's? Never seen such tall ones from the old days, and with that grill cloth. Thanks
  14. Goldjazz

IMF RSPM MK IV SPEAKERS - new to me

I once had the chance to buy a pair of these but passed on them. They sounded great with the audio research amps driving them. Regretted not getting them and been waiting for another pair to come up since.
  15. Goldjazz

Really old Speaker ID...

Driver looks like Philips to me.
  16. Goldjazz

Driver ID's please, Big Homebrew Monitors.

Another friend helped me out on the EV tweeters they seem to be EV ST-350A
  17. Goldjazz

Driver ID's please, Big Homebrew Monitors.

Hi All, Just helping out a nice bloke who is selling some of his late father's gear. I just want to help him get a fair price for this gear. His father was an audiophile and made these speakers. Would love some help Identifying the drivers please. This is what I think so far: JBL 076 cats eye...
  18. Goldjazz

Luxman SQ77T - II

Hope you get it sorted out. Seems we got a lot of the Luxman amps in Australia for some reason. Great little amp.
  19. Goldjazz

JBL 4311 WXA arrival

Cool. I think, like you, I was also bitten by the JBL bug. Even though i have a big pair of 4343's which I love and listen to every day, I still can't resist fixing up a pair of 4311's, I've got two 4311 projects on the boil right now.
  20. Goldjazz

JBL 4311 WXA arrival

They are in sweet shape, not even the tweeter dust caps are pushed in, and that's a good deal for you with regards to the trade.
  21. Goldjazz

Diatone DS-505 recap and refresh

Great project. Keen to know your impressions of them once they are up and running. I've read that they are excellent. How are the rubber/foam surrounds of the woofer, have they gone rigid? I've read that the Diatone surrounds can go rigid over time, there is stuff that you can source on yahoo...
  22. Goldjazz

Speaker ID Help Needed!

This is similar to the Cambridge Audio R40 design. ...Or perhaps its based on the R50 design with the super tweeter missing, as someone else suggested.
  23. Goldjazz

Is This A Scam? "...selling these [JBL Speakers] for an retired friend..."

you can take one of the images and do a reverse google images search. It should bring up the real Ad, if there ever was one. This does look very scammy
  24. Goldjazz

JBL L110 incoming.

wow very good deal. L110 are very good JBl speakers I think you'll enjoy them. Hope there's not too mich needed to get them going.
  25. Goldjazz

Yamaha NS-1000xw

sps-2000: Width 440 x height 250 x depth 365 mm
Back
Top Bottom